Urban Meyer doesn't know Bo . . .

ask Bill Snyder how his second coming went.

But Snyder didn't retire because he was burned out. Once a guy hits the wall, he doesn't come back. I'll bet Urban won't be able to stomach it when some losses start coming his way.

Thats exactly why Snyder retired. He was tired and wanted to take time away from football to be with family.

I guess Urban got tired of his family quicker than Bill did then.

• Fire 2

ask Bill Snyder how his second coming went.

But Snyder didn't retire because he was burned out. Once a guy hits the wall, he doesn't come back. I'll bet Urban won't be able to stomach it when some losses start coming his way.

Thats exactly why Snyder retired. He was tired and wanted to take time away from football to be with family.

I guess Urban got tired of his family quicker than Bill did then.

This was a tweet from a sports writer after the Meyer news broke yesterday morning:

"I'm retiring from my family to spend more time with my job."

Meyer will probably dominate at Ohio State. He dominated in Florida and at least in Florida he had a lot of competition in recruiting down there. He competed against Miami, Florida State, and the nearby SEC teams like Georgia, Auburn, Bama, South Carolina and LSU. In Ohio, who is up there to compete with him for the big time recruits that come out of that state? He will most likely take his pick of who he wants out of that state and hopefully Nebraska will be able to pick up some of the guys they want. I see no reason, with his coaching ability and his history, that he won't succeed. I just hope Nebraska can keep up.

Meyer will probably dominate at Ohio State. He dominated in Florida and at least in Florida he had a lot of competition in recruiting down there. He competed against Miami, Florida State, and the nearby SEC teams like Georgia, Auburn, Bama, South Carolina and LSU. In Ohio, who is up there to compete with him for the big time recruits that come out of that state? He will most likely take his pick of who he wants out of that state and hopefully Nebraska will be able to pick up some of the guys they want. I see no reason, with his coaching ability and his history, that he won't succeed. I just hope Nebraska can keep up.

+1.........heavy on the keeping up.

Urban Meyer is going to flop at Ohio State. Once burned out, athletes and coaches never come back. Can anybody name one? If the Bo myth had any truth to it (I doubt it), he should be happy that he is at NU this morning. I'll bet Urban last three years at OSU and has mediocre seasons. Gut instinct.

Bill Snyder, as previously mentioned.

Urban is going to do great at Ohio St. One thing about Meyer is that he tends to surround himself with very talented coaches. I would think his stay at Ohio St will be no different. Ohio St will come out of the gates fast next year and I wouldn't be surprised if they reach the conference championship. Even if they don't reach it next year, I predict Ohio St under Urban's leadership will win a Big 10 title before Nebraska.

i dont think ANYONE is questioning that he is a great coach and that he has the ability to do great things at ohio state, rather some of us are questioning whether he will be ABLE to coach due to his HEALTH within a couple to a few years. i promise you that despite what he or ESPN say he did not leave florida due to wanting to spend time with his family, he left because of his health. They care more about their football at ohio state than they do at florida and that equals more stress which was cited multiple times in relation to his health issues. If he is ABLE to coach for more than a few years then yes of course urban freaking meyer will succeed at ohio state. who the hell would question that?! but i think all anyone is saying is that if his health gets in the way then it will be short lived and that is the more likely outcome imo. i dont see how stating a simple observation is creating a stupid thread and to think my warning level was raised a couple days ago for calling a hawkeye troll (whom was clearly trying to bait posters) a name which is the title of a thread on this board and yet people are calling this dudes thread stupid simply because they dont agree! :dunno

I will be the first to admit that Urban is a great coach, and would be thrilled if we could have landed him prior to BC..... He will be good for the Big 10 and will put great teams on the field....BUT, before anyone just hands trophies and roses to OSU... I am interested in how this will shake out... I am truly interested in the following

1. How the NCAA handles sanctions against OSU...plus, Urban was a "popular" recruiter in the SEC

2. How many season's did Urban coach "without" Tebow ? Tebow is showing that he is something special , especially in ncaa (like him or not)

3. Will his offensive philosophy that worked in warmer weather climates work well in the midwest.... I think it will...similar to Michigan

4. Did Urban see writing on wall and decide to leave Florida "high and dry".... Mushchamp isn't a bad coach, not a ton of offensive talent there.

Urban loved some of what Nebraska did, and he will steal it....ha ... and , he was very critical of how Michigan used Robinson... He will put Miller in great situations.

As you can see, I am on the fence on how soon and at what level of success he will have.