Caputo - playing in the Cap-One Bowl?

knapplc

How many of you have honestly never drove after having a drink...or a few? My guess is most of you guys criticizing Caputo for doing this have done it yourselves. The guy is in college. College kids make mistakes all the time. I can't judge the guy when I have done the same thing before.

While I agree with the sentiment you are making here, I think the thing is that he is basically a high profile person. He should know it is the last thing he should do and will be scrutinized, not play, and affect his team. He is in college, and did something that most of us have, but he also has 120+ teammates and other people surrounding him that Im sure would have had no problem with picking him up, a luxury many college students dont have.

How many of you have honestly never drove after having a drink...or a few? My guess is most of you guys criticizing Caputo for doing this have done it yourselves. The guy is in college. College kids make mistakes all the time. I can't judge the guy when I have done the same thing before.

I've never driven after being anywhere close to the legal limit. I've certainly made mistakes before, but driving drunk is different. You're putting other people in danger, not just yourself. Not cool.

• Fire 1

There is nearly no way he didn't drive to that gas station. It's in the middle of nowhere. There isn't a bar within half a mile. He didn't park his car there and get a ride from his buddies, and he didn't walk there from the bars. He drove there. I'm sure there's security tape of the parking lot, so if he was dropped off, or walked, it'll come out. But it would be so highly unlikely that the odds aren't even worth talking about.

Hey loser...guess who gets to spend the rest of their life knowing that they screwed over their team and made an entire state easily forget about you and could care less about anything you've ever done? Keep drinking buddy. And by the way...Terrell Farley called..he wants to make sure you don't steal his legacy.

• Fire 1

Wow. You seriously couldn't talk anyone else into driving you around Caputo!!! :bang

This always makes me laugh in a sad way...these guys are rock stars in the state of Nebraska...they easily could call at least 3 cute girls who would drive them to Vancouver at any given moment if they just asked...hell, some cabbies would probably give them a free ride...yet they think they're above everything. Can do whatever the hell they want. And this is the result. Thankfully no one was killed or maimed because of stupidity.

I've never driven after being anywhere close to the legal limit. I've certainly made mistakes before, but driving drunk is different. You're putting other people in danger, not just yourself. Not cool.

So your telling me..

1. You don't drink, or only have like one..maybe two 12 oz. beers when you go out. Nothing wrong with that. My parents don't drink at all.

2. Spend a lot of money on cabs when you were in college...now...or both.

3. Have the BEST friends ever to drive you around and not have a drink themselves.

4. Love to walk long distances and maybe even love jogging...or yogging (if your Ron Burgundy) at the wee hours of the night.

Just curious as to which it is.

So your telling me..

1. You don't drink, or only have like one..maybe two 12 oz. beers when you go out. Nothing wrong with that. My parents don't drink at all.

3. Have the BEST friends ever to drive you around and not have a drink themselves.

4. Love to walk long distances and maybe even love jogging...or yogging (if your Ron Burgundy) at the wee hours of the night.

And again...more excuses...like it matters. But apparently there was an article involving a Huskerboard member who was arrested for DUI? Oh...wait...

So your telling me..

I'm curious. What's your motivation for making excuses for a guy who drove over the legal limit? "Everyone does it" is BS. Not everyone drinks too much and gets behind the wheel.

We can all still like Caputo and wish him well and still think he's a dumbass for drinking and driving. You don't have to cover for him.

• Fire 2

Never have, never will. Stupid to put other people and yourself in danger. Be responsible.