Bo Should go.

Are some of you fairweather fans really calling for Bo's head just cause he lost to Northwestern? GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK! Even the greatest coaches ever have lost games to teams you'd think they would just roll over. The Wildcats are going to be a thorn in our sides just like the other Wildcats of K-State use to be.

Glad you "Bo's gotta go" are'nt the Athletic director! Who do you want ! Urban Meyer said no once, he would probably say NO again. Bo will be fine.

I think he deserves 2 more years, but I would like to know what your assumption that "Bo will be fine" is based on? And I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything like that. I would legitimately like to know what you have seen so far that makes you think this.

Maybe the fact that he has shown improvement almost every year barring last year which was basically a repeat of the previous, with some questionable games seemingly outside of his control. Or how about the fact that his team is basically starting fresh this year with a new offensive scheme/coordinator, WR coach, and basically a new RB coach, and the defense is replacing two standout DB along with their coach, a new LB coach and again essentially a new D line coach. So basically if you look at the D you could easily argue that everyone is trying to find their groove and get things to mesh, players and coaches alike. Like someone before mention they still have a chance to go 12-2, 11-2, or 10-3 and that is an improvement over last year. As long as he shows improvement every year I have no problem with Bo, and a few 9 or 10 win regular seasons are to be expected in any AQ conference. The competition is that good from just above the bottom to the top. Every program/coach has it's ups and down look at Texas/Brown, Oklahoma/Stoops, LSU/Miles hell I can remember in 2009 and even last year to some extent most fans wanted Les gone but now he has them on the cusp of another title. Everything is cyclical all we need is a little time.

I think any calls for Bo Pelini to be fired are debatable at this point. However, in year 4 of a coach who represents our program poorly, seems to resent the fans, doesn't emphasize recruiting, and consistently has undisciplined/sloppy teams, I've reached the point where I really don't care if he leaves. He's not offering anything that can't be replaced. In fact, he seems to think he is some sort of legendary coach and that Nebraska fans should just accept whatever product he slops together. That attitude hurts our program.

Tom Osborne needs to evaluate how Bo's doing things closely in both coaching and recruiting. We should find a discrete way to dump Carl Pelini and anyone else who isn't carrying their weight (and salary). Finally, clear standards should be placed on how Bo and staff are to interact with media and fans. No more ditching press conferences (cough...Carl...cough) or childish behavior in front of the media (or on national television).

It's year 4 of Bo Pelini, there are cracks in our recruiting, our teams are undisciplined, and we have yet to field a competent offense and defense in the same year. I'd like Bo to stay, revamp his staff, represent our program well, and ultimately be a successful head coach. However, if he wants to leave no one should lose any sleep over it. In fact, his arrogant belief that he's beyond criticism has made him sloppy and is holding our program back.

Someone needs to remind Bo Pelini that he is an employee here, not a spoiled monarch. He must be accountable. Tom needs to take a serious look at the state of the program. Period.

Glad you "Bo's gotta go" are'nt the Athletic director! Who do you want ! Urban Meyer said no once, he would probably say NO again. Bo will be fine.

I think he deserves 2 more years, but I would like to know what your assumption that "Bo will be fine" is based on? And I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything like that. I would legitimately like to know what you have seen so far that makes you think this.

Maybe the fact that he has shown improvement almost every year barring last year which was basically a repeat of the previous, with some questionable games seemingly outside of his control. Or how about the fact that his team is basically starting fresh this year with a new offensive scheme/coordinator, WR coach, and basically a new RB coach, and the defense is replacing two standout DB along with their coach, a new LB coach and again essentially a new D line coach. So basically if you look at the D you could easily argue that everyone is trying to find their groove and get things to mesh, players and coaches alike. Like someone before mention they still have a chance to go 12-2, 11-2, or 10-3 and that is an improvement over last year. As long as he shows improvement every year I have no problem with Bo, and a few 9 or 10 win regular seasons are to be expected in any AQ conference. The competition is that good from just above the bottom to the top. Every program/coach has it's ups and down look at Texas/Brown, Oklahoma/Stoops, LSU/Miles hell I can remember in 2009 and even last year to some extent most fans wanted Les gone but now he has them on the cusp of another title. Everything is cyclical all we need is a little time.

Exactly! Great post.

Personally, I think the only big mistake Bo has made since he's been head coach is retaining Watson. Watson always seemed to do just enough to hang onto his job. We finally got rid of him, but it's quite clear to me that if we had gotten a better coach and staff in place earlier that our offense would be better. Instead, because of all we lost and the coaching changes we made on defense, coupled with the new coaches and inexperience on offense, we've essentially taken a step back.

I think this team needs time to get better because of this. Yes, "there's always next year" gets old, but to some extent I believe it holds credence after all the changes the last nine months. If the team is being consistent and always on the cusp of having great years, I'm not going to be overtly upset about it. We were spoiled here - no question about it. But we gave Osborne 22 years to win a title. In today's game, I don't think any coach at Nebraska will be given that kind of leeway, but I think Bo deserves it given his age. What we have now is far better than anything we had from 2002-2007.

Are some of you fairweather fans really calling for Bo's head just cause he lost to Northwestern? GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK! Even the greatest coaches ever have lost games to teams you'd think they would just roll over. The Wildcats are going to be a thorn in our sides just like the other Wildcats of K-State use to be.

WTF?

TO went 25-0 aganst KjSU.

Oh wait, Solich and Cally didn't. Is that what you're getting at?

It is probably the beer with me as well, but with Urban Meyer out there, it would'nt hurt to contact the guy and seek his interest in the position...this one was a fireable loss. C'MON MAN!

Classic...............when SP fired Frank, Urban was all the rage back then as well and could have had his pick of jobs (and did!). But when publicly asked about Nebraska............he said........"Why would I won't to go to a place that fires a 10-3 coach"?

Sadly, not much has changed from that point on. Until we start becoming relevant on a national scale ( rather than the butt of jokes by the espn lackeys), we won't be an attractive destination job of the "name" coaches.

And, we don't need to be in the market for one. We just need our current staff to be a little less stubborn and our fans to recognize that it's not the 80's and 90's any longer. We are not the alpha dog all alone out there.

I know people don't want to hear about parity, etc. but the fact is that the Big 10 swims in it. And, while I detest the unnecessary losses like yesterday, it DOES make every week infinitely more interesting.

We are not going to fire Bo, so lets move along to Penn St and see if we can find some D-linemen who can physically measure up. :boxosoap

• Fire 1

Here is some chili for you T.O. :) This is great stuff:) When I think of the stupid callahan days..I appreciate Bo alot and appreciate how far we have come:) Get over it and move on..sigh.

Chili:

1 Pkg. Hamburger-Large

1 Pkg. Farmer John’s Hot Sausage

1 Pkg. Farmer John’s Hot Sausage Links-Sliced-(Eyeball It)

Onions & Garlic, Chopped To Taste

Celery, Sliced Into Small Chunks-Eyeball It

1 Pkg. Sliced Fresh Mushrooms

Chili Powder, To Taste

Garlic Powder, To Taste-I Throw Some In & Do It Two More Times

Salt Or Garlic Salt & Pepper, To Taste

Green Pepper, Cut In Small Pieces-Eyeball It

Pkg. Or 2 Of Chili Seasoning, To Taste

2-(14-1/2-oz.) Cans Del Monte Tomatoes With Zesty Mild Green Chiles

1-(28-oz.) Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes

1-(30-oz.) Can Hunts Chili Beans-(Or Whatever Is The Cheapest)

Fry hamburger and sausage together; drain.

Put hamburger/sausage/sliced hot links and the rest of the ingredients in Crockpot; stir until is well combined.

***Cover the top of the chili with chili powder, stir it again and cover the top of the chili again with chili powder.

Cook on low all day.

Put chili in bowl and cover top with Shredded Cheddar Cheese and crackers.

The only thing that will fix a program struggling to get back to prominence like ours is keeping the head coach. You want results after 4 years? Even TO couldn't win championships that fast. It took him decades to build the program to what it was in the mid-90s, and with how college football has changed today, there will probably never be another run like that ever again.

If you want permanent instability, keep firing the head coach every 4 years.

WE HAVE A GREAT COACH!! IDC what anyone else thinks, Bo is the man, he puts people in positions to succeed, and we WILL win championships with him as our coach.

Been a lurker long time, made an account, but don't post. This topic is making me:

This is absurd. No one would be the HC at Nebraska if we fire Bo. He can still do 10-3, or even 11-2 or 12-2! Calm down. Remember 5-7 twice within a 4 year period?

Any given saturday, any team can win, and it's the same in the SEC. You don't see call's for those HC's head when Ole Miss pulls out the fluke...

Calm down folks, it's our first year in a new conference playing new schemes week in and week out. Losing sucks, but we're not getting blown out by KU or Texas Tech.

This. And we are young.