The Walking Dead

That was sort of a boring one. Did her friend die?

Who? Her girlfriend? Yes, she got shot in the eye, if you don't recall.

No, I mean the guy she was in the RV with, sorry!

Ohhh... I don't think we found out yet.

That was a lady who had the black dreadlocks on the bridge. (zombie)

I think he is off somewhere perhaps captured or heading to the hilltop? Would seem boring if he was just back at Alexandria or on his way there.

I feel like that's being awfully generous. I'm sorry but I thought that episode was trash. Easily the worst of the season. Why should I give 2 sh#ts about Tara or Heath all of sudden? They aren't even good characters and now they're trying to give them a story line? We don't need 100 different story lines and new one every other episode

I feel like that's being awfully generous. I'm sorry but I thought that episode was trash. Easily the worst of the season. Why should I give 2 sh#ts about Tara or Heath all of sudden? They aren't even good characters and now they're trying to give them a story line? We don't need 100 different story lines and new one every other episode

Yeah, I might have been being nice.

I honestly didn't even remember those two were on the show.

I think it's a major one, considering they have a ton of ammo and guns...

Yeah, I might have been being nice.

I honestly didn't even remember those two were on the show.

Haha yea I'd forgotten all about them too

I liked it. It's setting up the upcoming war. Rick's group can't take out the Saviors. Now we are finding all these other factions that will team up to take them out. The Kingdom, the Hilltop, Oceanside. These 4 groups, the resources they collectively have will create a massive war against Negan and the Saviors. Sounds like they hinted at one more (PPP) with Heath being saved (kidnapped?) by them.

First half of the season building up the factions that will join forces, second half them starting to come together with a season finale war with all them attempting to destroy the Saviors.

Usually I argue against this rationale, but the plot progression/world building that was accomplished in this episode could have been very effectively done in 1/3 the time, and that's all this episode was ultimately good for. Honestly, who's idea was it to take yet another timeout from the Negan story, and 5-6 episodes and almost an entire calendar year later, revisit two B or C characters and try to make us emotionally register with the fact that one of them had her girlfriend die ages ago.

Usually I argue against this rationale, but the plot progression/world building that was accomplished in this episode could have been very effectively done in 1/3 the time, and that's all this episode was ultimately good for. Honestly, who's idea was it to take yet another timeout from the Negan story, and 5-6 episodes and almost an entire calendar year later, revisit two B or C characters and try to make us emotionally register with the fact that one of them had her girlfriend die ages ago.

Totally agree!

It didn't need to be an hour long episode.

That said, I enjoyed it, like Alanna Masterdon though. The new community won't be super important in the end, I actually expect them to just join one of the others. It was a slower episode and I'm okay with that, this season has been pretty great overall thus far.

With only a couple left I'm pretty stoked to see how the mid finale ends, I have an idea.

This season has been the most empty thus far since seasons 2/3. The first episode was incredible, and the next few have had interesting moments, but what has actually happened as far as storyline progression?

Negan killed some people, then Negan showed up to take some stuff, while three other communities have had interaction with various people from Rick's group. That's it. 6 episodes in, and we've made it through like...a few days of in-world time.

These are the same pacing issues that have been apart of the show since Darabont was fired during season 2. Nothing remotely new here.

Morgan has found an strong ally in the Kingdom. Maggie has been put at the top of Jesus's short list for leader of the Hilltop. Carl & Jesus are going find out where the Sanctuary is. Tara has located a huge cache of guns. Daryl is getting intel on the Saviors.

All of which could have been covered in 1 or 2 episodes.

TWD has definitely been plagued by pacing issues throughout it's run, but I thought they had made a lot of progress in that regard over the last two seasons. This is the worst it's been from my perspective - probably because of all of the full episode jumping around. By the time we get back to certain characters I've completely forgotten where we left them.