Official Taylor Martinez is a boss - thread

Enhance

He had a great second half, but we looked like we didn't want to be there in the first half. I would say Lavonte David get's player of the game he stripped the ball, and it completely changed the course of the game. Martinez did great don't get me wrong but he still looked young and scared almost. He was stopping before contact which allowed him to get LIT UP and making some VERY risky throws downfield. Thank god for him and Burkhead though!!!!!

He looked like a QB tonight. Going through his progressions, hanging in the pocket, etc. Hell of a game.

*And* he made throws downfield over 10+ yards, and against a Top 25 defense to boot.

Our ability to stretch the field is what will open up our running game and help our O-Line out. Otherwise, we're going to lose the numbers game time and again if we can't threaten beyond 10 yards.

I really like the way we adjusted some of the passing for this game.  If some of you guys missed it, we often dropped Burkhead into the middle of the field as an easy check down for Martinez if his first or second read didn't come through.  I think this REALLY helped Martinez gain confidence today.

There ya go. Not to bring up the past, but I criticized Watson for not putting Taylor in a position to succeed, and I was shocked when Beck imo did the same thing against Wisky. If your insight is correct, the scheme this week made it easier for him not to over-think and to put the ball in the hands of playmakers, including himself.

It was great to see taylor have a good performance against a legit defense. That OSU defense had speed, power, and was maybe of the ebst we have played so far this year. Now this game was at home, can Taylor keep improving and play that way in a hostile enviroment like Happy valley or The Big House? Saturday night was a step in the right direction.

I've had my share of the crow too. I really thought his defining moment was the TD pass to Rex. Not only did he not panic and immdiately take off running, he looked like he actually "felt" the pressure, kept his head up and looking, bought himself a little time and found his safety valve. That's really the first time I've seen "pocket presence" out of him and if that continues, look out. And isn't that a nice safety valve to have out there.

I saw TM for the first time able to hang in there under pressure and make a play. He no doubt grew up Saturday night and has finally shown he has the ability to be a big-game QB. I wasn't sure what to think before -- and wonder if BC would eventually catch up to him -- but it's clear now that BC is still being very raw and has a long climb to beat out TM. In the back of my mind, I kept trying to remind myself that he is still a sophomore and to be patient. Congrats TM!

I don't expect smooth sailing from Martinez from here on out. I think this was an important game for his development, but I don't expect massive improvement of the very real flaws we've seen the first five 1/2 games.

I'm expecting baby steps. I expect he'll have more games where we all just cringe and pull our hair out, but hopefully - hopefully! - as his career moves on they get fewer and farther between.

All due props to Taylor for the comeback, though. He was a key piece of the puzzle in bringing this team back, and he deserves a game ball. As does Rex, as does Lavonte.

• Fire 1

I don't expect smooth sailing from Martinez from here on out. I think this was an important game for his development, but I don't expect massive improvement of the very real flaws we've seen the first five 1/2 games.

I'm expecting baby steps. I expect he'll have more games where we all just cringe and pull our hair out, but hopefully - hopefully! - as his career moves on they get fewer and farther between.

All due props to Taylor for the comeback, though. He was a key piece of the puzzle in bringing this team back, and he deserves a game ball. As does Rex, as does Lavonte.

100% agree. There will still be issues and growing pains. But to me the single biggest factor was his willingness to dump the ball off. When you get Rex the ball out in that kind of space, more often than not, good things are going to happen. And it should be a big confidence booster for TM too.

As an addendum to the above post, I just noticed the background image on the ESPN All-American voting page.

Is this last year's Kansas game?

LINK

What's the point of photoshopping the words off the field when there is a clear Nebraska 'N' in the bottom right corner. -_-

Use a more generic picture next time, ESPN.