The Niles Paul Thread

Putting the dropped passes aside, what the heck was up with Paul running away from and refusing to field the punts that pinned Nebraska deep in the second half? He needs to be replaced in that role ASAP!!!

He ran towards the punter's rugby style punt one time and the guy kicked it to the other side of the field. The other time he did the opposite, look Niles has had a rough year and I am upset at his lack of leadership and productivity at WR but those punt returns were not his fault. You have to have two deep guys against a rugby punt like that for that exact reason. You can't run down a line drive kick that is bouncing in bounds if the guy can direction it to the other side of the field as the returner.

Chalk this one up to coaching, fellas.

I agree he didn't have much of a chance to return a punt this game because of good coaching. I for one couldn't believe our staff wouldn't put two guys back to try and get a return. I also think that it is crazy that Marlowe isn't returning punts and Kickoffs. I am trying to figure out what the reasoning was to put Kinnie on KO returns? He is an good reciever, but he is not a returner. IMO

I am sick of watching him drop pass after pass. Rex and Brandon both dropped BIG passes as well, but that was highly uncharacteristic of both of them. Niles Paul needs to suffer the consequences of playing sh*tty football. Thenarse as well. Sit them both down. Give Marlowe, Osborne, and Hyland a chance. Slide Gomes back to safety with PJ Smith and put Compton at the other backer spot.

Niles Paul needs to be held accountable.

Agreed

Putting the dropped passes aside, what the heck was up with Paul running away from and refusing to field the punts that pinned Nebraska deep in the second half? He needs to be replaced in that role ASAP!!!

That's the problem with Niles Paul. You can't bench the guy because he's one play from the end zone, every time. It would be like if Martinez suddenly got a case of the yips - do you bench him when he fumbles, knowing the next play could be an 80-yard lightning streak down the sideline? That's a hard choice to make. Paul has all the ability in the world. The most frustrating thing about the guy is he could be a marquee player for this offense, and we've seen him do it several times. He's had brilliant runs after catch, and the next play dropped a sure TD.

The one single play that best summarizes Niles Paul's career at Nebraska was that fumble against ISU when he made a pretty nice catch, eluded the DB, then as he was tight-roping down the sideline at blazing speed he knocks the ball against his own body, fumbling it IN BOUNDS, and away from himself so quickly that he can't recover it, AND right into the hands of the ISU safety. Pure brilliance followed by mind-numbing boneheadedness.

The Niles giveth, and the Niles taketh away.

And if anyone has watched the huskers the last 4 years Niles have giveth more than taketh

I guess you guys didn't see the Missouri game last year. He gets a pass as far as i'm concerned

can we please talk about okie lite now? jeebus

dedhoarse

Even if we were to give him a "pass" he would drop it. I think addition by subtraction is in order here.

P.S. I would not be giving this student-athlete as much crap as I am if he weren't a notorious prima dona, and he didn't put that article in the OWH. The kid needs to learn some accountability.

Its getting kind of old that everyone continues to rip this kid! Move on! yes he had a bad game but at the end of the day he is a HUSKER. If you you feel the need to keep bashing this guy find another team because he is a HUSKER! With all of the things that went wrong its sad that people spend their time treating this guy like garbage. Im a huge bo supporter but we have to be honest mack brown had the better prepared coaching staff and team. We had too many mental errors and costly mistakes but to continually single this guy out is trash! Everyone loves to brag that we have the best fans, i think its time to act like it and stop kicking this guy while he is down.

• Fire 2

Its getting kind of old that everyone continues to rip this kid! Move on! yes he had a bad game but at the end of the day he is a HUSKER. If you you feel the need to keep bashing this guy find another team because he is a HUSKER! With all of the things that went wrong its sad that people spend their time treating this guy like garbage. Im a huge bo supporter but we have to be honest mack brown had the better prepared coaching staff and team. We had too many mental errors and costly mistakes but to continually single this guy out is trash! Everyone loves to brag that we have the best fans, i think its time to act like it and stop kicking this guy while he is down.

Paul needs to keep his mouth shut and just perform.......he kept bitchin' about not getting the ball enough, then he blows a couple catches that he should have made, i will ride him until he steps up, especially when he runs his mouth, he shows me no class.

Cry me a river. Niles is a big kid and he can take it. We're not saying anything he isn't saying to himself - or should be saying, if he's honest.

Niles a scholarship athlete, a senior, a team leader, a guy who publicly and in a very un-Nebraska like way demanded the ball, then proceeded to ONCE AGAIN put the ball on the turf. Being the "best fans" doesn't mean we have to sit back and accept this, and it's foolish for you to trot that line out in response to wholly deserved criticism of Niles' game.

• Fire 1

i am an active reader on these forums cause i believe a lot of you users know a lot about what you are talking about and i respect that.. but its sad to see this garbage you write about about these 18-24 year olds on the forum.. i am very good friends with many of the players on the team and specifically ones that your are very heated with. the tradition we have is unbelievable, but i have a problem with so-called "husker fans". we go through slumps, bumps or whatever.. but some of you are straight up hypocrites... PLease be supporters of these guys even with wins or losses .. husker fans are the best supporters and HATERS at the same time! give these guys a break.. no one wants to lose but there will always be a loser in a game.. they go to school, are still maturing as adults, and juggle a some what normal social life.. and i know for a fact all these guys feel the state of NEbraska on their shoulders.. they are embarassed to walk into class, walk down O street to get food because of the looks and anger given towards them from "fans".. LET THEM BE! cant take back the loss, look forward.. They are students of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln .. STUDENTS! take this for what it is.. if you dont care cool... but c'mon .. so much negativity..

• Fire 7