ATH Devin Fuller

ADS

... I expected this from you. I don't have an issue with your view before this view ... have not said that ... but as a follower of recruiting on Huskerboard ... yes, you are a "Negative Nancy". Maybe it's the way you communicate bro ... I don't know. It sounds like it means alot to you to be right ... verses actually getting DF ... so hey, a big "CONGRATS"!

Regarding VV, you see, I don't know 100% if we will get him ... but for you ... lets just see if "I'm wrong". Ya see, it's like you are trying to be "right" ... for me ... I'm just being a fan and "wanting" him :bigredn:. I'm not on hear debating who we will get or not ... I'm expressing who I hope we get and the info I've read from various news sources. So, maybe that's why some of your comments rub me wrong.

I'm not mad at you ... hope you are not mad at me ... I was just sharing how you have come off to me and how you are coming off now ... maybe it will help you understand why people have responded the way they have.

As for me, I'm sure I give off an impression as well ... but as a fan ... I'm gonna keep drinking my red kool-aid and hoping. In fact, I'm still hopeful that DF signs ... even after everything I've read.

Sorry bro, not trying to make friends or win anybody over here. Not trying to say that I'm right or wrong. I just try to present things from MY point of view, which I consider to be a REALISTIC point of view. Just because I say that we're not going to get every possible recruit, people dog me and say I'm negative. Well, if you go back and look at things, see how many of these guys who were labeled "definites" and "silent commits" just a week ago are still around. I predicted 14-16 commits, and I stand by it. Also, I predicted that BEFORE they went out and made the 2 recent offers (which I feel were reaches). I'm just going with my gut. I've said all along that I think Peat will be "N". I've never felt that Fuller was on board, nor VV. I live in Louisiana and I like Alonzo Moore a lot, although it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he stayed closer to home. This is SEC country and to most people down here, other conferences don't exist. So yeah, I could definitely see him going to MS State because Mullen is a good coach and a good recruiter. As for Shelton, I've read Washington boards and it appears that they think he's committed to them, as well. I've been through the process before and I know that these kids will tell coaches pretty much anything they want to hear. They don't know how to handle the pressure and don't want to say "no" and disappoint anyone. I think it's a big mistake that we turned away Curry and Ford, saying there might not be room. I don't think a coach should ever say that, unless he's 110% sure. And IMO, you can't be 110% sure until the contract has been signed and faxed. People have been telling me all week long not to worry, we'll be fine , etc. etc. And once again, I hope you're right and I'm wrong. But if we don't land at least 18 recruits, and allowed Curry and Ford get away when they were in our clutches, then IMO, that's a disappointment.

14-16 prediction is bs. You said no more than 14... so from your REALISTIC point of view... who really cares what you have to say since were done recruiting anyway?

I think Fuller is Ariz's to lose. How quick Rich-Rod has gotten this city to by in. I think he will do very good here, in Tucson. I said the same thing about Erickson at Ariz.St, look how that worked out. This whole recruiting thing is a crap shoot. It is fun though, talking it up after the season. We all hope for the best, for our Huskers, buts lets be honest, few if any know for sure where these "kids" will end up.

Just hope its us :power

GBR!!!

14-16 prediction is bs. You said no more than 14... so from your REALISTIC point of view... who really cares what you have to say since were done recruiting anyway?

Haha... u mad bro?? Get your facts straight...

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Sounds like we will be as low as 16 or as high as 19

I'd consider 16 to be the highest, with 12 the lowest

And also, let's not forget that I made that statement before they offered Whitaker and Alexander, both of whom I feel were reaches in an effort to fill spots.

Haha... u mad bro?? Get your facts straight...

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

Sounds like we will be as low as 16 or as high as 19

I'd consider 16 to be the highest, with 12 the lowest.

And also, let's not forget that I made that statement before they offered Whitaker and Alexander, both of whom I feel were reaches in an effort to fill spots.

Those were great thoughts bro ... but what about the "realist" statement just two days earlier, post 51 ...

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:00 AM - From the "Updated Recruiting Board" thread.

"I'll be surprised if we get more than 14 commits in this class."

Seems to me that you are re-writing history. For being a "realist" ... I'm thinking the record should be set straight.

exactly. We'll find out shortly.

Husker fans will find out what recruits fall our way ... all because of the hard work of the staff and the luck of how everything falls.

FLU will find out if he's right ... and I'm sure he will gloat if he is correct and remind everyone once again about what he said verses what everyone else thought. But, he reserves the right to second guess anything that doens't turn out :bigredn: as the coaches don't know what they are doing and he would have done it differently.

FLU will find out if he's right ... and I'm sure he will gloat if he is correct and remind everyone once again about what he said verses what everyone else thought. But, he reserves the right to second guess anything that doens't turn out :bigredn: as the coaches don't know what they are doing and he would have done it differently.

Dude, why so upset? LOL

I made my predictions... you guys said I was crazy, negative, etc. I said I was being realistic. Has absolutely nothing to do with being right or wrong. I've said many times that I HOPE that I'm wrong. I hope we get 'em all; I just don't think we will. Never have. You guys told me that these guys were "silent commits" and how we turned away certain others because we "didn't have room" etc. etc. I just felt that people thinking we'd get every one of the recruits on the board was unrealistic. Well, we'll soon find out, simple as that.

Dude, why so upset? LOL

I made my predictions... you guys said I was crazy, negative, etc. I said I was being realistic. Has absolutely nothing to do with being right or wrong. I've said many times that I HOPE that I'm wrong. I hope we get 'em all; I just don't think we will. Never have. You guys told me that these guys were "silent commits" and how we turned away certain others because we "didn't have room" etc. etc. I just felt that people thinking we'd get every one of the recruits on the board was unrealistic. Well, we'll soon find out, simple as that.

Your continous posting of the same content, suggest that it does in fact, have something to do with you being right, or wrong....

I said I'd be SURPRISED if we get more than 14. I said that 16 would be the highest. Once again, that was before they issued the 2 late offers. So yeah, let's get the record straight.

And, you said that two days later ... since being a "realist" and "right" is so important ... and you will second guess how the recruiting turns out ... yes, you said "surprised" ... did I not quote your correctly? You see, your opinion evolves as well ... and the coaches are making changes as things evolve as well ... so maybe you can see why you rub some the wrong way as you allow yourself to "extend and revise" your thoughts ... but you will second guess the coaches as if you would have done it differently ... like you some how would do better and have better knowledge then them.