Sad day for the B1G and Penn State, AD, Ex-football coach and more arrest warrants!!!

I don't understand why folks are throwing Paterno under the bus. No one has said Paterno was involved. No witnesses have said he was involved.

Sandusky was the guy doing the abusing over the past 15 years. Curley and Schultz are being charged with covering it up and not going to the police.

The only black stain i can see on Paterno is when a grad assistant and his father came to him and reported what they saw Sandusky doing, and Joe reported it to Curley. Which Curley is saying that Paterno never told him. But apparently the grand jury believe his is lying about that.

Apparently Sandusky has been under investigation for the abuse since 2008, but this is when he was officially charged.

Paterno is responsible because after he notified his superior and it was clear it was being swept under the rug, he let it lie rather than press the matter or go to the police himself. Everyone in the chain of command had the obligation to make sure the law got involved, and everyone in the chain of command abdicated their moral and legal responsibility to do so.

Paterno was responsible because Its not the 1960's anymore, its 2011. Last week defending Grambling Coach for playing black kids, but he can't follow up on a 10 year old bou getting raped??? How could the grad assistant continue to work there for three years after seeing it, with sandusky still having a office there? What do they have a MAMBLA group on campus? Knapp, The university officials lawyers are already going to defend the two arrested by saying the statue of limitations had run out. Does anyone have any honor anymore? I bet that limitation law gets changed by the end of the year! This is going to get more disgusting as it goes and I think more people will get implicated along with sandusky. God help those boys!steammad.gif

Part of Paterno's statement:

''If true, the nature and amount of charges made are very shocking to me and all Penn Staters,'' he said. ''While I did what I was supposed to with the one charge brought to my attention, like anyone else involved I can't help but be deeply saddened these matters are alleged to have occurred.''

This just doesn't fly for me. What does he mean "If true". This didn't happen yesterday he found out about this years ago from the grad assistant. The same Grad assistant that had to sleep on it before he told Joe Paterno has been at Penn State since. I wonder what kind of salaries and promotions has Mike McQueary benefited from for his silence in this investigation.

This thing stinks from the Grad Assistant to The President of the college. For all the people attempting to give credit to Mike McQueary they can stop it he has known and been in the program since. Penn State basically told this coach you can molest whoever you want just not on campus.

Sandusky is married and has six adopted children are you freaking kidding me.

A few issues I gleaned from 1620 today

Sandusky was in line to be the heir apparent to Paterno when he stepped down as the D Coordinator. The CAMPUS POLICE had done an investigation because there were whispers. Paterno had to know there was something shady going on with his heir apparent forced out.

The GA should have stepped in and stopped it at that point. Who knows how many others have been abused after THAT POINT.

Sandusky was on campus using the weight room within the last couple weeks!!! That is inexcusable!!! He still has access to the campus????/

Sandusky was in line to be the heir apparent to Paterno when he stepped down as the D Coordinator. The CAMPUS POLICE had done an investigation because there were whispers. Paterno had to know there was something shady going on with his heir apparent forced out.

The GA should have stepped in and stopped it at that point. Who knows how many others have been abused after THAT POINT.

Sandusky was on campus using the weight room within the last couple weeks!!! That is inexcusable!!! He still has access to the campus????/

Yeah this is crazy - To be fair Penn State quickly banned Sandusky from campus yesterday. After this thing really picked up.

At least Paterno tried to do the right thing by telling someone higher up.

No, doing the right thing would have resulted in him calling the police. Now Paterno and everyone else with knowledge of the alleged crime should be sent to prison for life. If this is true it is very sickening!

Also, if this happened in the 1990's then the alleged victims should be able to testify by now since they would be old enough.

If this would have happened to Paterno's grandchildren, I bet he never would have contacted any higher-up.....he would have contacted law enforcement immediately.......will this scandal be JoPa's legacy ????

• Fire 1

You know....

I really hope that the folk at Penn St have really enjoyed the past, oh, decade of this little charade that has become the JoePa era. He gets to dodder around and waggle his cane at pep rallies, powernap so the cameras dont catch him nodding off on the sideline, and if all of the little plans that all his assistants work to plan, he gets another win to tack onto his legacy. This hasn't been a program run by him for years. And a perverted ex-coach (most of the accusations happened after his retirement) with unlimited access to some pretty nice facilities got rape little kids there. You can't tell me that if there was a coach who actaully had some autonomy that this would have happened on Penn St grounds. Would Sandusky still have tried to take advantage of kids? Almost assuredly, but he would have had to have done it somewhere that was a lot less protected than an empty 15,000 square foot locker room.

Couple that fact with the one that this GA who saw one of the incidents is the current WR coach. There's probably no evidence of favors being pulled there, but how bad does it look when a GA sees a rape in the shower, half-ass reports it, and gets a higher coaching job a few years down the road? And that's all I'm going to see when I look at Penn St football anymore, just a long line of cronyism, nepotism and cover-ups. A false legacy of integrity that has been falsely propped up by secrets and a complicit small-town police force.

And I can only imagine how its going in Happy Valley. If I were a Pennsylvania taxpayer or a PSU alum ( I am neither) I would be demanding more heads to roll than there are currently.

• Fire 3

And I can only imagine how its going in Happy Valley. If I were a Pennsylvania taxpayer or a PSU alum ( I am neither) I would be demanding more heads to roll than there are currently.

The Penn State student newspaper will probably win some sort of award for their special edition that came out today. The response from residents of Happy Valley: stealing all the copies in newsstands - as if that's going to stop the fire from spreading.

Yeah this is crazy - To be fair Penn State quickly banned Sandusky from campus yesterday. After this thing really picked up.

To be fair Penn State quickly banned Sandusky from campus yesterday............????

Ahhh.......................waaaaaay too little........................waaaaaaaay too late..............

I have no desire to see JoPa lose his legacy but the fact remains that he didn't act or respond the way he NEEDED to............

Can you really believe ANY other coach would be getting the benefit of the doubt for something so hideous..??

http://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state-scandal-paterno-speak-tomorrow/story?id=14894985#.TriB1LIf6Ht

He is going to appear tomorrow at his regular press conference. He might need to hire PBO's WH press secretary for this one. I can imagine the room will be a little more packed than usual tomorrow. The sandblasters will come on Joe Pa. I have to give credit to the media, the weekend guys must have been inept because this thing has blown up big today! It was Google's top story almost all day. I wouldn't be surprised if he resigns. I feel more stuff will come out eventually, books will be written, talk show rounds and the whole 9 yards. Which is sad, I pray to God that one of these boys has been healed and has the courage to come out and speak about who and what happened, this stuff breaks a man's heart and gives him rage all at once.

From Penn State....

To state pen.

The whole telecast with Joe P, etc. is going to feel very very very ..... weird on Saturday. I mean has there ever been a bigger bombshell in the history of college football? Makes SMU, OSU and USC look like kids fighting in kindergarten. This is the biggest most unbelievable story ever in CF - and to think Joe Pa was on the sidelines the whole time.

Color me mortified about this situation. I honestly just can't believe it. It's almost as shocking as if it were Tom Osborne being accused. Joe Paterno...sure fire hall of famer...

The entire situation is sickening. Everybody basically told the "next person up" in the chain of command. Nobody - not one...freakin...person - went to the authorities. How????

This is probably the biggest sports story since OJ. No hyperbole.

somewhat glad that this deflects from the garbage(that was self inflicted) at my school but listening to the fans and the students of PSU depresses me.

I can't stand their fanbase. CAN'T STAND THEM. But I am behind their fans and alumni 100% on this. They were deceived and lied to. No fanbase deserves this. Hope they can pull through this embarrassment.

That's the worst part woody, imho.

It's the players...the fans...the innocent supporters of Penn State that now have to watch their beloved university get torn down by national media and anybody with a voice and means of expressing that voice. I'm not saying some choice people don't deserve it, because they absolutely most-certainly do. This situation is horrible. But the people who just love Penn State or play for Penn State are also victims in this, just not to the same extent.

That's the worst part woody, imho.

It's the players...the fans...the innocent supporters of Penn State that now have to watch their beloved university get torn down by national media and anybody with a voice and means of expressing that voice. I'm not saying some choice people don't deserve it, because they absolutely most-certainly do. This situation is horrible. But the people who just love Penn State or play for Penn State are also victims in this, just not to the same extent.

I can't believe that we are even discussing in this context. The only thing that matters is the victims of Sandusky. Penn State basically told him in 2002 that it's okay if you rape kids as long as it's not on the "main" campus. Who really gives a sh#t that their fans are embarrassed?