uniforms

Oh yeah I always forget about those (or just subconsciously block them out of my mind). Its like we took Mizzou's uni's and replaced all the black with red. Just terrible and distasteful and spitting in the face of tradition.

I think i just threw up a little bit.

"Tradition has a scary mascot, tradition wears three colors, tradition practices at "half speed", tradition milks the clock, tradition punts on fourth down, tradition eats turkey on thanksgiving.

TRADITION NEVER CHANGES. CHAMPIONS DO."

They have a sign posted in Oregon's practice facility that says this ^^

• Fire 1

Oregon had to get Nike to manufacture their gimmicky uniform mess because they had no identity and nothing going for them. It had nothing to do with "changing" or becoming a "champion" ...how many national championships has Oregon won? This is Nebraska, not some upstart program looking to cash in. Oregon's tradition is...having no tradition. They are the exact polar opposite of Nebraska and comparing them to us is downright silly and ignorant.

• Fire 1

Oh yeah I always forget about those (or just subconsciously block them out of my mind). Its like we took Mizzou's uni's and replaced all the black with red. Just terrible and distasteful and spitting in the face of tradition.

"Tradition has a scary mascot, tradition wears three colors, tradition practices at "half speed", tradition milks the clock, tradition punts on fourth down, tradition eats turkey on thanksgiving.

Spitting on tradition is a little dramatic. This does confirm that I was the only person in the nation that liked the uni's that year.

And right below that sign, Chip kelly is handing out wads of cash for recruits, I mean old recruiting info.....

I'm good.

Oregon had to get Nike to manufacture their gimmicky uniform mess because they had no identity and nothing going for them. It had nothing to do with "changing" or becoming a "champion" ...how many national championships has Oregon won? This is Nebraska, not some upstart program looking to cash in. Oregon's tradition is...having no tradition. They are the exact polar opposite of Nebraska and comparing them to us is downright silly and ignorant.

This....enough said.

I believe, sir, you just won the internet.

Apparently no one really knows about uniforms. The reason that the stripes on the sleeves looked so different last season was because they changed the fit of the uniform. The sleeves are much shorter and are a tighter better performing fit. Minus the NFL which requires every player to wear tall socks, wearing socks in football is a dated trend. The Huskers uniforms are a lot like the Yankees, there is tradition behind them so you will never see a huge change in design. When they changed them to the thick stripe on the pants and different top to look more modern they caught a lot of flack for it and those jerseys were gone in a year.

How could anyone who claims to be a Nebraska Cornhuskers football fan want to wear black uniforms. Unbelievable.

I'm not trying to pick on you here, but I get kind of tired of this attitude. If we wore black uniforms for ONE game, would it really be such a big deal? I don't think anyone wants to change tradition, but it's fun to switch things up now and then for a brief moment. The whole, "This is how we have always done things, this is how we will always do things, and that's that" attitude wears me down.

But then again, maybe I'm not a real fan. ;)

How could anyone who claims to be a Nebraska Cornhuskers football fan want to wear black uniforms. Unbelievable.

Yeah that doesn't make any sense. I just assumed it was some sort of forum inside joke.

not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Yeah I don't get it. May as well advocate wearing turquoise uniforms. At least we wouldn't look like a poor man's Iowa Hawkeyes squad.

I'm not trying to pick on you here, but I get kind of tired of this attitude. If we wore black uniforms for ONE game, would it really be such a big deal? I don't think anyone wants to change tradition, but it's fun to switch things up now and then for a brief moment. The whole, "This is how we have always done things, this is how we will always do things, and that's that" attitude wears me down.

But then again, maybe I'm not a real fan. ;)

Yeah, it would be a pretty big deal. Black is not a school color, I don't know why we would wear it. Teams wearing black for the hell of it is getting old. Lets not put ourselves in the same boat with these disasters:

Tennessee+black.jpg

sp-stanfordunifo_0502262602.jpg

407045.jpg

206475_10150150101266854_22208101853_7132923_7947021_n_display_image.jpg?1302726740

And that doesn't even include VT's Pro Combat Black...god forbid that ever happen here.

I would not be against some black uniforms for the 50th anniversary of the blackshirts or something like that. tschu, if we did it that way then it would not just be "for the hell of it". I think it would be pretty cool.

Now this is the first legit idea that I have heard. I'll have to give it some more thought, but on the surface this seems like one of the only scenarios where I wouldn't be totally against the black. It would have to be done tastefully though.

But there are several people on this board that think along the lines of "Hey we should wear black!" "Um, why...?" "Cuz it'd be cool and Oregon does it!" ...which is mostly the mindset that I am against. The other mindset that I see is "Man why does it always gotta be about tradition?" And the answer to that is that we live in a fly-over state with a population of 1.8 million. We have one small city to our name (Omaha), and the even smaller Lincoln. We have no local recruiting base. We have few landmarks or attractions to draw people to our state. Our weather sucks. I mean, without our tradition...our history of success, our instantly recognizable uniforms, our national championships, our Heisman trophy winners, our tunnel walk...without that tradition and pedigree, what do we have? So don't mess with the uniforms.