Is there a path to the national title . . .

I understand the odds of what would have to happen, but there is no way you can sit there and say there is no possible way. There is a STL Cardinals team that would be able to say otherwise. There is not a single person that honestly thought the Cards would even make the playoffs, not only did they do that, but they beat the two best teams in the NL and a Rangers team with arguably the best lineup in baseball who was in the championship last year. Who says there is now way Nebraska can get there? Yeah, there is a lot of stuff that would have to happen that Nebraska has no way of controlling and there is not playoff system, but there is still a possibility.

I agree 100% with this statement. I personally want Nebraska to play the best teams we possibly can. Anything can happen in a football game. That's why you play the game.

Even if we lose, you need to play the best teams to make yourself better.

There is no path that has any chance greater than me hitting the next 3 powerball jackpots in a row. We play our first decent game of the year against an obviously poor outing by MSU in week 8 and this is what it leads to? Beam me up Scotty.

Northwestern, Penn State, Michigan, & Iowa. CCG in Indy is "possible".

Rose Bowl after Indy, possible but getting more unlikely.

Another BCS bowl highly doubtful.

The NCG- no f'n way.

I don't want to be Debbie Downer but I do not even want to see us in the NCG this season. The last thing we need is nationwide embarrassment that could set us back years on our rise from the ashes. Rose Bowl is the only pinnacle we have any business dreaming about this year.

You're being Debbie Downer.

There is no path that has any chance greater than me hitting the next 3 powerball jackpots in a row. We play our first decent game of the year against an obviously poor outing by MSU in week 8 and this is what it leads to? Beam me up Scotty.

Northwestern, Penn State, Michigan, & Iowa. CCG in Indy is "possible".

Rose Bowl after Indy, possible but getting more unlikely.

Another BCS bowl highly doubtful.

The NCG- no f'n way.

I don't want to be Debbie Downer but I do not even want to see us in the NCG this season. The last thing we need is nationwide embarrassment that could set us back years on our rise from the ashes. Rose Bowl is the only pinnacle we have any business dreaming about this year.

How so? We did something on Saturday or other teams did something on Saturday to make you think otherwise?

Before yesterday, I had absolutely no thought of us playing for the national championship. Heck, I had serious reservations about us finishing in the top 3 of the Legends Division. I woke up this morning, drank 2 liters of Kool-Aid and began wondering if there is a path to the National Championship. If the team that played yesterday shows up for the rest of the season, we have a shot at beating anybody. Having said that, here is what must happen for us to get up to #2 (please keep in mind that this is a dream, so just go with me on this:

1. Alabama must win out. Their remaining schedule beyond LSU is too weak (Georgia Southern in two weeks. Really?).

2. LSU must lose to Bama and Arkansas. Possible, even if not likely.

3. Stanford must lose to Oregon and Notre Dame.

4. Oklahoma State. Must lose to K-State and Oklahoma.

5. Boise State. Must lose to San Diego State or TCU.

6. Oregon. Must lose to USC.

7. Oklahoma. Must lose to Texas A&M (Remember, no conference title game).

8. Arkansas. Must lose to Tennessee or Georgia.

This path is virtually impossible, but it is a list of the dominoes that must fall into place for us to get to the NC game. Oh yeah, we also have to beat Penn State and Michigan on the road, then win a rematch with Wisconsin. Other than that, I'm thinking national championship, baby!

I can't believe this is an actual topic. You're kidding, right?

Before yesterday, I had absolutely no thought of us playing for the national championship. Heck, I had serious reservations about us finishing in the top 3 of the Legends Division. I woke up this morning, drank 2 liters of Kool-Aid and began wondering if there is a path to the National Championship. If the team that played yesterday shows up for the rest of the season, we have a shot at beating anybody. Having said that, here is what must happen for us to get up to #2 (please keep in mind that this is a dream, so just go with me on this:

1. Alabama must win out. Their remaining schedule beyond LSU is too weak (Georgia Southern in two weeks. Really?).

2. LSU must lose to Bama and Arkansas. Possible, even if not likely.

3. Stanford must lose to Oregon and Notre Dame.

4. Oklahoma State. Must lose to K-State and Oklahoma.

5. Boise State. Must lose to San Diego State or TCU.

6. Oregon. Must lose to USC.

7. Oklahoma. Must lose to Texas A&M (Remember, no conference title game).

8. Arkansas. Must lose to Tennessee or Georgia.

This path is virtually impossible, but it is a list of the dominoes that must fall into place for us to get to the NC game. Oh yeah, we also have to beat Penn State and Michigan on the road, then win a rematch with Wisconsin. Other than that, I'm thinking national championship, baby!

Okay, start another topic and we'll bash your points in there. It's unbelievable to me that some of you jump on the guy when he made it clear he was doing this just for fun. I think some of you would rather have ZERO threads with anything to talk about then "fun" threads like this. If you don't like the topic don't click on it and respond. Pretty simple............

• Fire 3

Not only did he say, and I quote, "this is a dream", but there is absolutely nothing in that post that makes me think he truly believes this is going to happen. Relax a little broski.

I'd say he's just having fun and we should all try and do the same. We are on the internet talking about football, after all. In the grand scheme of things, this is extremely unimportant, but it's meant to be enjoyable. Enjoy it! The season will be over before you know it.