Do you root for any other teams?

Doodlebug

well the huskers of course, and then my alma mater pitt state, where i played college ball at ONCE A GORILLA ALWAYS A GORILLA!!!

i also kinda like KU and TCU but just because Gary Patterson is from kansas

teams i hate are Iowa State, Duke, and Miami, and i loathe Kstate there are tons of kstate fans here where i live and 90% of them are a-holes and dont know how to win with class

Whoa! NWMSU right here man! Once a Bearcat always a Bearcat

thats awesome! i felt so bad for you guys when your head coach past away this offseason, but man im glad mel is gone! lol and that was one hell of a game at arrowhead this year! hopefully we see you in the jungle in a couple weeks, but you guys better take care of MoWest first!

well the huskers of course, and then my alma mater pitt state, where i played college ball at ONCE A GORILLA ALWAYS A GORILLA!!!

teams i hate are Iowa State, Duke, and Miami, and i loathe Kstate there are tons of kstate fans here where i live and 90% of them are a-holes and dont know how to win with class

Whoa! NWMSU right here man! Once a Bearcat always a Bearcat

thats awesome! i felt so bad for you guys when your head coach past away this offseason, but man im glad mel is gone! lol and that was one hell of a game at arrowhead this year! hopefully we see you in the jungle in a couple weeks, but you guys better take care of MoWest first!

Ha I don't even pay much attention to the team. We are not doing as good as we have in the past.

I attended PSU for a year after high school. Was in the Army with one of the best running backs in PSU history. Monte Weathers.

Don't know how else I can prove I'm a husker. Ask me anything!

All of this could be fake. The true test - There was once a restaurant in Lincoln whose name contained the word Caboose. What was it?

I don't know how long the Chartreuse Caboose has been gone from Lincoln but it lasted until about a year ago in Greeley CO. The guy that ran it was a Lincoln native (absolute Husker nut). He changed the name from Chartreuse Caboose to Caboose Philly Grill about 5 years ago but they were the Same Philly Steak sandwiches. I really miss that place.

Since somebody already gave away the name, here's another one; There was once an awesome place for fried chicken in SW Lincoln (Pioneer Blvd I think) What was the name? Heck, for all I know it is still there.

I like the Chiefs. They have sucked since the early/mid nineties though, so I follow a lot of football in general. After the Husker and Chiefs, I'm probably more of a fan of a type of football. I love physical, smart, in your face, football. You know, what the Huskers, and Chiefs for that matter, used to be. As a result, I'm loving me some 49ers this year. I'm loving me some K-State this year. Watching the 9ers and Wildcats beat up on teams with way more advantages just makes me smile. Alex Smith? Manhattan KS? 1st year NFL HC? Father friggin time? If I were a HC and lost to old-man snyder, I'd be embarrassed.

Seeing teams like the Baltimore Ravens lose to J'Ville 12-7 in a game in which Balt passes 41 times while rushing 12 times cracks me up. Heya George, lets drop Flacco back to pass 41 times and have Ray Rice carry the ball 8 times...laughable.

Remember back in the day when these teams would have these cutsey offenses and then play us and get destroyed? The Fun n Gun? Texas Tech? It seemed to go on and on...watching those WAC minded offensive teams getting worked by teams that played physical football. Now it seems that everyone wants to out-finesse each other. Out cutesy each other. As Gundy would say...makes me wanna puke.

Since somebody already gave away the name, here's another one; There was once an awesome place for fried chicken in SW Lincoln (Pioneer Blvd I think) What was the name? Heck, for all I know it is still there.

That's Lee's Chicken. I think they opened another restaurant at 70th & O, but that's since closed and is now Mazatlan. My wife is a life-long Lincoln resident and won't go to Lee's, so I've never been there.

To keep this thread from being completely derailed, my teams are:

CFB: Huskers

CBB: Huskers

NFL: Bears

NBA: Bulls

MLB: Cubs

NHL: Blackhawks

Teams other than the Huskers that I root for? There are none that approach the amount of fervor or emotional attachment I have to Husker football but there are some I cheer for;

1-Huskers

2-Colorado Avalanche

3-Texas opponents

4- Green Bay & Detroit Lions

5-Denver Broncos Fairweather Fan. When they're good I watch, when they suck I could care less. I haven't cared much since Elway left.

6-B1G teams when it doesn't hurt the Huskers. (don't have any I despise yet)

7-Colorado Buffs opponents

8-Like to see Northern Colorado and CSU do well.

9- I enjoy watching Oregon, Okie St. & LSU but don't necessarily root for them.

10- Love March Madness but hate the NBA.

My NFL team is the Packers, and my MLB team is the St. Louis Cardinals. So yeah, I'm having a pretty good year.

I liked the Cowboys when I was very young, but kind of had an affinity for a few other teams... Green Bay was one, but also Houston (loved Earl Campbell). Then we moved to Wisconsin and I followed both the Packers and the Cowboys for awhile, but once Dallas turned into Jerry Jones / Miami Hurricanes west I threw them to the curb and stuck with GB. It helped when Favre came along and the Packers became respectable again.... in the 80s they were god awful.

I am a St. Louis Cardinals fan primarily because my father and his mother before me were.... they were dragged all over KMOX territory while my grandfather shuttled from Air Force base to Air Force base.

I follow the Flyers in hockey and have since the mid-80s.... it's a weird one as I've never lived remotely close to Philadelphia. I just decided that when I began watching hockey, I wanted somebody to beat Edmonton. So I picked the opponent they played in the finals that year, and it stuck. Plus I thought Pelle Lindbergh was bad ass. Then he died, and I became attached to them. I like the Avalanche too and try to support them since they really are about a distant fourth behind everything else in Denver, but I never get that excited about them.

I am also a big fan of the Essendon Bombers in the Australian Football League. I spent some time in Melbourne and got absolutely hooked on the sport of Aussie Rules while I was there.... it became a great bonding mechanism between myself and my eventual in-laws when my relationship with their daughter got really serious.

As a kid I liked the 76ers in the NBA, because Julius Erving was my favorite player, although I haven't cared about basketball for years. The lockout doesn't bother me one bit.

Other college teams - I rooted for Wisconsin for a long time and considered them a second favorite. Obviously that has become enormously difficult. I now root for Turner Gill at Kansas, although that's not going so well.

• Fire 1

My NFL team is the Packers, and my MLB team is the St. Louis Cardinals. So yeah, I'm having a pretty good year.

I liked the Cowboys when I was very young, but kind of had an affinity for a few other teams... Green Bay was one, but also Houston (loved Earl Campbell). Then we moved to Wisconsin and I followed both the Packers and the Cowboys for awhile, but once Dallas turned into Jerry Jones / Miami Hurricanes west I threw them to the curb and stuck with GB. It helped when Favre came along and the Packers became respectable again.... in the 80s they were god awful.

I am a St. Louis Cardinals fan primarily because my father and his mother before me were.... they were dragged all over KMOX territory while my grandfather shuttled from Air Force base to Air Force base.

I follow the Flyers in hockey and have since the mid-80s.... it's a weird one as I've never lived remotely close to Philadelphia. I just decided that when I began watching hockey, I wanted somebody to beat Edmonton. So I picked the opponent they played in the finals that year, and it stuck. Plus I thought Pelle Lindbergh was bad ass. Then he died, and I became attached to them. I like the Avalanche too and try to support them since they really are about a distant fourth behind everything else in Denver, but I never get that excited about them.

I am also a big fan of the Essendon Bombers in the Australian Football League. I spent some time in Melbourne and got absolutely hooked on the sport of Aussie Rules while I was there.... it became a great bonding mechanism between myself and my eventual in-laws when my relationship with their daughter got really serious.

As a kid I liked the 76ers in the NBA, because Julius Erving was my favorite player, although I haven't cared about basketball for years. The lockout doesn't bother me one bit.

Other college teams - I rooted for Wisconsin for a long time and considered them a second favorite. Obviously that has become enormously difficult. I now root for Turner Gill at Kansas, although that's not going so well.

I like you....do you like me?

Of course :)

It's hard not to be interested in the Badgers.... I was around them for so many years. It was nice to see them go from doormat to power; it coincided nicely with the Packers doing the same thing. I certainly can tell you about the bad old days of Dave McLain and Don Morton. The first game I ever went to at Camp Randall was against Michigan and they lost 62-14... and it wasn't that close.

But I lived in Nebraska first.... so there was no way they were going to be superceded, no matter how weird everyone thought I was.

I "root" for a lot of teams based on personalities, styles of play and my connections to the area...however there are very few teams of which I'm a fan. There's a huge difference to me.

K-State - I root for them occasionally just because I live right down the street from them but I'm no big fan, just a passing interest

Teams I hate

MLB

Cubs

Alright by naming these two teams you have lost all credibility with this guy :dumdum

Ok let me qualify the K-State part. I view them much like the local highschool or minor league baseball team more than I do a serious college football team. Manhattan's small so you see kids from the team and the community is very much behind them so hey why not pull for them to win occasionally....You'll never see me wear purple, shoot them money as a booster or root for them against UW but when they're playing OU, KU, A&M or Miami, yea...I'll have some people over crack open a beer and pull for 'em.

That said I did not shed a tear when they lost the last couple...couldn't care less really...

I live in manhattan too and worked for K-State for awhile. I do a dance when they lose. Love to hear all the excuses from the kitty fans at work the next day.