The 2011 QB Thread

I think Martinez might start first few games and I could see Brion Carnes getting a fair amount of playing time in those non-con games. In the end I think Carnes will become our starter by 3rd or 4th game.

However, I could see either Bubba(if makes it) or Jamal possibly getting a chance too. I would actually choose Jamal of the two to have the better chance because he will be here in the spring.

But, secondary to the athletic freak Bubba is, if he comes here and can learn the O quick I wouldn't doubt the possibility that he could eventually be the starter.

If you put a gun to my head, I would say Martinez starts first couple games but is outplayed by Carnes when he gets his chances, and therefore Carnes will be our main guy heading into the 3rd-4th games and beyond. Feel Bubba would be in too late and will redshirt, and Jamal probably won't be ready even with the spring but could see him ending up at receiver just to get him on the field to use his athleticism.

During the under armour all american practice they were talking about jamal turner and according to them bo said he will not be redshirted and he will enter lincoln as a quarterback. Does anyone think he has a chance?

Don't know about his prospects as starter, but Turner looks awfully little out there, and that's amongst other high schoolers.....