Stadium Expansion

I have seen so many people on this board mention upper decks in the end-zones. If you look at the picture of the stadium, there are already too many seats in the end zones, and the end zones go really far up/out. I don't know how something like this could realistically be done.

Not true, in fact, just the opposite. Second deck will be vertical, not horizontal thus closer to the action. Similar to west stadium dimensions and design (less pressbox)

Hey ColoradoHusk, I'm bored ....... my dream project

SOUTHPROJECT_zpsed3bf8ec.jpg

Existing south stadium was a tinker toy construction thus fairly easy to demolished section by section. 2/3 of first deck still there after final product, only 1/3 destroyed. In fact just leave it .... NO demolished at all. Then simply build the second deck on top of first deck (vertical stacking)

IMO, this is what they should have done (similarly speaking) to the north stadium on the last project. They botched that IMO. What they should have done is put the suites at the top of the old part of that stadium, then built the extra seats as an upper deck on top with extra concessions, restrooms, and exit/entry points. It would have looked much better. It would have been feasible too as they tore down the old field house and all. I could actually live with the south being the only odd part, or north for that matter, if at least one of them fit more with the east and west stadium.

So we'll spend several million dollars to add the same amount of seats we already have..? Or am I missing something?

Which is why it will never happen. Unless the idea was more suites and have them closer to the field. But just for regular seats? No way.

Beg Warren Buffet. Probably change to Warren E. Buffet Stadium instead of Memorial :lol: . I.E. Gaylord Stadium (OU)

Cool diagram, thanks for the clarification. My one question is that how many seats would that type of upper deck hold? By cutting off the last 1/3 of the south stadium, you are probably cutting off 40% of the seats in the South Stadium (due to the way the whole stadium expands out towards the top). That's the one thing that would make it less feasible.

Probably 30%. Give up 2000-3000 seats....very rough estimate. First deck upper 1/3 rows will be a weather protection area (second deck umbrella)

Cool diagram, thanks for the clarification. My one question is that how many seats would that type of upper deck hold? By cutting off the last 1/3 of the south stadium, you are probably cutting off 40% of the seats in the South Stadium (due to the way the whole stadium expands out towards the top). That's the one thing that would make it less feasible.

Probably 30%. Give up 2000-3000 seats....very rough estimate. First deck upper 1/3 rows will be a weather protection area (second deck umbrella)

If they did this it would be to add more research space in South Stadium. If this concussion research takes off, and our football team steps it up a notch, I wouldn't be surprised to see something done to South Stadium in 5 years.