Put it on the Record

I picked PSU basically because it's in Happy Valley, at the end of a pretty tough season. But I'll admit I'm not solid on that pick.

Fresno State will not be more difficult than Penn State. They're here, they lack playmakers on both sides of the ball, and they are not the same Bulldogs teams that knocked off powerhouses early last decade. Those teams are long gone. They have been mediocre for five years.

1 point loss to Nevada last year.... 2 years in a row before that taking a highly ranked Wisconsin down to the wire. They may not be winning the big games against the giants like they used to, but they are certainly right in the thick of them, and always on the brink of another big upset.

I have watched a lot of B10 seasons unfold and here's my feeling for Neb. Neb will be a top team similar to OSU the last 10 years. One disadvantage will be learning all these new teams, venues, etc. One advantage is that you haven't found that weaker conference team that just seems to play you tough just about every year and pulls out a W more than they should. For OSU is it Illinois, Iowa - NW.

I see a 10-2 or 9-3 season depending on the CCG result.

4 NonConf - all W's

Minn, MSU, NW - easy wins

Wisc or OSU - will lose one of those two.

Iowa, PSU or Mich - will lose one of those 3.

CCG - toss up.

Chattanooga- W

Fresno State- W

Washington- W

Wyoming- W

Wisconsin- L

Ohio State- L

Minnesota- W

Mich. State- W

Northwestern- W

Penn State- W

Michigan- W

Iowa- W

B1G CCG- L

BOWL - W

11-3

Says the homer. ;)

Who's your quarterback gonna be? Brax?

I hope it’s either Braxton or Graham. I think both of them will get solid playing time the first two games to help them prep for Miami. I feel both of them give us a better chance than Joe B. Buckeye nation will throw a fit if Joe B. starts.

Crew and others ... why do the board view the OSU game as a rough game? From my perspective, this is gonna be a very average OSU team, we have them at home ... to me, if we execute on both sides of the ball we win this game by 10-14 and it really isn't close ... atleast that's how it should be. Are Husker fans just expecting the worst? Do we think we are that bad? Do they think we are that evenly matched?

Input?

Here is the deal with OSU. This isn't Baylor or sCUm that loses five(now four) players to suspension. It is not like they haven't been recruiting top notch talent and have a whole new staff. This is a team that has one at least a share of the last SIX B1G titles. They reload. They played a ton of kids on defense last year, and there is some very good OLinemen returning, including C Michael Brewster, maybe one of the few OL in the conference that can man up to Crick.

OSU isn't stupid and as every team leading up to this game will look to make Taylor beat them with his arm, which we all know is meh. And finally we all know the result of the last game in which the whole state/team got geeked for a game. You think this will be any different, OSU in Lincoln, first conference home game, Bo' old alma mater, etc, etc? And if NU takes care of Wisky the week before.....lookout. We could have a repeat of last year if ya know what I mean.

I'll go on record, and let it be etched in stone, NU will not lose to Penn State. Even in Happy Valley. OSU and MSU at home will be very tough games. They are at best a coin flip as many have said. Easily the games could be a split or a sweep one way or the other.

The game that I actually am looking at the hardest as a potentially looking as a snag is that November 19th trip to Ann Arbor. 9 starters back on O and 7 on D.

Crew and others ... why do the board view the OSU game as a rough game? From my perspective, this is gonna be a very average OSU team, we have them at home ... to me, if we execute on both sides of the ball we win this game by 10-14 and it really isn't close ... atleast that's how it should be. Are Husker fans just expecting the worst? Do we think we are that bad? Do they think we are that evenly matched?

Input?

Ohio State is still the heavy-hitter in the con talent-wise and they'll have everybody but Pryor back when we play them. It will be a tough game.

I'll go on record, and let it be etched in stone, NU will not lose to Penn State. Even in Happy Valley. OSU and MSU at home will be very tough games. They are at best a coin flip as many have said. Easily the games could be a split or a sweep one way or the other.

The game that I actually am looking at the hardest as a potentially looking as a snag is that November 19th trip to Ann Arbor. 9 starters back on O and 7 on D.

Input?

Ohio State is still the heavy-hitter in the con talent-wise and they'll have everybody but Pryor back when we play them. It will be a tough game.

....what about that fella named Jim Tressel? He only had a marginal impact on the success of OSU the last decade or so right? They should be able to "reload" at that position as well, because they're OSU duh ;)

Chattanooga: 95% Win

Fresno State: 65% Win

Washington: 75% Win

Wyoming: 85% Win

Wisconsin: 55% Loss

Ohio State: 60% Win

Minnesota: 70% Win

Mich. State: 70% Win

Northwestern: 75% Win

Penn State: 60% Win

Michigan: 60% Win

Iowa: 70% Win

Big 10 Title Game: Nebraska over Wisconsin 65%

(75%) Rose Bowl: Nebraska over Stanford 70%

(25%) NC Game: Nebraska over Oklahoma 60%

Put percentage certainty behind the wins and loss. Percentages are likelihood for bowl games--figured one loss will get us the Rose Bowl unless our lone loss is early to Wisconsin, in which case we'll have redeemed ourselves and have a shot at the NC.