Time to unleash the Dawgs on some Huskers

BroncoTed

Enough of this pissing match. I love the fire and feel it too, but the fact is, both teams have played a FCS and WAC team. No one is really in place to say what's happening Saturday. Clearly both sides feel they have the upper hand, probably because we went 1-1 last year. It's a measuring stick game for both squads and the first BCS competition of the year.

If you guys don't think Pelini will make adjustments to what Fresno burned us with you are crazy. Also, Fresno would probably hang with if not beat Washington. I'm not worried one bit. Huskers 38 Washington 17.

Exactly. How can one say that Sark is going to dissect that game tape and figure out what burned our D, without saying that Bo (a defensive genius) is not going to do the same and figure out how to rectify it?

Hell, Bo/Carl almost had it all figured out after the half. Give 'em a week and see what happens.

It goes both ways people. We got exposed, so now teams can adjust their offensive gameplan but we can also adjust our defensive gameplan to counter.

Well I just wasted 30 minutes of my life.

Ill say the same thing i knew before i read this:

-NU is a 17 point favorite

-We have motivation this time, thanks to people like you now thinking you have a chance

-The game is in OUR house

-You lost a "First Round Worthy" quarterback that at this time last year, when you guys showed actual potential, was getting national hype

-This year, you have a running back and a weak passing attack. Easy to key in on.

-We won't keep running the same play this year if you sell out on it like in the Holiday bowl

-Nebraska has actual skill and speed players this year, and ones you have almost zero film on

-We're still a top ten team... in the country. UW is barely top ten in the Pac-12.

It is thanks to the numerous Husky fans who have your exact same attitude that Nebraska is going to come out like it's the conference championship game.

Huskies won't just limp our of lincoln, they'll crawl out. :box

In this game we have two 2-0 teams who have not looked as impressive as the fans would have liked. I am baffled how Washington fans seem to think that losing Locker is actually an upgrade... Kind of reminds me of how Iowa fans think (now THOUGHT after Iowa State) the same thing with Vandy over Stanzi... Mind boggling. The game being in Lincoln is actually not much of an advantage for us anymore. We seem to play a little sharper on the road as of late. Nebraska has not shown me anything yet that indicates that this won't be a 4 quarter brawl. I think some of us are expecting a repeat of the game in Seattle or the game we had against Missouri last year. I do not think this scnerio is all that likely. Our secondary is missing both Prince and Dennard and there have been some major busts in coverage. Also our LB play has been less than stellar other than David. I think we win another one in the same fashion that we beat Fresno State. The only way this one gets out of hand is if Washington has problems containing Martinez at full speed (he was nowhere near full speed in the bowl game) and if he gets Kinnie to make some catches. The same is true if Nebraska cannot limit Polk's big plays and has turnovers (Martinez carrying ball like a loaf of bread and INTs).

-We have motivation this time, thanks to people like you now thinking you have a chance

-You lost a "First Round Worthy" quarterback that at this time last year, when you guys showed actual potential, was getting national hype

-This year, you have a running back and a weak passing attack. Easy to key in on.

-We won't keep running the same play this year if you sell out on it like in the Holiday bowl

-Nebraska has actual skill and speed players this year, and ones you have almost zero film on

-We're still a top ten team... in the country. UW is barely top ten in the Pac-12.

It is thanks to the numerous Husky fans who have your exact same attitude that Nebraska is going to come out like it's the conference championship game.

In this game we have two 2-0 teams who have not looked as impressive as the fans would have liked. I am baffled how Washington fans seem to think that losing Locker is actually an upgrade... Kind of reminds me of how Iowa fans think (now THOUGHT after Iowa State) the same thing with Vandy over Stanzi... Mind boggling. The game being in Lincoln is actually not much of an advantage for us anymore. We seem to play a little sharper on the road as of late. Nebraska has not shown me anything yet that indicates that this won't be a 4 quarter brawl. I think some of us are expecting a repeat of the game in Seattle or the game we had against Missouri last year. I do not think this scnerio is all that likely. Our secondary is missing both Prince and Dennard and there have been some major busts in coverage. Also our LB play has been less than stellar other than David. I think we win another one in the same fashion that we beat Fresno State. The only way this one gets out of hand is if Washington has problems containing Martinez at full speed (he was nowhere near full speed in the bowl game) and if he gets Kinnie to make some catches. The same is true if Nebraska cannot limit Polk's big plays and has turnovers (Martinez carrying ball like a loaf of bread and INTs).

I agree with this assessment. What I find confusing is the false confidence Washington fans seem to have. They've done nothing but make it to a bowl game since Sark became coach. It's big improvement from their winless season but Nebraska is a top ten team for a reason. It's not smoke and mirrors. We have the talent to play with anyone.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Washington fans seem to be as foolish as Iowa, Missouri, Colorado, etc fans. We could've beaten Fresno by 50 and they would still be talking about how they will win.

It really isn't difficult to understand at all. Lockers strength was his athleticism. He was dangerous on his feet and opposing defenses always had to be accountable to that fact. He was NEVER passer. He played the wishbone in high school and that idiot Willingham basically used him as a running back. He made the occasional throw, and definitely had a cannon, but he was never really accurate or consistent.

Price, on the other hand, is less athletic but MUCH more efficient. He plays the QB position like a point guard, and understands how to use the weapons around him. The upgrade doesn't come just at the QB position, it comes with the entire offense because it no longer depends on one person. Price knows how to sling and distribute.

And Miamihurrcans2001, congrats on perhaps the single dumbest post I've read on any board. Locker was getting national hype before the season started, but that faded quickly. I find it hilarious that you equate media hype with actual productivity. You actually think our offense is going to be worse than last year, because of the hoopla that in the end proved to be ill-advised. That's logic at it's best boys and girls...

If you think we have a weak passing attack, then you're just ignorant to the facts, and probably should pull your head out before psoting. Our QB has one of the highest efficency ratings in the nation, and threw for over 300 yards last weak when Sark finally let him go. He is more accurate and maybe even reads the defenses better than Locker.

And LOL at you listing lack of game tape as a reason to be excited. Do you have hours of film on our QB or something? Do you have enough info to predict how he will react to certain situations or which covergaes will confuse him? LOL, sit down child.

It really isn't difficult to understand at all. Lockers strength was his athleticism. He was dangerous on his feet and opposing defenses always had to be accountable to that fact. He was NEVER passer. He played the wishbone in high school and that idiot Willingham basically used him as a running back. He made the occasional throw, and definitely had a cannon, but he was never really accurate or consistent.

Price, on the other hand, is less athletic but MUCH more efficient. He plays the QB position like a point guard, and understands how to use the weapons around him. The upgrade doesn't come just at the QB position, it comes with the entire offense because it no longer depends on one person. Price knows how to sling and distribute.

And Miamihurrcans2001, congrats on perhaps the single dumbest post I've read on any board. Locker was getting national hype before the season started, but that faded quickly. I find it hilarious that you equate media hype with actual productivity. You actually think our offense is going to be worse than last year, because of the hoopla that in the end proved to be ill-advised. That's logic at it's best boys and girls...

If you think we have a weak passing attack, then you're just ignorant to the facts, and probably should pull your head out before psoting. Our QB has one of the highest efficency ratings in the nation, and threw for over 300 yards last weak when Sark finally let him go. He is more accurate and maybe even reads the defenses better than Locker.

And LOL at you listing lack of game tape as a reason to be excited. Do you have hours of film on our QB or something? Do you have enough info to predict how he will react to certain situations or which covergaes will confuse him? LOL, sit down child.

Freudian slip at its finest, right there.

• Fire 1