I cannot be the only one thinking this...

Landomatic, based on what you said in the what did we learn thread, I know at least you agree with me here.

Our offense bores the hell out of me. Toss sweep. Iso lead. Toss sweep. Toss Sweep. It literally got to the point where I could call what we were going to run... Toss Sweep.

We've got some kind of faith to call that play on 4th down again this week.

The occasional pass kept me awake, but it was REALLY vanilla today. I mean, I know we're going to run it at them and wear them down until we get bigger chunks, but it was very predictable today. Now, given, when we tried to branch out and run some diamond, it didn't work. Beck got gunshy.

My other problem with our offense is that when we build an good lead (not one that puts the game away, though) like 20 points and go into clock burn mode, we lose any and all fire. Players play to milk clock. It's like no one even cares about getting in the endzone anymore. I'm a bit young to remember, but didn't NU teams of ole run clock AND continue to pile points on at the SAME TIME? CRAZY NOTION!

Oh well. Damn glad we won and good first year all things considered for Beck. Boring last game though.

Rex deserved that record. Glad Taylor found a way to get him the ball. I thought the coaches were gonna find a way to screw him for the longest time. GBR!

I was going to post a thread just like this. 20 pts is a nice lead, but where's the killer instinct to hang 27, 34, 40+ pts on teams anymore? I'm not saying NU would have rolled up 40+ on Iowa today, but what is wrong with trying? The D was playing well today, so 20 pts was more than enough to win it, but it seems like Bo is afraid to run it up on teams a little. Days like today where the D is playing well is all the more reason to take a few shots and keep playing aggressively with a healthy lead. Pelini has been doing this since the day he got here.

I once heard a coach say that he didn't like winning games by large margins if you were going to play them again the following year. Leaves more out there for bulletin board material and other motivation. I don't like it, but it isn't a ludicrous statement.

I'm not for hanging 60+ on 1AA schools. I love a little sportsmanship. But putting a 30 pt shellacking on a decent BCS school is a nice way to boost confidence moving forward, whether it be for the next game or the next year. Here's to a blow out in the bowl game.

I was going to post a thread just like this. 20 pts is a nice lead, but where's the killer instinct to hang 27, 34, 40+ pts on teams anymore? I'm not saying NU would have rolled up 40+ on Iowa today, but what is wrong with trying? The D was playing well today, so 20 pts was more than enough to win it, but it seems like Bo is afraid to run it up on teams a little. Days like today where the D is playing well is all the more reason to take a few shots and keep playing aggressively with a healthy lead. Pelini has been doing this since the day he got here.

I once heard a coach say that he didn't like winning games by large margins if you were going to play them again the following year. Leaves more out there for bulletin board material and other motivation. I don't like it, but it isn't a ludicrous statement.

I'm not for hanging 60+ on 1AA schools. I love a little sportsmanship. But putting a 30 pt shellacking on a decent BCS school is a nice way to boost confidence moving forward, whether it be for the next game or the next year. Here's to a blow out in the bowl game.

That is why I wish margin of victory was part of the formula in the BCS rankings. I can't stand when teams are ok with just running it 3 times and punting with 14 mins left in the 4th when leading by 14.

Good win today though!

Rex was obviously beat up, Taylor was hurt after the first quarter. Without those two guys being able to run the ball as effectively as normal, that's like 90% of our offense taken away from us. It turned into a grind-it-out kind of day, and we won.

I'm looking forward to seeing the offense in the bowl game - we should be able to get healthy, and we should have time to work on some fundamentals and continue to get more comfortable in the new system.

NU of old beat teams so bad that they had no real desire to play them again the following year. Place foot on neck and press. It is about establishing ourselves as the Alpha male in the pack. Nothing more, nothing less. I am not saying to purposefully run up the score, but I would not adjust to NOT RUN UP the score. Who cares about bulletin board material. Those kind of emotions last until the front punch. After that, no.

Time to make folks scared to place us again. Get the thoughts in their head that their best bet is to try and lose a closer game than the year before.

I think today's main issue was that Martinez sprained an ankle in the first quarter and Beck had to go away from any use of the QB run game. Not that Taylor has been lighting it up recently anyway. For me the jury is still out on Beck and if he's going to turn into a high quality OC that Nebraska needs. I see a lot of things being tried and thrown against the wall but not really a developed system. Perhaps that will come with time because it needs to.