Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

I think you forget that as Mods, we know where you're posting from.

And .. ?

If anyone reads the status updates, or has read my posts, they know which state I am from and from what part of the state. Just the other day I told a poster where I was from. And even on the old board system, I had my exact town listed. It's not like it is some secret where I am from.

But I guess will these new darned teleyphonies, this electronical mail, and that durn texting garbage that no one knows what goes on anymore. <_<

The difference between what you're saying and what I'm saying is that I'm owning up to the fact that this is just my opinion. I haven't claimed that some inside source is divulging anything to me, whereas that's the entire basis for your argument. Everyone in this thread is different from you, Willie, in that we're all discussing this based on the info we've gleaned from some news source. You're the only one whose starting point is, "I know more than you." That alone puts your posts under a greater microscope than others'.

Feel free to act as arrogant as you like. Bottom line is, unless you tie that arrogance to some foundation, it's baseless. You either won't or can't divulge who you are or what your source is, and without that source, your arrogance is just... arrogance. And rather childish.

I will continue to believe the facts in front of my face, rather than unfounded rumors. And I have zero problem with that.

And here is another problem - if, as you said, believe no 'rumors' and you believe all of what I post is 'rumor', then why are you even directly responding to me at all? By you continuing this conversation, and even addressing me numerous times in he past, you put credence in what I have said.

Now suddenly, it is dismissed? A bit hypocritical, eh?

If you don't believe me or any 'rumor', perfectly fine. We will agree to disagree and move on.

My guess is who ever is offered the Florida job will take it instantly. Could be the best job in the country. Talent abounds, weather is fantastic, great conference, strong fan base, great facilities, and according to Urban a University that wants to win and backs the coach without question.

Please.....Florida is a bandwagon fan base, just like Texas, Miami, and USC. Hard Core fan bases.....LSU/Bama/OU

My guess is who ever is offered the Florida job will take it instantly. Could be the best job in the country. Talent abounds, weather is fantastic, great conference, strong fan base, great facilities, and according to Urban a University that wants to win and backs the coach without question.

Please.....Florida is a bandwagon fan base, just like Texas, Miami, and USC. Hard Core fan bases.....LSU/Bama/OU/Nebraska

fixed it for you!

I dont care if Willy ever divulges how he knows his info(who cares)...it obvious the guy knows whats going on. Hes never or hardly ever been wrong about anything, thank you for posting on here, i take your work over ANYONE on this forum , based solely on your record. Hes obviously know what hes talking about. Please continue to post here, even your little hints are picked up by most of us.

And here is another problem - if, as you said, believe no 'rumors' and you believe all of what I post is 'rumor', then why are you even directly responding to me at all? By you continuing this conversation, and even addressing me numerous times in he past, you put credence in what I have said.

Now suddenly, it is dismissed? A bit hypocritical, eh?

If you don't believe me or any 'rumor', perfectly fine. We will agree to disagree and move on.

I think I've stated several times that I get a lot of enjoyment debunking myths and rumors. Discussing what you say neither proves nor disproves anything, it's just a discussion, and as I've noted in recent threads, I've often found you to be more credible than Bo. But not always. ;)

I'm not dismissing anything you're saying. Taking the statements you put forth and discussing them is all I've ever been interested in. It's when you puffed up with, "I'm me, believe me" stuff that I logically ask, "And who are you that we should believe you?" which, you must admit, is a fair question. Rather than answer that you get defensive, and here we are. Again.

I recognize that you're in an uncomfortable position in that you (I'm willing to believe, based on past truths) have greater access than most to the team, and that you can't disclose that source. But you have to recognize the position that puts the rest of the members in as well, especially when we're discussing rumors for which there is no factual basis. More understanding and less defensiveness is the best choice, I would assert. Do you not agree?

The only thing that may have caused BO to look around is Harvey's reaction to the Texas sideline issue

Very good question, I'd say. Thumbs up for thinking of it.

Or, could it be caused by TO trying to force Bo to replace his brother after Carl's supposed affair with a booster's son's wife? Didn't TO have to crack down on Bo last year for excessive jawing at the ref's? Everything comes down to hinging one rumor upon another rumor. The better question should be if Bo leaves who do we hire?

The only thing that may have caused BO to look around is Harvey's reaction to the Texas sideline issue

But just think how Bo would feel if Donna Shalala ripped him a new one.

It was just pointed out on the raido, Schick just read Bo's contract. Section 10 states that Bo CANNOT speak directly or indirectly to ANYONE about a coaching vacancy WITHOUT the permission of the Athletic Director. aka Tom Osborne. Osborne denied giving ANYONE permission to speak to Bo....so.....Put the Miami rumors to bed. GOOD NIGHT! :horns2

Or, could it be caused by TO trying to force Bo to replace his brother after Carl's supposed affair with a booster's son's wife? Didn't TO have to crack down on Bo last year for excessive jawing at the ref's? Everything comes down to hinging one rumor upon another rumor. The better question should be if Bo leaves who do we hire?

Not sure whatever came out of that rumor.

I don't think this is causing Bo to look around. As long as you believe the OWH/LJS reports, and/or well as the insider spin on this that he isn't going to leave. Everything is not pointing in that direction IMO.

But Harvey pretty much embarrassed Bo after A&M.

Bo was in the wrong that game, but I'd was pretty disappointed too if I were hung out to dry in the media. Harvey could have had his back that time, and school and AD alike could have stuck up for him instead of agreeing with the other side. To be honest, objectively you can't disagree with the other side - Bo & Carl messed up - but again, you CAN control how you handle this to the media. At least keep that stuff internal and let Bo and Carl come out on their own and do the necessary public relations stuff. It's actually remarkably like now, where Bo has a choice to handle the media one way and put everything to rest, but is choosing what can be called a "standard, correct" answer. Again it is debatable how much all of this matters.

Bowl game here yet? :D

I agree it's nonsense, knapp, but all Bo has to do is say "I'm staying at Nebraska. I'm not even interested and I'm not in the running." and there would be nothing to talk about but the other guys.

The problem is, if he says that, and eventually some job comes up (Ohio St?) and he doesn't say that, people will figure he's gone.

"No comment" is a good way to keep people in the dark about whether he's not interested, interviewing, or taking another job. As far as I'm concerned, he's got that right to be secretive, at least with us. Maybe not Osborne. I don't know if that "asking permission" thing is a contractual obligation, or a courtesy that most everyone follows.

Edited to say I wrote this before I saw the above note that Bo's contract says he needs permission.

But, it wouldn't be the first breach of contract in the world. What do you do then, force the guy to stay if he wants to go? Best you'll do is get some damage $$ out of it, probably from the other side.