And so it begins...

It's Luck's award to lose, but if Taylor's even in the conversation especially late into the season than I figure we'll all be pretty excited about our season.

I don't know if that's even the case anymore. Luck is a tremendous talent in and of himself, but I don't see Stanford getting past Oregon nor winning the Pac-12 this year. That said, it's going to be extremely interesting if Stanford is in the mix for a MNC and Luck is their Heisman winner.

Can't say I agree. Oregon's defense is terrible, and Stanford should beat them easily in a shootout. And the game is in Palo Alto. Let me know if you want to make a friendly wager ;)

I personally think Robert Griffin III should be out in front right now. Only Kellen Moore should be up there with him. They both had exceptional games against good opponents. Martinez was ok against a bad team, but that invites Heisman talk?

Look at the article...

1. Andrew Luck

2. Kellen Moore

3. Robert Griffin III

I have...and I watched each game. Luck shouldn't be on top mainly because they played NOBODY UNIVERSITY, and he looked mediocre at best in that game. Moore and Griffin played ranked teams and looked really good. But I'm not telling you something you already know, right?

Should be...

1. RG3 - Put up a virtuoso performance, the best in CFB so far.

2. Luck - The best football player in game right now (which means he should win the award) but didn't put up big numbers

3. Moore - He's proven and a winner, and put up a big game against a solid (maybe) defense.

Should be...

1. RG3 - Put up a virtuoso performance, the best in CFB so far.

2. Luck - The best football player in game right now (which means he should win the award) but didn't put up big numbers

3. Moore - He's proven and a winner, and put up a big game against a solid (maybe) defense.

Cannot argue with that list.

I have...and I watched each game. Luck shouldn't be on top mainly because they played NOBODY UNIVERSITY, and he looked mediocre at best in that game. Moore and Griffin played ranked teams and looked really good. But I'm not telling you something you already know, right?

K. Something about your wording made me think you thought they were *only* talking about Martinez

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think Martinez will win it either. I've never seen a defensive player like Suh, that guy was/is a beast and deserved to win the Heisman. If Martinez stays healthy and plays well the entire year I think he can make a push for the Heisman in his junior year.

Not even close.

I'm just hoping this season doesn't end like last. It's beginning to look earily familiar. Wisconsin = Texas? What excuse is there now that Taylor is no longer a "freshman" and he makes it through the entire season healthy?

The glaring difference is that we should have beat Texas if our receivers could have even caught a cold that day. I don't think anyone can make the same claim with regards to Wisconsin. We were only with them for a quarter. Last year, our defense could keep us in games. This year, they're an even bigger liability than our offense.

• Fire 1

I'm just hoping this season doesn't end like last. It's beginning to look earily familiar. Wisconsin = Texas? What excuse is there now that Taylor is no longer a "freshman" and he makes it through the entire season healthy?

Football is played with 11 guys on the field at a time. If you think the other ten guys don't matter, the defensive unit doesn't matter, field position, clock management, down & distance situations, etc. all don't matter; well then you are missing a whole lot of football. Sure 3 picks and ineffective throwing play into it but this ain't a one man rodeo. The team lost. Accept it.

• Fire 1

I think most of us understand that the entire team played like sh*t.

Usually we have a good idea what we need to fix.

After the Whiskey game where do they start?

A lot of holes to plug...no joke! Defense, offense, special teams...etc

When they get punched in the mouth they have to be able to fight back....It not it's going to be long season.

If the game plan is not working go to plan B.

God! Please tell me we have a plan B.

• Fire 1