NU vs Iowa trophy game going to be announced

I'm still gonna call it Farmageddon and there's nothing they can do about it. And screw Iowa St and K-state nobody cares about them.

Recycling a name used to describe the meeting of two bad teams is not Nebraska. We're better than that.

We're also better than a manufactured "Heroes Game" ...and given the choice between the two I choose Farmageddon. Like 1 in 50 college football fans will have ever heard of that name being used between ISU/KSU anyways.

I'm still gonna call it Farmageddon and there's nothing they can do about it. And screw Iowa St and K-state nobody cares about them.

Recycling a name used to describe the meeting of two bad teams is not Nebraska. We're better than that.

We're also better than a manufactured "Heroes Game" ...and given the choice between the two I choose Farmageddon. Like 1 in 50 college football fans will have ever heard of that name being used between ISU/KSU anyways.

I agree with you about "manufacturing" a rivalry with Iowa. I think it's a stupid idea. Rivalries aren't forced, they're built through tradition, victory and defeat.

However, Farmageddon is and will always be Kstate-Iowa St.

• Fire 1

I agree with you about "manufacturing" a rivalry with Iowa. I think it's a stupid idea. Rivalries aren't forced, they're built through tradition, victory and defeat.

However, Farmageddon is and will always be Kstate-Iowa St.

This. All of these trophy and rivaly games in the B1G are cheesy and trite. For a conference that is so caught up in its own tradition, this really is embarassing.

Personally i think the meaning behind the game is awsome but i think the name isnt great. Also remember the cy-hawk game sponsored buy hyvee. I hope our game doesnt get as lame as that trophy was. Just one big huge sponsored event seeing all that stuff here was rediculous.

This plus infinity. The meaning behind the game is great, but just announcing that it is a rivaly doesn't make it so.