Guess Who They Want Next?

SkerMin8r

I dont see the vest leaving until he decides to retire. The recent news of the players suspensions have got all the fans and media in a frenzee. I ama firm beleiver that Bo is here to stay and he wants to win championships here, he is a competetor and will always be. He may not make the most money here but, he still hasnt won a confrence championship or been to a BCS bowl game. He is a young up-and-coming head football coach whom we are lucky to have.

Bo is :bigredn:

GBR

I thought there was some unwritten rule that coaches can't leave one big 10 head coaching position for another?

That might be a specific stipulation in one coaches contract, that he cannot leave and take another position at a school in the same confrence. I could see tOSU maybe pushing for an Urban Meyer if he is still on the Market when Tressel decides to hang it up. He is a more established HC than Bo, as of right now but that could change in 5-10 years.

You will need to register to read it (free).

http://www.bucknuts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76657

Many of them seem to think this is where Bo wants to go!!

Depends on how long Bo is here until the opening occurs at Ohio St. Just because a player played for a school doesn't mean he would want to coach there. I don't see Bob Stoops leaving for Iowa even though he would never schedule to play against Iowa. There are also a lot of other factors like Nebraska just doesn't get rid of their coach unless you screw up royally like Callahan. If Bo is doing great here and at the time he may not want to start over. I think Tressel would have to mess up really bad just to get rid of him. Ohio St has pretty much owned the Big Ten since he became head coach and played for NC's.

It's rare but it has happened. The immortal ( :sarcasm ) Wes Fesler went from OSU to Minnesota in the early 50s. I can't think of a Big 8/12 coach who has switched in conference either. I don't know if there is just a gentlemen's agreement between the schools or that there really hasn't been a real opportunity where a school wanted another school's coach bad enough to take them.

Don't forget that Schembechler was an asst under Hayes at OSU before going to Michigan.

Friggin 1620 USC just half-a$$ed started a potential "Rumor" scenario.... they just said that this was "something to keep an eye on"....

Everyone thought Harbaugh to Michigan....well, now with the 49ners wanting Harbaugh, they said that Michigan would go after and "get" Les Miles, and LSU would be looking at Pelini. Now, these guys said they thought Bo talks A LOT about LSU and had a great experience there. They seemed to leave the impression that this wouldn't be a great scenario for Nebraska. In fact, they were on the topic of OC , position coaches, and then mentioned that the HC job might not be as safe as we think.

I friggin hate "scenarios" that involve NU...but so is life

Friggin 1620 USC just half-a$$ed started a potential "Rumor" scenario.... they just said that this was "something to keep an eye on"....

Everyone thought Harbaugh to Michigan....well, now with the 49ners wanting Harbaugh, they said that Michigan would go after and "get" Les Miles, and LSU would be looking at Pelini. Now, these guys said they thought Bo talks A LOT about LSU and had a great experience there. They seemed to leave the impression that this wouldn't be a great scenario for Nebraska. In fact, they were on the topic of OC , position coaches, and then mentioned that the HC job might not be as safe as we think.

Take this for what it is worth, but Pelini's wife apparently hated LSU or at least living there. I have heard this from several people. These same people have said she loves Nebraska, and really wanted to come back here and is ecstatic to be back.

Just through the grapevine stuff, but isn't that what this thread is about?

Take this for what it is worth, but Pelini's wife apparently hated LSU or at least living there. I have heard this from several people. These same people have said she loves Nebraska, and really wanted to come back here and is ecstatic to be back.

Just through the grapevine stuff, but isn't that what this thread is about?

In the Deed the Glory - great post and completely accurate. The last place that Bo would leave us for is LSU. He would leave for tOSU, but Tressel is going nowhere.