MarQueis Gray will play against Huskers

This is a concern. Here are his rushing numbers from game against Miami OH.

Rushing: M. Gray (MINN) - 25 CAR, 171 YDS

I think he will give us fits and it will look bad on National TV. Mark my words, this game will be no 2nd BYE week, it will be a close contest. I think Huskers still win but this will be the new Iowa State for Nebraska, a lose lose contest even if you win.

I'm going to say no. Have you seen Minnesota play? Here are the teams that they have lost to.

@U$C (19-17)

New Mexico State (28-21)

North Dakota State (37-24) ...they're not an FBS team

@Michigan (58-0)

@Purdue (45-17) ...the same Purdue team that lost to Rice

MarQueis Gray doesn't play defense either. This game should be over before half time...even with as mediocre as our defense has played thus far.

• Fire 1

First quarter, quarter and a half will be the "getting to know you" portion of the program, where they might score 7 or 10 points, and it'll look like it could be a ball game. Shortly after will come the death, hell, decomposition, portion of the program where they will be treated to once again, a good old fashioned, first class ass whooping.

Minnesota is... not good. Even with Gray, they're not going to win. We just need to put some points on the board early and bury them, and don't give them a chance to hang around. These are their NCAA ranks halfway through the season. Not a single major offensive or defensive rank in the top half of the country. That's bad.

Category - Rank

Rushing Offense - 65

Passing Offense - 110

Total Offense - 110

Scoring Offense - 109

Rushing Defense - 77

Pass Efficiency Defense - 110

Total Defense - 91

Scoring Defense - 110

Net Punting - 35

Punt Returns - 33

Kickoff Returns - 37

Turnover Margin - 104

Pass Defense - 91

Passing Efficiency - 112

Sacks - T-112

Tackles For Loss - 79

Sacks Allowed - 82

And to further drive the point home, these rankings were earned against the #68 SOS in the country. It's not like they've played a tough schedule.

This is a concern. Here are his rushing numbers from game against Miami OH.

Rushing: M. Gray (MINN) - 25 CAR, 171 YDS

I think he will give us fits and it will look bad on National TV. Mark my words, this game will be no 2nd BYE week, it will be a close contest. I think Huskers still win but this will be the new Iowa State for Nebraska, a lose lose contest even if you win.

I'm finding it really hard to concentrate on your thread about the declining fish population in Southeast Asia. Please eliminate some of your pictures so I can work hard on focusing on your topic about the Belgian space program. Wait, what were you talking about?

• Fire 1

As stated in the first post, I think Nebraska will win this one. I just have a feeling it is going to be a lot closer than people think. I just think its a classic Iowa State game, you should kill (no pun intended) them but some how it ends up being a fourth quarter game. I hope I'm wrong for sure. Anyone remember South Dakota State last year or how we were going to roll a horrible OSU team who couldn't score at home?

As stated in the first post, I think Nebraska will win this one. I just have a feeling it is going to be a lot closer than people think. I just think its a classic Iowa State game, you should kill (no pun intended) them but some how it ends up being a fourth quarter game. I hope I'm wrong for sure. Anyone remember South Dakota State last year or how we were going to roll a horrible OSU team who couldn't score at home?

Minnesota alreasy lost to an FBS team this year, and they are not on the same level as ISU. Trust me, this will be a blowout.

While optimistic this will be a rout I am cautious until I see that our defense can communicate and execute a play with 11 guys all in position and maybe one or two guys besides David making hard tackles and going above and beyond. Without a defense anyone can score and when that happens you let people feed on hope. We need Blackshirts to show up and dismantle someone before I get too excited about possible blowouts.

• Fire 1

I'm going to say no. Have you seen Minnesota play? Here are the teams that they have lost to.

@U$C (19-17)

New Mexico State (28-21)

North Dakota State (37-24) ...they're not an FBS team

@Michigan (58-0)

@Purdue (45-17) ...the same Purdue team that lost to Rice

MarQueis Gray doesn't play defense either. This game should be over before half time...even with as mediocre as our defense has played thus far.

THAT

Minnesota is... not good. Even with Gray, they're not going to win. We just need to put some points on the board early and bury them, and don't give them a chance to hang around. These are their NCAA ranks halfway through the season. Not a single major offensive or defensive rank in the top half of the country. That's bad.

Category - Rank

Rushing Offense - 65

Passing Offense - 110

Total Offense - 110

Scoring Offense - 109

Rushing Defense - 77

Pass Efficiency Defense - 110

Total Defense - 91

Scoring Defense - 110

Net Punting - 35

Punt Returns - 33

Kickoff Returns - 37

Turnover Margin - 104

Pass Defense - 91

Passing Efficiency - 112

Sacks - T-112

Tackles For Loss - 79

Sacks Allowed - 82

And to further drive the point home, these rankings were earned against the #68 SOS in the country. It's not like they've played a tough schedule.

No one is disputing that Minnesota is bad this year, I think.

If anything, I think there's valid concern that we have a defense this year that can make a bad offense (see tOSU) look competent.

And I wouldn't be shocked to see another 84-point affair break out--our offense is getting really great, despite there being a few pieces (read: how to get the ball to our talented WRs more) to work out.

The question is how many will Minnesota be able to hang on us--10...20...50?