Stadium Expansion

Please put in some speakers in South stadium soon

please?

MISTER Accountability has you covered:

Had the associate AD on sports nightly last night and did in fact state that now that the east stadium expansion is all but complete, they are beginning research on the new acoustics for an upgraded sound system. Said it's been in the works for a while, but with the dramatic change in structure, they really had no choice but to wait until it was completed. I think he said to expect an announcement following this season?

In other news-there is a god.

AWWWWWW YEAH!

With only 20 some days left, there still is a lot of work left. Do we have enough time to get the Rail Yard done or even the ribbon band up in Memorial done before the first game? The second apartment complex doesn't look like it will be finished in time.

Most of the Rail Yard bars and restaurants won't be open until mid-late September. I can't believe they hacked and couldn't get those places open for the first game. They have to be missing out on so much revenue by not being open for the beginning of school and the first football game.

With only 20 some days left, there still is a lot of work left. Do we have enough time to get the Rail Yard done or even the ribbon band up in Memorial done before the first game? The second apartment complex doesn't look like it will be finished in time.

Most of the Rail Yard bars and restaurants won't be open until mid-late September. I can't believe they hacked and couldn't get those places open for the first game. They have to be missing out on so much revenue by not being open for the beginning of school and the first football game.

Well that's disappointing. My dad really wanted to see it all in our first game.

Well that's disappointing. My dad really wanted to see it all in our first game.

There should be a fair amount of places open for the first game, here is a link for a timeline on everything:

http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/even-as-arena-opens-west-haymarket-will-be-work-in/article_8259fc22-9967-54d7-9441-8148f50267ee.html

RESTAURANTS

Barry's (235 N. Ninth): Open

Buffalo Wings and Rings (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): Aug. 28

El Mariachi Taco Cantina (Canopy Street Lofts, 601 R St.): Late September

Gate 25 (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): Early September

Hiro 88 (Canopy Street Lofts): Aug. 25

Jack&June (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): Mid-September

Jimmy John’s (Canopy Street Lofts, 601 R St.): Late August

Leadbelly (301 N. Eighth St.): Open

Mellow Mushroom Pizza (Canopy Street Lofts, 601 R St.): Late August

Rodizio Grill (151 N. Eighth St.): Late August

Unconfirmed/rumored locations

Greenfield's Cafe (Hilton Garden Inn, 801 R St.)

Twin Peaks (Tool House, 800 Q St.)

Unannounced pizza place (old Salvation Army building, 151 S. Eighth)

BARS

10 Below (235 N. Ninth St.): Open

Joysticks Arcade Bar (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): Sept. 28

The Cask (728 Q St.): Open

Sweep Left (815 O St.): Aug. 12

Vega (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): Late September

RETAIL

Breezy Island Ice (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): September

The Doughnut Hole (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): September

KD Designs (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): Late September

Maize Popcorn Co. (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): September

The Normandy (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): September

Oliverde (201 N. Seventh St.): Open

Sanders Specialty Meats (Railyard, 300 Canopy St.): September

HOTELS

Courtyard Marriott (808 R St.): Open

Hilton Garden Inn (801 R St.): Sept. 5

Hyatt Place (Canopy and Q streets): February

RESIDENTIAL

Canopy Lofts (601 R St.): August

Hobson Place (Canopy and Q streets): February

OFFICE

Olsson Associates (Canopy and P streets): August 2014

ARENA

Pinnacle Bank Arena: Aug. 17 (UNL Graduation)

INFRASTRUCTURE

Pinnacle Arena Drive: Thursday (south of arena), Aug. 14 (north of arena)

R Street extension: Thursday

Q Street extension: Aug. 12

P Street extension: July 2014

Canopy Street: Aug. 12

Event parking lot (near Haymarket Park): Aug. 31

VIP Parking Garage: Aug. 16

Red 1 Parking Garage: Thursday

Green 2 Parking Garage: Fall 2014

Blue 3 Parking Garage: Summer 2014

Lumberworks Garage (711 O St.): Late November

Breslow Ice Center: Fall 2014

Pedestrian bridge: Fall

Amtrak Station: Open

District Energy Corp.: Operating

Thanks for the list of updates, Watson. I am not local, but I know a lot of people are interested in what's going to be open for the first game. I still can't believe that there will be places that aren't open for the start of school and the first football game. That is a HUGE mistake.

Don't know how much of a mistake it is or isn't, but it was and still is an absolutely massive undertaking. 14 months ago that whole area was all train tracks and dirt.