Which bowl game will we go to?

It all depends on what happens tomorrow with Michigan-Ohio State and Penn State-Wisconsin, and then with the B1G championship game. Just like that 14 all in Baton Rouge.

There are 9 teams in the Big Ten who are eligible for a Bowl Game. Should Purdue defeat Indiana tomorrow, there will be 10 teams eligible for a Bowl Game. I think that's pretty good.

Let's say that Michigan State beats Northwestern, Ohio State beats Meatchicken, and Wisconsin beats Penn State. This puts Wisconsin and Michigan State in the B1G championship game. Meatchicken finishes 9-3 (5-3), Penn State finishes 9-3 (6-2).

Wisconsin beats Michigan State in the B1G Championship Game. That puts them in the Rose Bowl to face Oregon.

So here are my projected final conference standings for all the B1G:

Wisconsin 11-2 (7-2)

Michigan State 10-3 (7-2)

Penn State 9-3 (6-2)

Michigan 9-3 (5-3)

Nebraska 9-3 (5-3)

Ohio State 7-5 (4-4)

Iowa 7-5 (4-4)

Purdue 6-6 (4-4)

Northwestern 6-6 (3-5)

Illinois 6-6 (3-5)

Minnesota 2-10 (1-7)

Indiana 1-11 (0-8)

With that, I do think the B1G gets an at-large BCS birth for Michigan State, who will be sent to the Sugar Bowl to face Houston.

The Capital One Bowl can now select Penn State, Michigan, or Nebraska to face their SEC team. Penn State was their recently and with their scandal I don't see them being selected. Michigan State was there last year, so maybe they don't choose Michigan.

Capital One Bowl selects Nebraska who is looking like they will face Arkansas [who is now down 21-14].

This leaves Michigan and Penn State to duke it out for a spot in the Outback Bowl to face another SEC team. This is where Michigan goes. They will face South Carolina.

So Penn State goes to the Insight Bowl to face a Big 12 school, who I'm thinking will be Kansas State.

Here are my projected bowl standings [this is surprisingly a lot of work]:

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin vs Oregon

Sugar Bowl: Michigan State vs Houston

Capital One Bowl: Nebraska vs Arkansas

Outback Bowl: Michigan vs South Carolina/Georgia

Insight Bowl: Penn State vs Kansas State

Gator Bowl: Iowa vs. Auburn/Georgia/South Carolina

Meinke Car Care Bowl: Ohio State vs Texas

Ticket City Bowl: Northwestern vs Marshall

Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl: Illinois vs Toledo

Purdue goes somewhere that doesn't have enough teams.

there is no way MSU gets an at large berth with 3 losses, none, the only way there will be two B1G BCS teams is if we beat OSU...

Yeah, you can switch MU and MSU as you like.

According to Omaha TV station.... the sports guys at the game, along with Sean Callahan (Big Red Insider or Rivals ?) said that the Outback Official there today did "ALL BUT OFFER" an invite. Said he was slobbering all over himself with the idea of having Nebraska playing Georgia or South Carolina...... They said that the only way NU doesn't go to Outback is if Michigan DOES get BCS, then Outback official was "afraid" that Capital One Bowl would take Nebraska in front of them....

- Doesn't sound like NU will fall farther than Outback Bowl....... but, goofy crap happens.... If Wiscy wins, then I don't see us anywhere but Florida on Jan. 2..... either Capital One or Outback.... only bad thing is....if Michigan wins tomorrow, we will be waiting until last minute, because decisions will be made based on BCS and that isn't announced until Dec. 4.... they usually keep the BCS under wraps pretty good

Outback vs. Georgia or South Carolina.

I really don't want to play any SEC team, but UGA is the team that I really don't want to play. They will kick the crap out of us. At least USC has a crappy offense so it might be a toss up depending on who turns the ball over more. Arky would kill us too, if they were picked to play us.

Wasn't one of the thing s that was so great about the B1G that their bowl affiliates HAD to pick their invites based on final conference standings? All of this speculation should be a non issue.

I don't think that this is the case. Other than the BCS bowls, it's up to the bowls on who they want to invite. We don't want them to pick in order anyway. If that was the case then NU would be playing a Big 12 team becasue we will be behind Wisky, MSU, UM and PSU.

I don't care what bowl it is as long as our opponent is not super tough on defense and preferably also has a fairly immobile QB or a pocket passing style. I still am left with the impression that one of the big reasons we were able to beat MSU, PSU, and Iowa is because their offenses were absolutely worthless when we played them. I hate to take anything away from our D but those offenses looked simply terrible and I don't believe most of it was due to our D but rather was due to their ineptitude. Which leaves me feeling like we are going to have to put quite a few points on the board to beat anybody from the top 6 in the SEC. I just pray it isn't LSU or Bama. I don't care how much better the payout might be, we've had our share of national embarrassment for awhile.

I don't care what bowl it is as long as our opponent is not super tough on defense and preferably also has a fairly immobile QB or a pocket passing style. I still am left with the impression that one of the big reasons we were able to beat MSU, PSU, and Iowa is because their offenses were absolutely worthless when we played them. I hate to take anything away from our D but those offenses looked simply terrible and I don't believe most of it was due to our D but rather was due to their ineptitude. Which leaves me feeling like we are going to have to put quite a few points on the board to beat anybody from the top 6 in the SEC. I just pray it isn't LSU or Bama. I don't care how much better the payout might be, we've had our share of national embarrassment for awhile.

It won't be LSU or Bama, they will be in the BCS as long as UGA doesn't upset LSU. The thing is that both of those teams have terrible QB's/offenses. Their defenses are elite as are LSU's SP's. Alabama's SP suck as I think they are vastly overrated and haven't beaten anybody to ddeserve MNC shot against a team that has already beaten them in ttheirwn house.

If we get the Outback or Capitol One Bowl vs an SEC team, it will likely be either UGA, Arky, or USC. I think we match up well with USC since their offense is inept even by crappy SEC standards when it comes to offenses. Thier starting RB is out for the year and they are playing their backup QB is playing due to their starter getting kicked off the team bbecausee was caught with pot for the 4th time. UGA and Arky would take us behind the woodshead.

It will most likely be Outback vs. either South Carolina or Georgia.

Cap One has stronly hinted that they will take the loser of the championship game. They tend to be the least likely bowl to break from the actual Big 10 standings with their pick. So probably Michigan State (or definitely Wisconsin).

The biggest thing that could throw a kink in things is if Penn State beats Wisconsin tomorrow and then loses the CCG. Not sure which bowls will want to end up associated with their baggage this year.

My predictions for tomorrow are Michigan beats OSU and Wisconsin beats Penn State which gives:

Rose: Wisconsin

BCS at large (Fiesta): Michigan

Cap One: Michigan State

Outback: Nebraska

This is where it gets tricky due to Penn State

Insight: Iowa/Penn State

Gator: Iowa/Penn State/Ohio State

Meinke Car Care Bowl: Ohio State/Penn State

Ticket City Bowl: Northwestern

Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl: Illinois

Iowa will be taken above Ohio State - I just don't have a feel for what the Insight will do about Penn State. The other 9-3 teams are easy to take over Penn State without even thinking about it and nobody HAS to take Penn State until you get all the way to the Little Caesar's Bowl, although Ticket City has stated they would take Penn State if they fell all the way to them. I am pretty sure that Penn State won't fall past the Meinke. My best guess is that if nothing else comes out in the next week that the Insight probably goes ahead and pulls the trigger on Penn State - but if PSU ends up back in the news this week they pass and take Iowa and PSU falls to the Meinke. It is just a gut feeling - but I don't think the Gator is interested in Penn State this year as they will have more intriguing storylines with either Iowa or OSU against the SEC opponent.

We don't want any part of Akansas or Georgia. I'll be scared if we have to play most anyone rated in the top 25 right now. I guess I wouldn't mind another shot at Texas.

Honestly, I want NU to play the best team they possibly can. I always want to watch them playing against the best possible competition. I know the games we lost this year were all tough to take for different reasons, but we do have wins against two teams currently ranked in the BCS top 20, one of them on the road and the other by three touchdowns.

The team finished the season well today, and without a CCG game to play in, I think they are going to be healthy and hungry come New Year. I'm looking for the return of Bo's typical bowl performance, so bring on S. Carolina or Georgia or Arkansas. I want to see it.

• Fire 4