Is running a clean program important to you?

To consistently negative people,

In the wake of the PSU scandal, how important is it to you that Bo runs a clean program? He has won at least nine games every year, which was certainly Dr. Tom's minimum standard. When confronted with a moral scandal, he has canned the offending assistant coach. He has shown the willingness to drop players when they can't follow team rules.

Are you a win at all cost/championship or fire the coach kind of guy, or does running a quality program hold some weight with you?

Edited by BIGREDIOWAN
We aren't going to start calling out specific people, that's what the woodshed is for.

I think most Nebraska (midwest) people would want to follow a program that is run well and clean. If Bo continues to recruit good kids (physically skilled and morally upstanding) and holds them accountable for their actions I'll be happy. I might moan and groan at times but I certainly don't want a win at all costs program like Oklahoma had in the late 70's and 80's.

To Austin and other consistently negative people,

In the wake of the PSU scandal, how important is it to you that Bo runs a clean program? He has won at least nine games every year, which was certainly Dr. Tom's minimum standard. When confronted with a moral scandal, he has canned the offending assistant coach. He has shown the willingness to drop players when they can't follow team rules.

Are you a win at all cost/championship or fire the coach kind of guy, or does running a quality program hold some weight with you?

Bo fired his brother? Hadn't heard about that yet.

Kidding aside, I'll take 9 or 10 wins with a clean program for the rest of my life as compared to 12-14 wins with cocky, selfish players, illegal booster activity, coaches that are only here for the money, etc.

A clean program is much more important than winning, IMO.

A program that isn't clean has victims, people that are hurt as a result of how it operates. And this is just a game. Not worth that.

By the way, for all his failures as a coach, Bill Callahan will always have my respect for running a very clean program.

AustinHusker and I have disagreed on some things, but when has he or anybody else said they think winning is more important running a clean program, or where have they eluded to it? Just kind of curious why he's been pegged as this? He's probably more negative than other posters, but I've personally never once seen him say winning is more important than winning the right way. I'm also kind of struggling to see how winning at all costs or firing the coach are linked. Perhaps you could clarify so I can better understand.

That said, running a clean program is of the utmost importance to me, and I think most people are going to agree. If we don't do anything illegal and continue to win 10 games a season and compete for championships, I'd rather have that than run an unclean program but compete for championships all the time.

• Fire 1

Winning isn't everything.

In my opinion, as long as the players go to class, practice hard, give their best effort, and most importantly get their degree than that is what should be the most important to the coaches and fan base of any program.

As long as a program's priorities are in the right order, the winning and championships will follow. If Bo can run a clean program, win 8 to 9 games every year, makes a bowl game at the end of each season, and has a shot every now and again to play for a conference championship I would take that kind of performance every time.

A clean program is much better than a win at all cost program. Winning isn't everything.

AustinHusker and I have disagreed on some things, but when has he or anybody else said they think winning is more important than running a clean program, or where have they eluded to it? Just kind of curious why he's been pegged as this? He's probably more negative than other posters, but I've personally never once seen him say winning is more important than winning the right way. I'm also kind of struggling to see how winning at all costs or firing the coach are linked. Perhaps you could clarify so I can better understand.

That said, running a clean program is of the utmost importance to me, and I think most people are going to agree. If we don't do anything illegal and continue to win 10 games a season and compete for championships, I'd rather have that than run an unclean program but compete for championships all the time.

Agree, and when did it become OK to start a thread calling out another member.

What is your definition of a clean program? Of course being a good citizen and following the rules is important but lets face it a check mark in the win column should be the goal of every program and is paramount. I for one am not a fan of giving ribbons for 5th place or saying nice try after getting your tail kicked. We do not need choir boys playing for or coaching our university every Saturday to have a good clean program that other teams fear.

AustinHusker and I have disagreed on some things, but when has he or anybody else said they think winning is more important running a clean program, or where have they eluded to it? Just kind of curious why he's been pegged as this? He's probably more negative than other posters, but I've personally never once seen him say winning is more important than winning the right way. I'm also kind of struggling to see how winning at all costs or firing the coach are linked. Perhaps you could clarify so I can better understand.

Agreed. Austin is a negative nelly no doubt about that. However he raises some points a lot of people think but don't have the testicular fortitude to actually say it.