osbornes hit

So let's see now...

Nebraska is dirty

USC is dirty

Oregon is dirty

Virginia is dirty

Did I get that correct? All the helmet to helmets/big hits today, it automatically makes you a dirty team, right? :facepalm: According to tigerboard, we are headhunters, thugs, dirty, cheaters etc. If Osborne gets suspended, the players from those teams need to be suspended also.

In the play with the near-goaline fumble, this is what we were so angry about in the stadium. After two chop block calls against NU, this happened in the open backfield near the ballcarrier...

This was huge because he was going to get creamed without that chop.

What's illegal about that block? As I understand it, that's not an illegal chop block which is performed by a blocker high and low.

I don't believe a player can turn around and come back and chop block. Which based on the direction that Gabbert is facing, you can tell that the blocker was running back twardys the play

In the Oklahoma/Colorado game Broyles just scored on a long pass play in the third, and the other WR had a very similar hit to Martin's where helmets contacted, and the CU guy wasn't paying attention.

I will guarantee that the OU WR is not suspended next week.

Did the announcers talk about it for 30 min.?

Osborne should not be suspended. Great hit and clearly a fumble and TD return. Man, I was so pissed at that situation. You beat Mizzou by pressuring and getting to Gabbert as then he becomes ineffective. We did a pretty good job in the beginning and then we let him escape and he made some good plays to keep his team in it. We then break through and just absolutely crush him, get the fumble, get the TD, game over...what a play! Then it's like, well ugh no, we are Big 12 refs and think otherwise and think Mizzou should still be able to have a chance. What a load of BS!

TV was brutal on this play. I loved how they briefly showed one angle thinking they were going to show a penalty on NU and you see it is clean and cleary a fumble...so they then cut to commercial! I was like OK...when we are back from commercial they will have a zillion angles and replays...but they don't! No fumble and no TD to be seen here...move along! DVR is awesome...I had to go back and look at it again...not even close. The game was over on this brutally missed call...pathetic! :boxosoap

after seeing this picture its clear he did not lead with his helmet, infact I'm not even sure that their helmets touched.

The crown of his head is pointed to the sky- how is this helmet to helmet

It doesn't have to be the crown and the facemask is part of the helmet.

No one has been suspended yet, so why don't we just wait and see?

If you honestly think that he deserves to be suspended at all, I have lost all respect for you.

All of the focus in the NFL has been the "player launching himself leading with the CROWN of his helmet..."

well if you were watching other games, the guy from Virgina that laid out Harris from Miami got praised for a good legal hit

Same thing happened in the Oregeon - USC game, by Brent Musberger(sp). The USC guy hit the Oregon guy hard, head to head, and Brent was talking about what a great play it was.

Yeah, he'll suspend him. Even though no flag was thrown just like against OSU. That no review on Gabberts fumble was a bunch of B.S. Officiating sucked it up once again.

You can't review it if the fumble was not called on the field.

Not true. NCAA and NFL instituted a new policy before last year where a team CAN recover a fumble by review if it's part of the immediate action after the fumble. Basically if the other team gets possession of the ball immediately after the fumble. I certainly thought that was the case today, but we never got any kind of an explanation.

I have never heard of that or seen it happen in college or NFL. Not saying it isn't possible, but that's not my understanding of the replay rules.

RedDenver is right, they changed this a few years ago.

I havent read through all the previous posts.

But, Ed Cunningham said Courtney Osborne was targetting Gabbert. Hell ya he was, who else was he supposed to hit? THis is football ED, we tackle the man with the ball.

Yes, i see another suspension in our future.

You'd think he would know that with all that NFL experience he's had as an O-linemen. Aha! Maybe that's it. He's thinking back to all the times he got burned off the line and had to watch his blocking assignment light up his QB.