Looks like Beebe is a little paranoid.

74Hunter

Per Omaha Weird Herald Linky dink

Dallas police now say they are not investigating alleged threats against Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe, although they are continuing to provide extra patrols by his family home.

A Dallas Police Department spokesman had said earlier this week that the agency was investigating a report of multiple harassing calls and mail to Beebe’s home. But the spokesman, Sr. Cpl. Kevin Janse, said Thursday that that was a mistake based on a misunderstanding by officers who had been flagged down by Beebe’s wife.

She told the officers that the family had received threats and was concerned, Janse said. Police initially thought the messages had gone to Beebe’s Dallas home, he said. They later determined that they had not gone to the family’s home, but instead were received at Big 12 offices in nearby Irving, Texas, outside Dallas. Irving has its own police department.

Asked for a copy of the report from Beebe’s wife, Janse said there was no written crime report.

Big 12 officials could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Earlier this week, Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda said the matter had been reported to “the authorities,” but declined to name the agency. He said he couldn’t provide copies of the alleged threats because they were under investigation.

Beebe had told reporters that he received death threats from Nebraska football fans. He has said that’s why he didn’t travel to Lincoln Nov. 26 to give the Big 12 North Division trophy to the Huskers after they won by beating Colorado.

A spokesman for the Irving Police Department said Thursday that the agency’s records showed no reports involving Beebe.

A University of Nebraska-Lincoln spokeswoman, Kelly Bartling, said Thursday that the university works with a threat-assessment network, but had not heard from law enforcement authorities or the Big 12 about any investigation into the alleged threats.

“Our law enforcement has not received any contact about any threat, or any report that we are being asked to be involved in, or asked to investigate,” she said.

I called BS on this Beebe report when I first heard of this. This further supports that call of BS.

"the authorities" = Texas campus security

Which would be an appropriate place (although not the most appropriate place) to start. But I doubt it was done there, because being a public institution their records would be subject to a FOIA request, to which I don't think Mr. Beebe is interested in allowing his allegations to fall prey.

So let me get this straight:

1. Beebe's wife files a complaint to the Dallas PD about threats to Beebe that were sent to the Big 12 HQ in Irving
  2. Evidence of these threats is turned over to the police for investigation
  3. Neither the police force in Beebe's home area (Dallas PD) or the area of his work (Irving PD) have any reports of these alleged threats
  4. The Big 12 cannot release any information about these alleged threats, because the police have the evidence and it is under investigation
  5. Yet the police have no reports of this evidence

Is that about right?

The bs was obvious when they snubbed the Volleyball team as well. I'm glad the game has been the #1 topic this week, deservingly so, but after it's all said and done and after a few days of analyzing it, i sure hope the hell the Nebraska media goes on the offensive and investigative journalism does the work so we as a fanbase can right wrong we are wrongly becoming in the eyes of National Perception. Beebe needs called out and the truth needs to be discovered.