And so it begins...

It's Luck's award to lose, but if Taylor's even in the conversation especially late into the season than I figure we'll all be pretty excited about our season.

Luck will drop by the wayside because Stanford will drop two or three games this year. They're not the same team without Harbaugh. Martinez would have a shot If he stays healthy, and IF we make it through our B1G sched unscathed--which is unlikely. He might still be in the hunt for a Heisman if we make it through the season only dropping one Big 10 game, which could easily happen.

The Hypesman is a sham and it has been for a real long time.

And for the record, Kellen Moore is the best QB in the nation. Anyother big time school, and he already would have a trophey. Ahh...the politics of college football.

And also for the record, Taylor is more in the 10-20 range for canidates and would definitely be a darkhorse.

The sad thing is, there isn't a player on the SI list who will be as dominant this season as Suh was in 2009, and yet Suh finished fourth for the Heisman. Just a damned shame.

It's just damned sad. Not like it means anything, but Ingram hasn't done squat in the NFL....

I hope you're being sarcastic. He's a rookie who has only played in three preseason games. I don't know what exactly you want him to do in that context.

It's Luck's award to lose, but if Taylor's even in the conversation especially late into the season than I figure we'll all be pretty excited about our season.

I don't know if that's even the case anymore. Luck is a tremendous talent in and of himself, but I don't see Stanford getting past Oregon nor winning the Pac-12 this year. That said, it's going to be extremely interesting if Stanford is in the mix for a MNC and Luck is their Heisman winner.

Case in point: Nebraska's Taylor Martinez.

In a 37-point win over Chattanooga, the sophomore quarterback showed no signs of the toe and ankle injuries that slowed him down last season. But more importantly, we also saw the unveiling of an offense that could be T-Magic's ticket to New York.

Sure, new coordinator Tim Beck's scheme had some kinks. The Cornhuskers averaged two yards on first down and were 9 of 18 on third and Martinez at times looked shaky in the pocket, going 11 of 22 passing. But the no-huddle attack which features plenty of triple-option allowed Martinez to do what he does best: run (135 yards in the win).

Operating in an offense that allows Martinez to audible and freelance should only strengthen his candidacy. As for now, it was a strong statistical opening against an FCS squad, which will only get him so far on this list.

7. QB Taylor Martinez, Nebraska, Soph.

Last week: 11-of-22 passing for 116 yards; 19 rushes for 135 yards and three TDs in 40-7 win over Chattanooga.

It was a return to the Martinez who ran for 870 yards over the first seven weeks of 2010. He scored a rushing TD for the first time since Oct. 7 -- his runs of 43 and 47 yards were the longest since that date -- and went over 100 yards for the first time in six games. But there was concern: Martinez left the game midway through the fourth quarter after tying a career high with 19 carries. After he missed two games last season, and ran for 95 yards over the last five, Nebraska can't afford him not to be at full strength.

Next up: Saturday vs. Fresno State

LINK

I personally think Robert Griffin III should be out in front right now. Only Kellen Moore should be up there with him. They both had exceptional games against good opponents. Martinez was ok against a bad team, but that invites Heisman talk?

Look at the article...

1. Andrew Luck

2. Kellen Moore

3. Robert Griffin III