Do you root for any other teams?

Doodlebug

I'm not sure how anyone can really watch a game and not root for one of the teams playing. I really don't care much for or watch much Nascar, but when my brother makes me watch it I always find at least one driver to root for. Even teams I don't necessarily even like I root for from time to time. When Mizzou was playing Arizona State earlier this year, I couldn't help myself but root for Mizzou. I was rooting for Oregon over Stanford the other night because I want to see Bama and LSU play for all the marbles again. Even after NW made us look like chumps, I'm guessing most of us will be rooing for them over MSU.

When not rooting for the Huskers, I find that I root for Oregon. They are exciting and what I hope our offense could look like someday. Plus contrary to most people in this state, I like the random uniforms and think it's fun and exciting!

NFL - Atlanta Falcons all day!! Liked them ever since the Vick and scumbag coach issues.

MLB - I pull for the Royals, just wish they'd keep some of they're key players one of these days!

NBA - No fan of any 1 team, but the beauty of the NBA is the star power. I'm a fan of specific players, not really they're respective teams. In that case, I would watch any game with Lebron, KD, Melo, DRose....

Hockey.........nuff said....

I'm not sure how anyone can really watch a game and not root for one of the teams playing. I really don't care much for or watch much Nascar, but when my brother makes me watch it I always find at least one driver to root for. Even teams I don't necessarily even like I root for from time to time. When Mizzou was playing Arizona State earlier this year, I couldn't help myself but root for Mizzou. I was rooting for Oregon over Stanford the other night because I want to see Bama and LSU play for all the marbles again. Even after NW made us look like chumps, I'm guessing most of us will be rooing for them over MSU.

I get this. I kinda do this, but when I'm saying "root" I mean "pull for" or "hope wins." It's a game-time thing, and ends when the game ends, right? That's how it works for me. I pretty much always have a reason for wanting Team A to win and not Team B when I'm watching a game, and often it's arbitrary or even changes as the game ebbs and flows. In general I root against Boise State, but there have been many times I've watched a game and wanted them to win. But in no way am I a Boise St. fan. At all.

I get this. I kinda do this, but when you're saying "root" I mean "pull for" or "hope wins." It's a game-time thing, and ends when the game ends, right? That's how it works for me. I pretty much always have a reason for wanting Team A to win and not Team B when I'm watching a game, and often it's arbitrary or even changes as the game ebbs and flows. In general I root against Boise State, but there have been many times I've watched a game and wanted them to win. But in no way am I a Boise St. fan. At all.

what about when the ravens play the steelers? it is the age old battle of murderers vs. rapists.

outside of the huskers and a few other teams, i am a pretty big bandwagon fan. i like coaches, players, styles of play. some teams are just likable to me, it can change quickly. a lot of times i like the underdogs, but sometimes (manning, a-rog) i go for the juggernaut.

Til I was 11 I was raised on the other side of the river in Council Bluffs so I was taught from my grandpa and uncles to root for Iowa and anyone who plays Nebraska. Moved to Nebraska and tried like hell to hate them. Met Ron Brown through FCA and I was sold from there. Went out and bought a Husker jacket.

I was a kid during the Montana to Rice years of the NFL so I gravitated towards the 49ers and have stuck with them.

I didn't care much about baseball till just after high school. Hated the Yankees and found myself rooting for the Red Sox. Been a fan every since.

Can't stand watching basketball at any level. I love hockey live, but can't watch it on TV. Don't have a favorite because of this.

As far as other sports go, I follow Husker volleyball and baseball as well as football. I ran track competitively so I try to catch a little bit whenever I can of those events too.

If the question was: What team do you wish would disappear from the face of the earth...my answer would be the Iowa Hawkeyes

But since the question is which other teams I root for then I would have to answer "anybody who beats the living crap out of the Iowa Hawkeyes and the Johnson County Public Safety Officials who arrest and remove from the streets any member of the Iowa Hawkeye football team who is publically intoxicated, acting stupid or just being a public nuisance...which would be all of them...as most normal people don't like their lawns urinated on in the middle of the night by drunken "student athletes"...

In regards to college football, I don't root for any other teams. I almost always root for the underdog in a game. The only teams I will never root for out of a desire to actually see them win are Texas, Iowa and Missouri. The only time I'll root for Iowa is if they're in a game where, if they win, they catapult us into a B1G championship game.