Will you be sated with 10-3……..??

Comish

I'm would be sort of satisfied at 10-3. It would be good because it means we won out and ended with a good bowl win, but it's bad because of the nature of the losses. I can actually handle the NW loss more so than the other two. Upsets happen, there's no two ways about it, sometimes the better team doesn't win. But the two blowout losses were bad because we really quit in them. Also I really wish we had shown more improvement throughout the season, but that's just an opinion.

Even though I predicted us to 9-3 going into the season, it still has been a disappointment for me.

1. I thought the defense would play better at this point of the season. It was gonna take some time to gel as unit as season wore on, but giving up 42(I know some were off of TOs) to a team that put up 17 against our next opponent is unexcusable. I thought the 2nd of half tOSU game we found something that this team can build on, to bad it only lasted for a couple of games.

2. 2 or our 3 losses we werent competitive in the 2nd half, we looked lost and had cement blocks for shoes it seemed like.

3. Going into the last week of regular season with nothing play for isnt the norm or the expectations that this program should be getting used too.

4. We need to win our next 2 go into the off season with some momentum, if we lose our next two it will be a long, long offseason.

• Fire 2

Considering the alternatives, there's really no choice but to be satisfied with 10-3. I want 14-0 as much as the next Husker fan but seriously, the outcome of the last two games are an issue of “how do you want the season to be perceived?” Losing the last two and going 8-5 would be considered a colossal failure. Seriously, an 8-5 season might be fine for Purdue. Splitting the last two and going 9-4 would classify as nondescript. I see a 9-4 season as the minimum of what Nebraska should achieve. However, winning the last two and going 10-3, the season could at least be considered a borderline success. I think it’s safe to say that winning the last two and going 10-3 would be the best way to remember the season.

College football is so much different from every other sport. I know the cynics would bemoan the fact that there is no playoff system. However, the benefit of having the current system is that a team can win its last two games and whether its final record is 12-2 or 8-5 can still, on some level, feel good about its season.

In the NFL, however, it is not uncommon for a team to go 13-3 and lose in the first round of the playoffs. Last season, the Atlanta Falcons went a franchise-best 13-3 and garnered the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs only to get their doors blown off in a 48-21 Division Round loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Granted, the NFL is such where only one team is going to end its season victoriously and feel good (the Super Bowl champion) but while 13-3 is an impressive record, a team with that mark should at minimum reach the conference title game.

Point being, if the Huskers want the season to be viewed as even a borderline success, 2011 becomes a two-game season beginning Friday.

• Fire 1

Considering the alternatives, there's really no choice but to be satisfied with 10-3. I want 14-0 as much as the next Husker fan but seriously, the outcome of the last two games are an issue of “how do you want the season to be perceived?” Losing the last two and going 8-5 would be considered a colossal failure. Seriously, an 8-5 season might be fine for Purdue. Splitting the last two and going 9-4 would classify as nondescript. I see a 9-4 season as the minimum of what Nebraska should achieve. However, winning the last two and going 10-3, the season could at least be considered a borderline success. I think it’s safe to say that winning the last two and going 10-3 would be the best way to remember the season.

College football is so much different from every other sport. I know the cynics would bemoan the fact that there is no playoff system. However, the benefit of having the current system is that a team can win its last two games and whether its final record is 12-2 or 8-5 can still, on some level, feel good about its season.

In the NFL, however, it is not uncommon for a team to go 13-3 and lose in the first round of the playoffs. Last season, the Atlanta Falcons went a franchise-best 13-3 and garnered the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs only to get their doors blown off in a 48-21 Division Round loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Granted, the NFL is such where only one team is going to end its season victoriously and feel good (the Super Bowl champion) but while 13-3 is an impressive record, a team with that mark should at minimum reach the conference title game.

Point being, if the Huskers want the season to be viewed as even a borderline success, 2011 becomes a two-game season beginning Friday.

Nice bro, good to see ya

+1 to huskerscott agree with every thing said there.

For me, it's not the fact we have 3 losses, it's the way we have earned them. 2 complete meltdowns and 1 no-show. It seems like every time this team has had something big to play for, they have crumbled. The team needs a big spark right now. Finishing 10-3 would be a great finish to this season at this point, but I'm not sure I would call it successful. 8-5 would make for a very bad off-season.

What I see in college football today is a tier system with multiple levels. This year I'm not sure there is an elite team that absolutely destroys any and all competition. (Nebraska 95). Alabama and LSU are very good teams with not many weaknesses. Effective offenses with killer defenses. Arkansas and Okla St have very good offenses and not so good defenses.

I'm not sure we could compete with any of the Top 10 or 12 teams. We don't have the ability to score on a good defense or keep a good offense from scoring. A mobile Qb makes our defense look like a jr high team.I would place Nebr in the 20-25 range. On a good day we could compete with a #15 team.

I think what hurts me the most about this team is the lack of intensity I see at times. I watched a video of all our offensive series from the UM game. It didn't look like our receivers took their blocking assignments seriously. One good D lineman can blow up our offensive line nearly every play.

While I'm ok with 10-3, (with this team and our schedule), I'm not happy with the blowouts. Our offense has improved (not saying much from where it has been the last 3 seasons). Our defense has been most dissappointing. I had wrongfully assumed that the Pelini's would always have a top 10 defense while they were here. Let's see where recruiting shakes out with this small class coming up. I hope the players that redshirted this year are quality.

What I see in college football today is a tier system with multiple levels. This year I'm not sure there is an elite team that absolutely destroys any and all competition. (Nebraska 95). Alabama and LSU are very good teams with not many weaknesses. Effective offenses with killer defenses. Arkansas and Okla St have very good offenses and not so good defenses.

I'm not sure we could compete with any of the Top 10 or 12 teams. We don't have the ability to score on a good defense or keep a good offense from scoring. A mobile Qb makes our defense look like a jr high team.I would place Nebr in the 20-25 range. On a good day we could compete with a #15 team.

I think what hurts me the most about this team is the lack of intensity I see at times. I watched a video of all our offensive series from the UM game. It didn't look like our receivers took their blocking assignments seriously. One good D lineman can blow up our offensive line nearly every play.

While I'm ok with 10-3, (with this team and our schedule), I'm not happy with the blowouts. Our offense has improved (not saying much from where it has been the last 3 seasons). Our defense has been most dissappointing. I had wrongfully assumed that the Pelini's would always have a top 10 defense while they were here. Let's see where recruiting shakes out with this small class coming up. I hope the players that redshirted this year are quality.

Fine post, my friend. I too am still surprised our defense fell off a cliff. Again, like you I'm hoping it's just a fluke.

Offensively we've improved but imo we're still saddled with two major problems.....

a. Our Oline just can't hack run blocking. That's a killer.

Additionally, asking K. Reed to block somebody is like asking for the total truth from a politician. Guys like Bell & Turner are so tiny they'd be stressed to block the opponent's water-boy. It's just a big problem for us everywhere on the field. Now that SuperRex is worn down to pulp we have nothing. I bet half of Rex's run yardage this year is "after" running through a tackler or two behind the LOS. Even marginal at best Dlines from Michigan & NW destroy our Oline.

We bring in Garrison/Stai and it's still a huge failure and hasn't helped whatsoever. Pass blocking is arguably improved somewhat but the run blocking is far worse than last year (which was still wildly inconsistent). "Somehow" this has to be fixed. Better figure something out real pronto, Bo. I understand that Oline recruiting was horrible three & four years ago but with the last two years we better see some real improvement next year. For real.

b. wr drops.

I'm so sick of watching us drop the ball the last three years I'm honestly not sure how much longer I can hack it. We can rave for forever about the speed & lightning our wrs have but for me.....I would trade them all in one nano-second (or less) for a Swift, Peterson or Davison. Initially this year I thought we turned the corner on this problem but sadly I was dead wrong. Dead wrong. Tmart, Z. Lee...it doesn't matter. They'll drop anything they can get their hands on.

What is it? Talent or coaching? What ratio? Gilmore or Fisher sure as hell can't seem to fix it.

I honestly feel sorry for Beck. How's he supposed to put together a good game plan when we can't block or catch? Glad I'm not him.

GBR!!