DC Candidates?

For what it's worth, I've heard his hometown in Pennsylvania is about 200 miles from Youngstown. Close enough to qualify as "in the trusted circle" ??

Are you Eric Olson? ;)

Rick Kaczenski went to a Catholic high school and is from Erie, Pa. - 200 miles from Youngstown, Ohio. Is that within circle of trust?

LINK

Guess this answers the question. Looks like John Papuchis will be the DC with Rick Kaczenski taking over on the line. At least that is my take from this.

http://www.washingto...ws7O_story.html

How'd did you come to that conclusion when it never mentions Nebraska in that article and says nothing about JP? Makes no sense at all.......

Its called deductive reasoning. Iowa has stated they gave Bo permission to talk to Kaczenski. Papuch will have to give up some roll to take on the DC job. He is the DL & special teams coach & recruiting coordnator. If he gives up the DL job they will need to hire someone to fill it. Which brings us back to Kacenski, Iowa's now ex-DL coach that has been in contact with Bo.

Maybe he's moving back to the offensive side of the ball and taking over for Barney. No I don't have any sources. Just making things up as I go.

Kugler and Severe on USC just stated that JP and beck were the guys listed in the presser to be attending the "coordinators" event at the Capital One Bowl. They strongly hinted (actually said.) that they feel as if JP is the next DC and the Iowa guy (can't spell name) is the DL coach. I understand that they are just radio hosts, but Kugler does work for NETV and does a weekly Football show for the Huskers with Adrian Fiala. He isn't ALWAYS right, but after listening for years, he is right on his speculations a LOT more than he is wrong.

I know that JP would be the logical person to send since we do not have anyone is place... but Bo hasn't even given him the "interim" title, has he ? May mean nothing, but also may be close to official....depends on what glasses you look through

Football scoop is about as bad as bleacher report so until the OWH or LJS come out and report this stuff right now it's only rumor. All I've seen "officially" is that he's left Iowa for "another coaching opportunity." Bo has never come out and said, "yeah we've talked with him" or "yes he's coming here." Call it whatever you want, but until the university releases it it's just another rumor. Can't wait for the meh hire that may be JP. That should have our opponents shaking in their boots.

I think you're thinking of footballrumormill.com That place changes every 5 minutes as it only takes an email to get things on their. I know of people putting their names in as possible replacements for Peddy when he was fired and they reported it.

Of course we do have a few pranksters in the AD department. I know one person who reported that Steve Spurrier was leaving the Redskins to come to NU when we hired BC. He wanted to see if people would believe it. It took about 10 minutes to hit almost every internet board.

Ah, you know what, you're right, sorry about that. I've read that this guy was a pretty good defensive line coach for Iowa. Anyone heard much about him?

Football scoop is about as bad as bleacher report so until the OWH or LJS come out and report this stuff right now it's only rumor. All I've seen "officially" is that he's left Iowa for "another coaching opportunity." Bo has never come out and said, "yeah we've talked with him" or "yes he's coming here." Call it whatever you want, but until the university releases it it's just another rumor. Can't wait for the meh hire that may be JP. That should have our opponents shaking in their boots.

I think you're thinking of footballrumormill.com That place changes every 5 minutes as it only takes an email to get things on their. I know of people putting their names in as possible replacements for Peddy when he was fired and they reported it.

Of course we do have a few pranksters in the AD department. I know one person who reported that Steve Spurrier was leaving the Redskins to come to NU when we hired BC. He wanted to see if people would believe it. It took about 10 minutes to hit almost every internet board.

Ah, you know what, you're right, sorry about that. I've read that this guy was a pretty good defensive line coach for Iowa. Anyone heard much about him?

Sorry, again, another USC reference... they interviewed a guy from "Hawkeye Report" or something like that....he was a main Iowa reporter, and they talked about the DL..... This guy's opinion was that he is a very IN YOUR FACE coach, whom Farentz had to talk too about his manner a few times in the past years..... He also noted that since he arrived at Iowa, 6-7 DL players have transferred out. He thought that this was unusual, since Iowa has had a tremendous track record of sending DL to NFL.... He didn't sound like he was disappointed he was leaving...

You can probably listen to interview on 1620thezone.com.......... archive today's show

Guess this answers the question. Looks like John Papuchis will be the DC with Rick Kaczenski taking over on the line. At least that is my take from this.

http://www.washingto...ws7O_story.html

How'd did you come to that conclusion when it never mentions Nebraska in that article and says nothing about JP? Makes no sense at all.......

Its called deductive reasoning. Iowa has stated they gave Bo permission to talk to Kaczenski. Papuch will have to give up some roll to take on the DC job. He is the DL & special teams coach & recruiting coordnator. If he gives up the DL job they will need to hire someone to fill it. Which brings us back to Kacenski, Iowa's now ex-DL coach that has been in contact with Bo.

Maybe he's moving back to the offensive side of the ball and taking over for Barney. No I don't have any sources. Just making things up as I go.

Do you really believe Barney will not be back next year or in a office roll?

yup

I think Bo will give him 2 years to get things moving. If the line doesn't improve in that time frame. I think Bo will push for him to move into a office roll, but I don't see Bo firing him or TO letting him be fired.

I think Bo has already given him 4. Bo himself likely only has 2 years left, pending the outcome of the 2013 season. He won't hitch his wagon to Barney. That season is set up perfectly for an NC run. Barney's time is nearing it's end. If not this year then next - but I'd like to see Bo start planning for 2013 now, instead of after next season. Next season looks like a semi-rebuilding year at this point...lets build for 13'.

yup

I think Bo will give him 2 years to get things moving. If the line doesn't improve in that time frame. I think Bo will push for him to move into a office roll, but I don't see Bo firing him or TO letting him be fired.

I think Bo has already given him 4. Bo himself likely only has 2 years left, pending the outcome of the 2013 season. He won't hitch his wagon to Barney. That season is set up perfectly for an NC run. Barney's time is nearing it's end. If not this year then next - but I'd like to see Bo start planning for 2013 now, instead of after next season. Next season looks like a semi-rebuilding year at this point...lets build for 13'.

Why do you think this (just curious)

yup

Why do you think this (just curious)

If he does leave in 2 years its because he's tired of defending himself constantly when he shouldn't have to.

• Fire 1