Am I missing something? (Washington Game)

We need to rip the heads off their players and send them to the scum that are their fans.

By the way, the Washington Fans last year in Seattle were just as great as those in Lincoln. They were as gracious and hospitible as anything I've seen in Lincoln. You are totally wrong in your critique of the Dog Fans. These are good people just like in Lincoln.

Is no one worried about the games we have lost recently where our team was just not prepared to win? Washington beat us fair and square in the bowl game - we didn't come prepared to play.....this was a coaching failure in my opinion. If Bo can't get his team up for a bowl game, or any game, there is a problem. The kool aid just won't work here.

We seem to have issues with keeping our eye on the ball - only to lose to teams that we should have overcome.

GBR.

River-Runner

We need to rip the heads off their players and send them to the scum that are their fans.

By the way, the Washington Fans last year in Seattle were just as great as those in Lincoln. They were as gracious and hospitible as anything I've seen in Lincoln. You are totally wrong in your critique of the Dog Fans. These are good people just like in Lincoln.

Is no one worried about the games we have lost recently where our team was just not prepared to win? Washington beat us fair and square in the bowl game - we didn't come prepared to play.....this was a coaching failure in my opinion. If Bo can't get his team up for a bowl game, or any game, there is a problem. The kool aid just won't work here.

We seem to have issues with keeping our eye on the ball - only to lose to teams that we should have overcome.

GBR.

River-Runner

I don't know that many UW fans first hand but I recall hearing good things from Husker fans last year, and from 1997 on their experiences in Seattle.

As far as the bowl. Yes UW won "fair and square" but the factors that had the team down or "unprepared" in that game won't be a factor in September. These factors have been discussed repeatedly here and NONE of them are an excuse for losing the bowl-- but they sure didn't help.

Whether or not a lack of preparation, team confidence, etc will creep in as a factor again in December or January is yet to be seen. but it won't be an issue in September when the Dogs come to Lincoln.

The one simple thing that hugely changed from that first game to that last game is our offensive line. In the first game, our offensive line was pretty healthy and we absolutely dominated them on that front. Our line was getting a push, and opening holes like mad for any of the players in our backfield.

December came, and the only really healthy linemen we had were Yoshi and Ricky. The rest of the guys we put out there probably should have been limited, or not even have played in that game. But due to us having absolutely no depth on the line, those boys had no choice but to play through alot of pain.

This year, it shouldn't be that big of an issue. At guard we may have some issues, but we should be okay. Alot of younger guys would have to fill in, but thankfully guys like Klachko, Reeves and Moore are ready for it.

Hate to sound overly confident, but Washington is not going to challenge us in this game. Our players will be pissed off about the Holiday Bowl last year (as I recall, the Washington players were trash talkers too) and the fundamentals of last year's teams are the same this year. Washington will likely have an effective offense (although look for a significant step back early on due to Locker's absence) but a good defense takes good athletes and UW does not have them. They are still rebuilding. Their soph qb will buckle in Memorial Stadium and NU's offensive line will shove UW's front 7 all over the place.

I'm looking for a game very much like last year's in Seattle, maybe with less scoring though. I'll say 42-10 for now.

It will be interesting to see if they try to play a NG again. That defense caused us issues last year. After the season they said it was because Caputo was hurt. Being gullible I will take it on faith that this is true. I think the recent offense changes may have countered that too, so I think our offense will be fine. Our speed at WR will be new to them so I look for some big plays there and in special teams. On D, I think the emphasis on the 4-3 rather than the peso will help against them as their strength will be running the ball. I think Nebraska matches up well at that part of the season. Barring injuries and given that it is in Lincoln. much like HuskerLuke I think NU will win be a 38-10 score or something around there.

It will be interesting to see if they try to play a NG again. That defense caused us issues last year. After the season they said it was because Caputo was hurt.

This reminded me of what I noticed watching some highlights of NU v. TAMU last night. The whole reason Caputo stepped on Taylor's ankle, thus reinjuring it, was because he was being man-handled and was pushed 5-7 yards into the backfield before being flattened. I've stuck up for Caputo a lot, because I do think overall he's a good player, but that made me cringe. I'm hoping it was due to the fact that he was hurt.

We need to not only beat, but beat down Washington. I'm sick of hearing how they won the damn bowl game. If our players aren't motivated by these constant reminders in articles talking about the resurgence of the Huskies based in large part on their Holiday Bowl win they need to be checked for a pulse. To wit:

Washington (7-6 in 2010)

It's easy to overlook the Huskies considering they're stuck in the same division as preseason Top 10 teams Oregon and Stanford. And while winning the Pac-12 North is probably asking too much, Washington could certainly win 10 games, rise to second if either the Ducks or Cardinal disappoint and earn a BCS at-large berth in coach Steve Sarkisian's third season.

The seeds for a potential breakthrough were planted late last season when Washington won its last four games, including a 19-7 Holiday Bowl upset of Nebraska. During that stretch, junior tailback Chris Polk asserted himself as a powerful workhorse, rushing for 286 yards on 29 carries in the Apple Cup against Washington State, followed by 177 yards on 34 carries against the Huskers. The departure of Jake Locker opens the door for versatile sophomore Keith Price, who Sarkisian likens to Charlie Ward in terms of his versatility and field awareness. And Price has two talented veteran receivers in Devin Aguilar and Jermaine Kearse.

Washington's road schedule (which includes a return trip to Lincoln) is tough, so it would definitely take a couple of upsets -- not to mention a dramatically improved defense -- for the Huskies to pull it off.

We need to not only beat, but beat down Washington. I'm sick of hearing how they won the damn bowl game. If our players aren't motivated by these constant reminders in articles talking about the resurgence of the Huskies based in large part on their Holiday Bowl win they need to be checked for a pulse. To wit:

Washington (7-6 in 2010)

It's easy to overlook the Huskies considering they're stuck in the same division as preseason Top 10 teams Oregon and Stanford. And while winning the Pac-12 North is probably asking too much, Washington could certainly win 10 games, rise to second if either the Ducks or Cardinal disappoint and earn a BCS at-large berth in coach Steve Sarkisian's third season.

The seeds for a potential breakthrough were planted late last season when Washington won its last four games, including a 19-7 Holiday Bowl upset of Nebraska. During that stretch, junior tailback Chris Polk asserted himself as a powerful workhorse, rushing for 286 yards on 29 carries in the Apple Cup against Washington State, followed by 177 yards on 34 carries against the Huskers. The departure of Jake Locker opens the door for versatile sophomore Keith Price, who Sarkisian likens to Charlie Ward in terms of his versatility and field awareness. And Price has two talented veteran receivers in Devin Aguilar and Jermaine Kearse.

Washington's road schedule (which includes a return trip to Lincoln) is tough, so it would definitely take a couple of upsets -- not to mention a dramatically improved defense -- for the Huskies to pull it off.

I'm usually against running up the score on teams, but in this case I can make an exception. Screw UW.