washington

Contain Polk (snake's head), by WRAPPING HIM UP and not allowing 1-2 yard gains turn into 5 yrd - 1st down gains and we will win soundly. They will try PA to keep us off balance but the key is to slow their run game. I wouldn't want Price to get into a passing fest if I were a Husky fan.

Price's qb rating is 183. He can throw all day to a stable of receivers three deep. I think the one you don't want in a passing fest is Martinez if the huskies shut down nebraska's run game. By the way, the husky D is 7 in the country in run defense.

It's easy to have a highly rated run defense when the only two teams you've played so far almost never run the football.

And why would you tout Price's QB rating after games against Hawaii and Eastern Washington, when Nebraska made your first round draft pick Jake Locker look like he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn throwing the football. What was he, 4/20 and then 5/19?

I think this could be an interesting game, but it's amazing that some Washington fans are this confident. If Nebraska had looked like Washington did in the first two games of the year, 90% of the state would be on suicide watch.

Im going to go ahead and make my prediction. Washington 35 Nebraska 48. I think we have a slow game to start out the first quarter, we go into half time either tied or down. 3rd quarter we start seeing flashes of the offense and take the lead only to have Washington battle us out in an offensive dogfight in the 4th quarter. I think we out perform them on offense, too many good weapons on offense and with Beck making right decisions i think we seperate ourselves in the 4th for the win. Defense may look a little sloppy still, but it will be adequate enough keep Washington at bay. They will kill us through the air, putting up somewhere around 275 to 325 passing yds against us, but i think the Blackshirts will hold strong in Redzone defense to keep them out of the endzone.

I think that is probably not an unreasonable prediction.

Im going to go ahead and make my prediction. Washington 35 Nebraska 48. I think we have a slow game to start out the first quarter, we go into half time either tied or down. 3rd quarter we start seeing flashes of the offense and take the lead only to have Washington battle us out in an offensive dogfight in the 4th quarter. I think we out perform them on offense, too many good weapons on offense and with Beck making right decisions i think we seperate ourselves in the 4th for the win. Defense may look a little sloppy still, but it will be adequate enough keep Washington at bay. They will kill us through the air, putting up somewhere around 275 to 325 passing yds against us, but i think the Blackshirts will hold strong in Redzone defense to keep them out of the endzone.

Is this assuming Dennard doesn't play? If he plays, there is absolutely no way Bo gives up 35. Even if he doesn't play, this is still Bo Pelini's defense. He doesn't give up 35 points to ANYONE, let alone unranked foes in Lincoln. Last week was bad, but there were major busts by veteran players - including a handful from both David and Cassidy - those will most definitely be sured up before this Saturday. They may not be as dominant as last year, but I would hope they can be better than 35 to Washington at home.

Contain Polk (snake's head), by WRAPPING HIM UP and not allowing 1-2 yard gains turn into 5 yrd - 1st down gains and we will win soundly. They will try PA to keep us off balance but the key is to slow their run game. I wouldn't want Price to get into a passing fest if I were a Husky fan.

Price's qb rating is 183. He can throw all day to a stable of receivers three deep. I think the one you don't want in a passing fest is Martinez if the huskies shut down nebraska's run game. By the way, the husky D is 7 in the country in run defense.

I never did say that about Martinez, we all know that isn't his strong suit. I really don't take a whole lot of stock in a QB rating for 2 games against so so competition. I think for both teams its about balance, which I give Washington credit in the bowl game due to Polk being able to run. I'm more concerned about him than anything else. However, don't sleep on Martinez buring UW secondary deep a time or two for loading the box, because I'll know you'll sell out to stop Martinez. I'm just stating where I think Washington goes as Polk goes as does Martinez with NU.

Hold up sunshine.

Before you get all happy about your whole run D, ponder this. You've played two games, one against an FCS school that gave you much more than you bargained for, and your other game against Hawaii who throw the ball the majority of the time...

Is this assuming Dennard doesn't play? If he plays, there is absolutely no way Bo gives up 35. Even if he doesn't play, this is still Bo Pelini's defense. He doesn't give up 35 points to ANYONE, let alone unranked foes in Lincoln. Last week was bad, but there were major busts by veteran players - including a handful from both David and Cassidy - those will most definitely be sured up before this Saturday. They may not be as dominant as last year, but I would hope they can be better than 35 to Washington at home.

Its assuming Dennard doesn't play. If he does play, the score won't change too much, I'll knock it down to 28. Why? Its obvious that if Dennard does play, Washington won't throw his way, so his impact won't be as big as people might think.

Its a positive and negative thing if Dennard plays, the positive side is that Washington will more than likely run more than pass, and if they do pass Huskers should know which side the ball will go to, away from Dennard. The negative is Dennard won't see much action, so you can drop your expectations of Dennard having 2 or 3 interceptions in the Washington game if he plays. Washington knows Dennard and what he is capable of, they won't throw to his side very often.

Its assuming Dennard doesn't play. If he does play, the score won't change too much, I'll knock it down to 28. Why? Its obvious that if Dennard does play, Washington won't throw his way, so his impact won't be as big as people might think.

Its a positive and negative thing if Dennard plays, the positive side is that Washington will more than likely run more than pass, and if they do pass Huskers should know which side the ball will go to, away from Dennard. The negative is Dennard won't see much action, so you can drop your expectations of Dennard having 2 or 3 interceptions in the Washington game if he plays. Washington knows Dennard and what he is capable of, they won't throw to his side very often.

Dennard's impact has nothing to do with interceptions, although they are a nice bonus.

You are seriously looking at your national ranking in rush defense after 2 completely meaningless games? Are EWU and Hawaii even remotely good rushing offenses? Do you seriously think that 7 ranking is going to hold up after Saturday? What secondary that is even half way descent has Price picked apart?

Are EWU and Hawaii even remotely good rushing offenses?

Neither Hawaii nor Eastern Washington focus on running the ball. Over the past ten years Hawaii's highest Rushing Offense rank was #82, and that was in 2006. In the past five years their average rushing ranking is #105.

Eastern Washington is, of course, a D2 (D1AA) school. They do not put a heavy focus on running, either, with an average Rushing Offense rank of #61 in the past decade, with their best year coming in 2004, when they were 33rd - again, that was in D2. Over the past five years their average ranking is #67.

So no, neither team Washington "shut down" even really tries to run the ball.

I also remember everyone hating on me when I said we would have some struggles stopping the run this year. I don't look so dumb anymore do I?

I seem to remember quite a few people talking all summer long about concerns against the run, citing our inability to stop the run last year and a need to improve. You weren't alone in that concern, and you're not going to get a lot of people rushing over to pat you on the back, especially since I'm betting most nobody remembers the fact that YOU said we'd have trouble, since so many were saying this.

But having said all that, good job on your prediction. You rock. :thumbs