Rivals Ranks NU at #49

FWIW, Nebraska is ranked 9th in the country in terms of average stars on rivals. Quality over quantity.

This is actually a much better way to look at recruiting when class sizes differ. What is the quality of the players each team got, not the quantity which at times is hard to manage depending on many factors.

it's a numbers game though. why do you think people have issues w/ the SEC oversigning? the more kids you get into the door - the higher likelyhood of producing a star player. If we're signing 15 a year, and they are signing 30...they going to field twice as many stars as we are.

this is where Bo's recruiting style hasn't quite worked itself out IMO. Bo redshirted all but 3 of the freshman from his 2008 class of 28 (a few of them where JUCOs). That means that he signed aroudn 25 true freshmen, and 22 took up a scholarship for a year without producing. 17 of those guys are still on the roster as juniors. 3-4 of them should be seniors in a normal world. Once Bo's style of redshirting begins to work itself through the system you'll see larger senior classes. Hopefully redshirting leads to a more mature and seasoned team. Bo lost almost an entire year of recruiting w/ the change in styles. Now, the problem comes back into play if during a year he plays a larger class as freshman. He can't swing back and forth like he has been inclined to do. I think he's paying for his 08' decision still. Roster management is HUGE.

Well, I was feeling good about our class, but with the Zaire and Debo news, I'm quickly becoming skeptical. :hmmph

What have you heard about Zaire and Debo? :ahhhhhhhh

Zaire's not going anywhere and Debo got a LSU offer. He still feels comfortable with Nebraska but Les Miles has an in-home with him today and he will take an official there in the coming weeks. Will be tough to over come...we still have a ton of options at LB though. Would suck to lose Debo but we'll be ok if he leaves.

• 3 weeks later...

Huskers Illustrated has us at 14th(3rd B10), we're 21st(5th B10) on Scout, and Rivals has us as 8th(1st in B10) when going by "average player/star ranking". . . . Which is the most important category, esp in this small of a class.

If we can pull in QL, Peat and Fuller, not to mention Diggs, Ford, and Afalava(all of whom we could/should land), we'll be a top 15 class on all three major sites both overall, and in "average ranking." There is nothing to worry about at this point, imo.

At the Big Red Breakfast JP made repeated mention for folks to tune-in to the Army, Marine, and Under Armour games. Could be a good sign that they're expecting to get some commits from those games.

I like hearing that!! I wouldn't think he'd say that if he didn't know there were gonna be some commits!!!!

At the Big Red Breakfast JP made repeated mention for folks to tune-in to the Army, Marine, and Under Armour games. Could be a good sign that they're expecting to get some commits from those games.

I like hearing that!! I wouldn't think he'd say that if he didn't know there were gonna be some commits!!!!

Anyone know who specifically? What commits are we going hard after that plan on announcing at one of those games? All that comes to mind for me is Diggs...

Anyone know who specifically? What commits are we going hard after that plan on announcing at one of those games? All that comes to mind for me is Diggs...

Diggs- Army All American Game

Afalava- Utah All-Star game

Lambert- Announcing week of January 2nd

Moss- Announcing January 3rd at an All-star game

Huskers Illustrated has us at 14th(3rd B10), we're 21st(5th B10) on Scout, and Rivals has us as 8th(1st in B10) when going by "average player/star ranking". . . . Which is the most important category, esp in this small of a class.

If we can pull in QL, Peat and Fuller, not to mention Diggs, Ford, and Afalava(all of whom we could/should land), we'll be a top 15 class on all three major sites both overall, and in "average ranking." There is nothing to worry about at this point, imo.

oh come on, this staff has no record of success in recruiting and clearly don't work at it. we're doomed.

• 2 weeks later...