Rumor: Zac Lee

Cody's helmet to helmet hit was on Cody if I recall. That sucks to hear. It was not very smart of him to lower his head and ram into the defender (he's gotta protect himself as the only QB we had viable that day...) and not very responsible, it sounds like, to have kept him in.

He passed the tests on the sideline, mild concussions are easily masked by adrenaline which heightens the senses. And agreed, Cody lowered his head.

I agree Knapplc. I don't expect to see TMart until aTm at the very earliest.

I want to see Ron kellog isntead of cody green.

Why? Cody Green proved that he wont lose us a game. Roy Helu actually did more to help lose us that game than Cody did. Same with Niles Paul.

It is not such a great idea to throw a kid in there that has zero experience in any game. I don't think Kellog has taken a single snap this year IIRC.

I agree Knapplc. I don't expect to see TMart until aTm at the very earliest.

I want to see Ron kellog isntead of cody green.

Why? Cody Green proved that he wont lose us a game. Roy Helu actually did more to help lose us that game than Cody did. Same with Niles Paul.

It is not such a great idea to throw a kid in there that has zero experience in any game. I don't think Kellog has taken a single snap this year IIRC.

Cody almost lost 2 fumbles... the only reason that he didn't make mistakes was because he played 50% of the game and watson called a conservative game when Cody Green was in to avoid him making mistakes like throwing ints. Cody didn't feel the pressure the first time and fumbled the ball and the other time he goofed up by taking the ball out burkeads stomach last second while running the zone read,he should of just kept it in burkheads stomach. What did Helu do wrong? That fumble that they called on him was a bad call and it seemed like that it was a little bit of homecooking,his butt looked to be down before the ball came out and your buttox should count as 2 feet.

i havent heard much other than some very vague, unsubstantiated tricklings that his elbow is blown out again.

so no, i know nothing.

Thanks for the response. I heard a strong rumor from a friend I can usually trust, but you never know...I thought I'd ask you guys.

Bo says Zac is fine and should be able to play Saturday.

In Bo-Speak, that can mean anything from "Zac is actually fine" to "Zac died an hour ago." I wouldn't trust a thing Bo says when it comes to injuries. If you trust your source, I would believe what they're telling you.

I also fully expect Cody Green to start against Kansas and play most, if not all, of the game.

I would have no problem with this. Green did what was asked of him against ISU and we won. He didn't make any terrible plays and was relatively safe with the ball. Considering this is Kansas, I say start Green and give Martinez the extra rest. Texas A&M is seemingly turning into a tougher and tougher game.

I don't know what exactly the deal is with Zac Lee, but coaches say it's a swollen hand. Bo also said he expected him back soon, and even went as far as saying he thought "all 3" (Dennard, Lee, Martinez) would probably play against KU.

That is the key word...I call :bs: I believe this board knows the truth of the matter. It seems like the rumors lately have been pretty spot on.

Actually I believe that Cody had like 3 fumbles and yes he recovered them all but he's got butter fingers and besides that he couldn't run the ball if he's life depended on it. He's too cotton picking slow. I'm really surprised that the officiating crew didn't rule Helu down because his forward progress had stopped like they did with Gabbert.

I'm not too impressed with Green and he seems like the wrong QB to run our zone read offense. I think that Green would be a better QB under center and dropping back to either hand off the ball to the RB or make a pass. He dropps the ball when doing his reads whether to hand the ball off or to keep it and when he does keep it he's too slow to cut outside.

Actually I believe that Cody had like 3 fumbles and yes he recovered them all but he's got butter fingers and besides that he couldn't run the ball if he's life depended on it. He's too cotton picking slow. I'm really surprised that the officiating crew didn't rule Helu down because his forward progress had stopped like they did with Gabbert.

I'm not too impressed with Green and he seems like the wrong QB to run our zone read offense. I think that Green would be a better QB under center and dropping back to either hand off the ball to the RB or make a pass. He dropps the ball when doing his reads whether to hand the ball off or to keep it and when he does keep it he's too slow to cut outside.

Look at the bright side. Even though Cody hasn't solved the fumble problem, he has gotten much better at recovering them.

Lincoln isn't nearly as windy as Ames. Cody will be fine. Even if Taylor can play, I say rest him.

Agree. Enough of the Cody hating. Given the circumstances in Ames, he did fine. It's not like Martinez never fumbles. Cody didn't commit any turnovers that resulted in loss of possession...that is what kept us in the game. If Martinez is hurt, it's best not to play him - for his own safety. Kansas doesn't know which quarterback to prepare for and that's probably what Bo wants.

so back to the orginal topic of this thread...does anybody have any information about the exact nature of Zac's injury...besides what Bo has told the press. That is, can anybody substantuate the rumor presented in this thread? I am worried that Zac's year is done because there have been a couple of prolific posters to this board who have stated that their sources have said so.

i havent heard much other than some very vague, unsubstantiated tricklings that his elbow is blown out again.

so no, i know nothing.

Thanks for the response. I heard a strong rumor from a friend I can usually trust, but you never know...I thought I'd ask you guys.

In Bo-Speak, that can mean anything from "Zac is actually fine" to "Zac died an hour ago." I wouldn't trust a thing Bo says when it comes to injuries. If you trust your source, I would believe what they're telling you.

I also fully expect Cody Green to start against Kansas and play most, if not all, of the game.

I would have no problem with this. Green did what was asked of him against ISU and we won. He didn't make any terrible plays and was relatively safe with the ball. Considering this is Kansas, I say start Green and give Martinez the extra rest. Texas A&M is seemingly turning into a tougher and tougher game.

:yeah

GBR!!!

so no, i know nothing.

:yeah

No! I finally got tickets to this game. I want to see T Mart play!