Texas A&M is rattling the SEC sabre again because of ESPN 8: The Bevo

I think the Big 12's days are numbered. I think either A&M or Mizzou will make the first move and bolt to the SEC and put an end to the conference.

It will only take one from the Big XII to do so this time around, assuming that the Big 10, ACC, and Pac-12 expand to 14 alongside the SEC. And per the Aggies Insider article, it could be Missouri that kicks this off, and not A&M--Missouri is already unhappy before Bevo TV showed up.

Yeah that's what I meant that either one or the other will leave and kick it off. The conference can't survive anyone else leaving since everyone already has plans made on where they will go once that happens.

I thought that they could always pull in an old SWC school anytime they wanted to.

FYI the new BCS deal only give ND one half of what the other teams get. In exchange we get paid 1.5 million in BCS money on years that we don't go to a BCS bowl. In an amazing coincidence we haven't been to a BCS bowl since that deal was announced in 2007, netting ND 6 million for sitting at home on NYD.

Just curious Joe, what do you think of the whole: "If Texas A&M was to leave, Dodds said the Big 12 might seek to bring in another school. Dodds also said if there was not sentiment to hold the Big 12 together by the remaining members that Texas and possibly Notre Dame could join forces to create a new conference."

So basically how do you feel about joining Texas to create the SWCx3 (third-times-a-charm) but move all your games to esipn 8 (the bevo).

Conferences have to have more than 2 teams. If Notre Dame turned down the Big 10 twice why would it consider one with Texas?

Colorado left first! :)

Is the SEC really considering Missouri. I know media market but Missouri will end up around Ole' Miss calibur.

Missouri was always Ole Miss calibur. They only made it to the Big 12 Championship game twice and OU soundly beat them both times. Plus there is only so many calibur teams left to pick from you eventually have to take the also rans.

You can do a heck of a lot worse than picking MU. And they have held their own against the SEC teams 4-1 since 2000, 19-8-1 all time. Its not like they are running over all the big dogs, but seriously they are better than half of the conference today if they were to join. Clearly the big 10 conference would be easier, but its not like they couldnt finish in the top half of the SEC pretty consistently and challenge occasionally.

You all need to understand how Texas politics work. Aggie just doesn't get to leave the Big 12 because they decide too. Aggie and Texas are tied together and fool me once, fool me twice, fool me cough cough not a 3rd time. We can't break from Aggie and they can't break from us. State politics will crush the break up if it gets that far.

Aggie and UT are playing a chess game right now. Put your money on the people moving the the UT chess pieces over whoever is moving the Aggie chess pieces. State politics, tv rights, big money, legal issues, etc will all come into play. When it is all said and done Aggie will remain in the Big 12. What will be interesting is if Texas will have to make concessions on the new LHN. We'll have to see if Aggie has enough money to support a sustained fight.

With Rick Perry announcing he is running for President, God help us, the last thing he is going to want is in-state fighting.

You all need to understand how Texas politics work. Aggie just doesn't get to leave the Big 12 because they decide too. Aggie and Texas are tied together and fool me once, fool me twice, fool me cough cough not a 3rd time. We can't break from Aggie and they can't break from us. State politics will crush the break up if it gets that far.

Aggie and UT are playing a chess game right now. Put your money on the people moving the the UT chess pieces over whoever is moving the Aggie chess pieces. State politics, tv rights, big money, legal issues, etc will all come into play. When it is all said and done Aggie will remain in the Big 12. What will be interesting is if Texas will have to make concessions on the new LHN. We'll have to see if Aggie has enough money to support a sustained fight.

With Rick Perry announcing he is running for President, God help us, the last thing he is going to want is in-state fighting.

What do you mean? Americans love their Presidents from Texas. ;) If the SEC offers more money for A&M than currently it will be hard to justify to stay in the Big 12 specially since Texas needs to ruin another conference.

Are there any cable providers lined up for the LHN?

And, correct me if I'm wrong, if Aggie can't break from UT and vice-versa, what is all this "We will just go independent blah blah blah" talk? I would think if UT has the right to go independent, Aggie can go to a different conference.

What do financial resources have to do with this fight? What money is being spent? Who is receiving any financial benefit from this? I would think that there are plenty of lawyers that would work probono for their respective universities.

Ohh, I get it, now. State Legislature bribery funds. Perry knows a lot about that, so don't count Aggie out just yet.

Yes aTm can leave UT. All they have to do is prove that leaving UT for another conference will be more beneficial for the University itself. The only thing that stopped them last year was the boosters. This year the boosters are seeing things much clearer.

I think the Big 12's days are numbered. I think either A&M or Mizzou will make the first move and bolt to the SEC and put an end to the conference.

It will only take one from the Big XII to do so this time around, assuming that the Big 10, ACC, and Pac-12 expand to 14 alongside the SEC. And per the Aggies Insider article, it could be Missouri that kicks this off, and not A&M--Missouri is already unhappy before Bevo TV showed up.

Yeah that's what I meant that either one or the other will leave and kick it off. The conference can't survive anyone else leaving since everyone already has plans made on where they will go once that happens.

I thought that they could always pull in an old SWC school anytime they wanted to.

FYI the new BCS deal only give ND one half of what the other teams get. In exchange we get paid 1.5 million in BCS money on years that we don't go to a BCS bowl. In an amazing coincidence we haven't been to a BCS bowl since that deal was announced in 2007, netting ND 6 million for sitting at home on NYD.

Just curious Joe, what do you think of the whole: "If Texas A&M was to leave, Dodds said the Big 12 might seek to bring in another school. Dodds also said if there was not sentiment to hold the Big 12 together by the remaining members that Texas and possibly Notre Dame could join forces to create a new conference."

So basically how do you feel about joining Texas to create the SWCx3 (third-times-a-charm) but move all your games to esipn 8 (the bevo).

• Fire 1