NU vs Iowa trophy game going to be announced

I like it for the fact of what the name and game is going to reflect. I was reading that the proceeds from this game will go to the Iowa and Nebraska Red Cross. Every year, one person will be nominated from each state by friends, neighbors or whoever for being a "hero" and will be addressed at the game about it. I don't think any other trophy game does this.

I think we should have went with a "corn belt". We could dress it all up like the WWE Heavy Weight belt with diamonds in the shape of an ear of corn. After the game the MVP could throw it over his shoulder, climb up the goal posts and cup his hand over his ear asking for cheers ala Macho Man Randy Savage.

Everyone is always b!tching about this game. Well fellas I hate to break it to ya. Iowa's 10 year record is BETTER than our own.

Both Nebraska and Iowa have 4 ten win seasons in the last 10 years. Iowa has only 1 losing season in that span (6-7) Nebraska has two, (5-6), and (5-7). Chalk it up to Billy C, sure, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. You can't just throw out years that don't meet standards.

Colorado may not have been a "rivalry" in regard to series record, BUT, can any of you honestly say that Colorado didn't worry you every year just because it seemed like no matter how good/bad they might have been, this game always seemed closer than it should have been.

Nebraska 10 year record (84-46)....Iowa (85-41)

"forced" rivalry or not, help develop the game into something beautiful, rather than moan and groan about how Iowa is beneath us, and isn't good enough to be our "rival"

Everyone is always b!tching about this game. Well fellas I hate to break it to ya. Iowa's 10 year record is BETTER than our own.

Both Nebraska and Iowa have 4 ten win seasons in the last 10 years. Iowa has only 1 losing season in that span (6-7) Nebraska has two, (5-6), and (5-7). Chalk it up to Billy C, sure, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. You can't just throw out years that don't meet standards.

Colorado may not have been a "rivalry" in regard to series record, BUT, can any of you honestly say that Colorado didn't worry you every year just because it seemed like no matter how good/bad they might have been, this game always seemed closer than it should have been.

"forced" rivalry or not, help develop the game into something beautiful, rather than moan and groan about how Iowa is beneath us, and isn't good enough to be our "rival"

Yeah its easy to compare the dark days of Nebraska to Iowa's second golden age. (Their first was under Hayden Fry.)

i think streeter is right, there is nothing we can do about it, whats done is done, and we can either embrace it and look forward to kickin Iowas a** every year, or we can moan and groan and still kick Iowas a** every year.

what the hell is hy-vee or whatever the name of the main sponsor is....

i actually like the name once i read the first or second paragraph stating its to honor the hard work of people of these two states... but i dont think that will come out much and thus the meaning will transform into something else for casual fans or poeple not familiar with it......

Yeah its easy to compare the dark days of Nebraska to Iowa's second golden age. (Their first was under Hayden Fry.)

Well what else are you gunna do? Its the most recent decade in football. I think my age probably has something to do with it, because I know that we kicked A-- in the 90's but I turned 12 in 2000. So the majority of my memories come from this decade 2001-2010.

I know there are people on here that have seen football beyond the 90's. The first game I ever remember watching on TV is the 97 Missouri/Nebraska game, nothing before that.

i think streeter is right, there is nothing we can do about it, whats done is done, and we can either embrace it and look forward to kickin Iowas a** every year, or we can moan and groan and still kick Iowas a** every year.

what the hell is hy-vee or whatever the name of the main sponsor is....

i actually like the name once i read the first or second paragraph stating its to honor the hard work of people of these two states... but i dont think that will come out much and thus the meaning will transform into something else for casual fans or poeple not familiar with it......

Hy-Vee is a local grocery chain in the Nebrasky-Iowa region.

That's great and all, but how does any of that make Nebraska-Iowa a rivalry?