Bo looking into the Miami HC Job

epocSoN

We are the most insecure fan base in college football, aren't we? Some reporter in Miami writes some wholly bogus story about Bo and this board has a collective conniption fit.

While I've enjoyed skewering all the rumors, this has been a bizarre day. I love you guys, but frankly, sometimes this rumor stuff is trying even for me.

Anyway.

:)

I would agree ...... I would be Shocked if he left the Huskers to go to Miami .... It does not make sense to me. If he were heading to Florida I'd at least get it but not agree.

Talked to a few Canes fans down there and they said its not really Bo that the UM is looking at, its Carl Pelini. Though they can't confirm that, they said it would make more sense to go after Carl right now than Bo.

Would be cool for Carl but I think it is hard for a team to tell how much of our Devensive Godliness is due to Carl rather than BO ......... I can't answer that .

After almost 4 years of reading and participating on Husker Board I just want to let you all know "We are all insane". I can not recall a crazier season on this board thus far. It started with Owa (and everything in between...texas, taylor, watson...etc) and now Bo leaving. This to me is better than watching TV you've got your rumors, drama, comedy and bickering all in one. :snacks:

Thank you for the entertainment.

:yeah

• Fire 1

I am pretty sure we won't skip a beat if we keep Bo and lose Carl, but not the other way around. It will be good for Carl to get another opportunity, or a promotion, if he chooses it, but this is Bo's defense through and through.

Sounds like the Cane rumors are getting a little out of control. That sounds enormously speculative, if not just made up. Same thing happened around the time of our coaching change.

I don't think there is any serious reason to believe Bo is taking a hard look at Miami, or that Bo is in danger of leaving for Miami. But as many suggested, it is questionable if Bo is staying here for the long, long haul, and an opportunity like this may not be so bad that he wouldn't at least look at it. And that sounds like something we can mostly accept, as a fanbase.

Really the most interesting angle that has been raised so far on this is if it has anything to do with Harvey Perlman making Bo look a little bad in the media by not standing completely behind him and catching the flak for it, which is what Bo would do for ANY of his players or coaches, ever. We have seen our AD come out and stomp on this story in no uncertain terms. A defensive assistant has done the same, more or less. But Bo is still "no comment". He's letting this one play out and you have to wonder if there isn't some relationships that need mending there. But again, it's not like we can help any of this on the chance that it is true. It is just something to think about, if it might be the case or not.

HC-employer relationships are very important and really critical to both a coach staying or leaving, or a coach being fired or not. It's why when AD changes happen you often start thinking about whether the AD wants to bring in his own guy, or if he is really going to be comfortable enough through thick and thin with the guy he inherited. It's something I worry about in regards to Bo's job security, if TO ever leaves. And it could be something Bo is thinking about too, and maybe a reason he to not consider Nebraska long, long haul type stuff.

We are the most insecure fan base in college football, aren't we? Some reporter in Miami writes some wholly bogus story about Bo and this board has a collective conniption fit.

While I've enjoyed skewering all the rumors, this has been a bizarre day. I love you guys, but frankly, sometimes this rumor stuff is trying even for me.

Anyway.

:)

What rumors are you talking about? Let's be clear that rumors and reports are different things, though both have the potential for being wrong. Reports are done by reputable journalists (insert ESPN slam here) that are running with their story because multiple sources close to the situation are telling them something, not because of some message board poster's uncle who washes the teams uniforms. Bo said he doesn't comment on rumors and innuendo, but these are legitimate reports that he has discussed the job with the Miami AD and has even displayed interest in it. I really don't think it's insecure or unreasonable to hold a discussion of these reports and the fact that Bo refuses to refute them. I'm not saying the sky is falling at all, but let's not act like this is the same thing as some anonymous poster starting a rumor. This is a real sports news story that merits discussion.

• Fire 1

amazed on all this... ok say if he does leave for Miami, i would bet the #1 reason would be for him to get out from under THE GIANT NU MICROSCOPE!

I really don't think it's going to be any easier in Miami, so it would be a mistake to leave for that reason. In fact, it might be worse there since there is a much larger media presence to deal with, and it's not as "program-friendly" as our reporters tend to be. Every team these days has to deal with rumors, maniacal fans on message boards, and snarky reporters. If it's a program with any sort of winning tradition, you have expectations to deal with, too. Before we start beating ourselves up as a fan base, maybe look around and realize it's still tame compared with some places.

This is laughable. If it is true - which it's not, as T.O. clearly stated - then I'd understand discussing the situation and which direction the team would head, instead of all the "oh no, woe is me as a fan".

Anyone wanting to discuss team/performance, coaching abilities, etc. can join me over on the "Other Sports" talking some bball. I'll come back after the Holiday Bowl when BO coaches MARTINEZ and co. to a victory and reassures you all. Unless of course someone gets an email from their aunt's boss' friend January 1...

What rumors are you talking about? Let's be clear that rumors and reports are different things, though both have the potential for being wrong. Reports are done by reputable journalists (insert ESPN slam here) that are running with their story because multiple sources close to the situation are telling them something, not because of some message board poster's uncle who washes the teams uniforms. Bo said he doesn't comment on rumors and innuendo, but these are legitimate reports that he has discussed the job with the Miami AD and has even displayed interest in it. I really don't think it's insecure or unreasonable to hold a discussion of these reports and the fact that Bo refuses to refute them. I'm not saying the sky is falling at all, but let's not act like this is the same thing as some anonymous poster starting a rumor. This is a real sports news story that merits discussion.

:laughpound

You're funny. "Real" news story? C'mon! There are two dozen of these "stories" every year when coaches get fired. Each of them cite Coach A, Coach B, Coach C, and various "unnamed sources" that drive readers to websites or TV shows, nothing more. In the end some coach gets hired, and the other five mentioned were never really actively part of the story... but they sold newspapers, they put eyeballs on TV ads, and they put clicks on websites.

Get real. This is as much a "real" news story as anything I Bleed Red ever posted.

After almost 4 years of reading and participating on Husker Board I just want to let you all know "We are all insane". I can not recall a crazier season on this board thus far. It started with Owa (and everything in between...texas, taylor, watson...etc) and now Bo leaving. This to me is better than watching TV you've got your rumors, drama, comedy and bickering all in one. :snacks:

Thank you for the entertainment.

this.

but in all honesty i cant take much more drama. this season is pretty much the equivalent of an episode of the real house wives of new jersey. this is the first time i can ever remember not caring about the bowl season at all. im done with college football early....

amazed on all this... ok say if he does leave for Miami, i would bet the #1 reason would be for him to get out from under THE GIANT NU MICROSCOPE!

I really don't think it's going to be any easier in Miami, so it would be a mistake to leave for that reason. In fact, it might be worse there since there is a much larger media presence to deal with, and it's not as "program-friendly" as our reporters tend to be. Every team these days has to deal with rumors, maniacal fans on message boards, and snarky reporters. If it's a program with any sort of winning tradition, you have expectations to deal with, too. Before we start beating ourselves up as a fan base, maybe look around and realize it's still tame compared with some places.

disagree, Miami does not even care about Miami football, they have the biggest fair weather fans, since 90% of the country did not even know there was a "U" until the early '80's I can't even come close to agree that we have the same fan bases.

The fact that there is 7 PAGES of comments on this stupid rumor is horrible!!!!!!!!Ok no way in a million years he leaves.. He is from the Big 10 and I dont see him missing out on a chance to coach vs the Big 10, and the fact that he has put 3 years of his blood sweat an tears into this program he wont leave now... Upsets me to think there is a bunch of people that actually think he would do that to this program... In the same respect if he does leave then he's not the coach for us..........