And so it begins...

8. QB Taylor Martinez, Nebraska, So.

Martinez ran for 870 yards over his first seven games, including a Nebraska quarterback record 241 yards against Kansas State. But foot and ankle injuries slowed him down the stretch, and he managed just 95 rushing yards the rest of the season.

The word out of Lincoln is that Martinez is fully healed. If he stays that way, he could be Nebraska's best offensive threat for the award since Eric Crouch won in 2001. But Martinez will have to adapt to a new offense -- Bo Pelini has charged first-year coordinator Tim Beck with finding some balance after the unit ranked 113th in passing, which could limit T-Magic's rushing opportunities -- three new starting linemen and a new conference.

It's worth noting the Huskers open with Chattanooga, which has faced the last three winners.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/cory_mccartney/08/31/preseason-heisman-watch/index.html#ixzz1WcyGklpy

No comment - for fear of upsetting either side of the Martinez debate before a game has been played in 2011.

It's good to have an offensive player in this discussion though. Assuming we have T-Mart for another 3 years, he'll be in the hunt each of them and it brings a lot of legitimacy to our skill positions that has been missing for some time.

I thought you didn't have a comment on this topic. :LOLtartar

It's good to have an offensive player in this discussion though. Assuming we have T-Mart for another 3 years, he'll be in the hunt each of them and it brings a lot of legitimacy to our skill positions that has been missing for some time.

I thought you didn't have a comment on this topic. :LOLtartar

HAHA, I just didn't want to say something like: "there is absolutely no reason after his last 5 games that he should be anywhere near this list" or "based on the first 6 games of last season T-Mart would have won it last year if he hadn't been hurt so why he is 1 spot below Robinson is beyond me"

Not many are down the middle on Martinez - it's usually one of those two.

I feel like the article is a bit misleading by saying Tim Beck is trying to find more balance...

I'm sure we will throw the same amount, maybe even less, as last year. However, we won't depend on a quarterback zone read and his decision making to win games. We will be more balanced in the back field I would think. But we shall see....