Bo Pelini's Quarterback Graveyard - 2014 Edition

Landlord

I don't know if the caliber of QB is very important to me. O'Toole made some nice throws, but the D' came back and buried him, decisively. By the end of the game he was getting happy feet to go with his three interceptions.

I'm not sure where they buried him, but it's probably similar to where they've buried a lot of QBs before him.

I personally think we need to make a list of everyone who is already voted in, their stats, when we played them, and if it was a win or a loss.

Then start a new argument underneath that. One part of this thread that I liked was the fact I could see who was on it. Now it's just a bunch of arguments.

Please do this so we can see where it come from and where it's headed. And no, I'd don't think any QB we've played so far this year belongs in here.

I personally think we need to make a list of everyone who is already voted in, their stats, when we played them, and if it was a win or a loss.

Then start a new argument underneath that. One part of this thread that I liked was the fact I could see who was on it. Now it's just a bunch of arguments.

Please do this so we can see where it come from and where it's headed. And no, I'd don't think any QB we've played so far this year belongs in here.

Dude. Check the first post of the thread... I edit it every time someone gets added.

Okay guys, sure it was a loss. But does Conner Cook go into the graveyard? On the season avg (before last night) Cook completed 69% of his passes for 210 yds per game, and just over 2 passing TDs and 0.5 picks per game,

Versus NU:

passing: 11/29 (38%) 1 pick and 1 TD. 234 yds. Eight passing first downs.

one rush for -6 yards.

Sure, the 234 yards passing is decent. But 11/29 with a pick. I'm thinking Conner Cook goes into the graveyard.

(Unfortunately, it looks like Tommy goes into Dantonio's graveyard as well.)

• Fire 1

I had the same thought. This was an incredible Michigan State offense.

They did score 27 points, however, and despite the low percentage averaged over 8 yards per attempt.

Probably a B+ effort out of our D, but maybe not quite enough for graveyard territory unless the yardage had been lower. He also didn't face too much pressure, or maybe that was just in comparison.

Connor Cook:

2013 B1G CCG - 24-40, 60%, 304 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT - B1G Champion, MVP vs. then #2 and undefeated tOSU

2014 Rose Bowl - 22-36, 61%, 332 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT - Rose Bowl Champion vs. Pac-12 Champion Stanford

10/4/14 vs. NU - 11-29, 38%, 234 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

In he goes.

• Fire 3

Connor Cook:

2013 B1G CCG - 24-40, 60%, 304 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT - B1G Champion, MVP vs. then #2 and undefeated tOSU

2014 Rose Bowl - 22-36, 61%, 332 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT - Rose Bowl Champion vs. Pac-12 Champion Stanford

10/4/14 vs. NU - 11-29, 38%, 234 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

In he goes.

doesn't seem right to put a guy in a qb graveyard that walked out the winner
  • Fire 3