Taylor rumor

If the relationship between Bo and Martinez is half as bad as the speculation then Bo must be putting on the best show of his life. I just can't picture Bo letting someone stay on the team to sap moral and unity like that, let alone consider playing them again.

Also why would Pelini give in to a request to not suspend Martinez? If the kid is gone regardless, why does it matter to Pelini if it'll be any easier or harder to transfer out after a suspension? Kid breaks rules, he gets suspended. Simple as that. No gray area in Pelini's world.

You Ilumminatists need to lay off the Kool-aid.

It's super hard to believe Pelini would let him hang out on the sideline just for appearances for Martinez's sake. How would that help get the team ready and keep them motivated? Can't believe Pelini would do that. He'd boot him and use it to rally the team.

I'm gonna withhold judgement on this til I see something official. But I will say this: Nebraska is a place you come to because you're privaledged to do so. Your heart should beat for your team. Regardless of how much talent you have, if you don't feel that way, you shouldn't be here. At this point only Taylor (who is a phenominal talent) knows that. Fanatacism for this team is easy, talent is rare, can't even fathom a talented athlete signed with this team not feeling that way.

If the relationship between Bo and Martinez is half as bad as the speculation then Bo must be putting on the best show of his life. I just can't picture Bo letting someone stay on the team to sap moral and unity like that, let alone consider playing them again.

That's the main reason I don't believe this stuff. But if it is true to any extent...wow. Just wow.

Wow, this is a certain way to get hits. I think I am going to buy up the domain taylorrumor.com or taylorisquitting.com. Reminds me of a reliable email received from Mick Richards of Husker Vision. Where's I Bleed Red when you need him? Lordy, 42 hours until I hit Big D, let the good times roll. :nanalama

Also why would Pelini give in to a request to not suspend Martinez? If the kid is gone regardless, why does it matter to Pelini if it'll be any easier or harder to transfer out after a suspension? Kid breaks rules, he gets suspended. Simple as that. No gray area in Pelini's world.

You Ilumminatists need to lay off the Kool-aid.

It's super hard to believe Pelini would let him hang out on the sideline just for appearances for Martinez's sake. How would that help get the team ready and keep them motivated? Can't believe Pelini would do that. He'd boot him and use it to rally the team.

Maybe he figures it's not worth the public spectacle and there are things the team could be concentrating on instead.

I took some visiting family and friends to the Husker Experience room in North Stadium on Thanksgiving Day. As usual, once the show finished, the doors opened automatically. Who was standing there waiting to enter next? Taylor Martinez, his dad, and a couple of younger kids. As we were leaving, Mike McNeil came in the front door and went out of his way to walk over to Taylor's dad, say hello, and shake his hand.

If what has been stated in the OP is true, I find it hard to believe that a senior leader like Mike McNeil would even acknowledge his presence let alone go out of his way to stop and say hello to Taylor's dad.

I'm not offering this as any indication that Taylor won't leave or that there wasn't a serious discussion about his future with the team. However, Bo said very directly that Taylor was not suspended and it is hard to believe that he would lie outright and directly about a topic like this, especially if it was a known fact throughout the team.

Just my two cents.

• Fire 2

If Taylor would leave of course that would be a HUGE loss. With his running skills and his anticipated growth in his passing over another spring/summer/fall camp I think he would have been one of the most feared players in the big ten. BUT, if Bo has proven anything in his time here it's that he's a winner. Starting running back gets dismissed from the team during fall camp? Plug in a true frosh and keep going. Lose your starting senior LB who you moved from RB in the first place? No problem, just plug in a junior walk on who has had hardly played in four years. Starting QB and pretty much entire O-line get injured? Not an issue, just let the wizard that is Bo and his defense take over and win games almost by itself.

We have capable backups including Cody Green, Brion Carnes (who I have heard very good things about) along with Turner coming in at semester and will be able to go through spring ball. Bo will adjust and everything will be fine. As great as Taylor can be he's not worth risking the morale of the entire team for.