Stadium Expansion

I bought tickets for the new East Stadium expansion, section 613. hehe. It should be pretty awesome. I've never been that high in a stadium, I am stoked. I'll get to see the Huskers take on Wyoming in the opener. I'll be the first fan to watch the game in those seats. Muahahhahaha! I spent a pretty penny though.......aaah f#*k it.

Thanks for the list of updates, Watson. I am not local, but I know a lot of people are interested in what's going to be open for the first game. I still can't believe that there will be places that aren't open for the start of school and the first football game. That is a HUGE mistake.

Don't know how much of a mistake it is or isn't, but it was and still is an absolutely massive undertaking. 14 months ago that whole area was all train tracks and dirt.

I understand it was quite a massive project and they have made tremendous progress in the past year-plus. But, if you know that school starts in mid-August and the first football game is usually around Sept. 1, wouldn't you want to be open by those important dates? By opening in mid-late September, those bars/restaurants are missing out on 3-4 Husker Saturdays. That is a huge amount of business lost. If I was owning/managing one of those places, I would be pissed.

I bought tickets for the new East Stadium expansion, section 116. hehe. It should be pretty awesome. I've never been that high in a stadium, I am stoked. I'll get to see the Huskers take on Wyoming in the opener. I'll be the first fan to watch the game in those seats. Muahahhahaha! I spent a pretty penny though.......aaah f#*k it.

Where is 116?

I can't find it lol

http://www.huskers.c...f?DB_OEM_ID=100

I understand it was quite a massive project and they have made tremendous progress in the past year-plus. But, if you know that school starts in mid-August and the first football game is usually around Sept. 1, wouldn't you want to be open by those important dates? By opening in mid-late September, those bars/restaurants are missing out on 3-4 Husker Saturdays. That is a huge amount of business lost. If I was owning/managing one of those places, I would be pissed.

It's probably not by choice, there's a lot of bureaucracy to go through to get a business open down there. You had to wait for the land to get cleaned and cleared, then you have to get all your plans and permits in order, start building it, and get your licenses together as well. Not to mention pass inspections.

I bought tickets for the new East Stadium expansion, section 116. hehe. It should be pretty awesome. I've never been that high in a stadium, I am stoked. I'll get to see the Huskers take on Wyoming in the opener. I'll be the first fan to watch the game in those seats. Muahahhahaha! I spent a pretty penny though.......aaah f#*k it.

Where is 116?

I can't find it lol

LOL;

Probably meant section 611 :dunno as the new East stadium sections are from 601 to 613.

They also fast tracked the apartments which takes some of the workers away from other areas. People have already moved into the building and they aren't even officially done with it yet. There is so much work that goes into a project like this before the even turn a shovel that I am actually surprised they are a far along as it is right now. Really impressive development,

Where is 116?

I can't find it lol

LOL;

Probably meant section 611 :dunno as the new East stadium sections are from 601 to 613.

Probably a good guess. None of the new seats are in 1xx.

Where is 116?

I can't find it lol

I'm a dummy head....I meant 613. Hehe

Some pics from the inside, courtesy of Chris Pankonin:

The view from the 360 camera on the scoreboard

rbr6jBr.jpg

Scoreboard all lit up

gmG6lEY.jpg

Ground level floor shot

5dj2JHz.jpg

And here's one from Kat Krutak of the Rail Yard