Crick to miss rest of spring ball

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska defensive tackle Jared Crick will miss the remainder of spring practice after suffering an MCL sprain in his right knee.

Crick, a first-team All-Big 12 selection in each of the past two seasons, suffered the partial ligament tear in Monday's practice. He told ESPN.com that the rehabilitation process will take up to four weeks and he expects to be fine by the summer and preseason camp.

"I can't fret about it," Crick told ESPN.com on Tuesday. "I've never really been injured before. They said, at worst, it's a four-week rehab and I should be 100 percent."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6270538

Unleash the beast that is Chase Rome.

WOW figured the freakout over this would be mildly meltdownish and more thoughts thrown around.

As been said, the rest and rehab should take care of this. What this does do is give guys like Rome(as stated), Jay Guy, Thad Randle, and even Kevin Williams more reps to show their stuff. Deep down this setback for Crick could help strengthen the interior DLine. This is a unit that could be a scarey good rotation.

After I read this and after seeing that he is expected to fine I noticed perhaps another change as we go into 2011....The team was actually open and candid about an injury. I swear last year this would have been ...... BO "Crick is out w/and undisclosed injury" Media "How long will he be out" BO "I don't want to get into it, you know how these things are we'll know he's back when he can start practicing" Media "Any Idea How Long this will be" BO "Next Question" .........

Well, what Husker offseason isn't complete without an injury to a key defensive player?

In all seriousness, I do find it odd that the D seems to get hurt in the offseason (Fisher, Compton, Crick) and the offense seems to save their injuries for the actual season (everyone in 2009, Martinez and Paul in 2010).