Bo Should go.

Some of you are ridiculous. Bo is a great coach. I would love to see some of your winning percentages at your pathetic workplaces and then talk about it on this board.

You are assuming people in this board HAVE A JOB... that's a leap of faith right there.

YAWN

Only the unemployed or people that have crappy jobs complain about Bo Pelini. :confucius:leghump::ahhhhhhhh

Some of you are ridiculous. Bo is a great coach. I would love to see some of your winning percentages at your pathetic workplaces and then talk about it on this board.

You are assuming people in this board HAVE A JOB... that's a leap of faith right there.

Nobody here is getting paid over 3 Million a year to lose at home to lesser opponents at least once a year.

What is funny to me is that a chunk of people bought into the media hype that this team was going to be great. Don't get me wrong, the loss yesterday pisses me off, but calling for Bo's head is just plain childish and stupid. It is also funny how people jump on and off the bandwagon...last week he was a complete genius and could do no wrong. This week...FIRE HIM NOW, he is a dumbass, he is an a-hole who should be on a short leash, etc.

I cannot believe people think 9-10 wins is mediocre...I can think of a lot of teams who would love to be in that position. To think this team had a chance at the NC is complete foolishness. They have been overrated since the preseason rankings....

Pelini thus far has proven to be:

1) a horrid recruiter

2) terrible at motivating unless employing "us vs. the world" mentality

3) His teams are terribly coached- mental mistakes are a staple for his teams

4) Unable to hire anyone he isn't buddies with to fix mistakes

5) Too eager to overstep his role and micromanage other coaches

6) Petty in dealing with players and playing time

7) Playing favorites in order to get "his guys" on the field over more worthy players.

If you can look past all this and put up with his demeanor and messing with NU traditions, then by all means, support him. But I'm losing faith in this staff.

:facepalm:

Are some of you fairweather fans really calling for Bo's head just cause he lost to Northwestern? GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK! Even the greatest coaches ever have lost games to teams you'd think they would just roll over. The Wildcats are going to be a thorn in our sides just like the other Wildcats of K-State use to be.

WTF?

TO went 25-0 aganst KjSU.

Oh wait, Solich and Cally didn't. Is that what you're getting at?

In a way yes. TO left just as KSU was starting to have there good run giving Solich and Cally fits. Besides Northwestern is not as much as a pushover as many think.

I think any calls for Bo Pelini to be fired are debatable at this point. However, in year 4 of a coach who represents our program poorly, seems to resent the fans, doesn't emphasize recruiting, and consistently has undisciplined/sloppy teams, I've reached the point where I really don't care if he leaves. He's not offering anything that can't be replaced. In fact, he seems to think he is some sort of legendary coach and that Nebraska fans should just accept whatever product he slops together. That attitude hurts our program.

Tom Osborne needs to evaluate how Bo's doing things closely in both coaching and recruiting. We should find a discrete way to dump Carl Pelini and anyone else who isn't carrying their weight (and salary). Finally, clear standards should be placed on how Bo and staff are to interact with media and fans. No more ditching press conferences (cough...Carl...cough) or childish behavior in front of the media (or on national television).

It's year 4 of Bo Pelini, there are cracks in our recruiting, our teams are undisciplined, and we have yet to field a competent offense and defense in the same year. I'd like Bo to stay, revamp his staff, represent our program well, and ultimately be a successful head coach. However, if he wants to leave no one should lose any sleep over it. In fact, his arrogant belief that he's beyond criticism has made him sloppy and is holding our program back.

Someone needs to remind Bo Pelini that he is an employee here, not a spoiled monarch. He must be accountable. Tom needs to take a serious look at the state of the program. Period.

what.gif

Personally, I think the only big mistake Bo has made since he's been head coach is retaining Watson.

Really? You think him hiring his high school buddies was a "good" decision?

Honestly, it's really tough not to laugh at you right now. You have given these coaches, after making several changes, absolutely no time to become cohesive and work together. What, you think losing one of the best secondary coaches in the nation and making a multitude of other personnel changes means everything is going to be lean and dandy right away? Incumbents mixing with newbies isn't going meld together so simply.

I respectfully suggest you think before you post about that which you are clearly not understanding or have too high expectations of.

Nobody here is getting paid over 3 Million a year to lose at home to lesser opponents at least once a year.

My name is Kirk Ferentz and I resent that comment!

I find it completely laughable that those on here whom most of which have never coached football, don't know even how to install offense or defense, cannot write an intricate practice plan, and really have no idea what they are talking about are calling for a football coach's head.

BTW, if you feel that way, you obviously feel like you know more than Tom Osborne because he is the one saying Bo is doing a good job. This happens after every loss, knee-jerk.

Is losing to Northwestern acceptable? No, but fire the coach? Got to love the loyalty from the "Greatest Fans in College Football."

Personally, I think the only big mistake Bo has made since he's been head coach is retaining Watson.

Really? You think him hiring his high school buddies was a "good" decision?

This is the dumbest thing I have read in a long time. I am fairly certain that the only "high school buddies" he hired were Tim Beck and his brother.

Tim Beck was a co-OC at KU where they won a bowl game you may have heard of. Orange I think they call it. Carl was on Frank Solich's staff at Ohio as their DC and honestly that title was just a title when he came on and we all knew it.

You act like he just called up a bunch of guys that were sitting around Youngstown doing nothing. Also, if Mike Stoops wanted to come here I would welcome him with open arms. He was a head coach of a D1 program in a BCS conference, I think he knows a little bit more than most about football.

• Fire 1