Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

I've got no idea - i just get those errors sometimes on HB. Every since you guys upgraded either the theme, or to 3.2.2 i've had some issues transitioning between browsers. this is just one of them. i'm actually getting ready to implement a board for a company and trying to decide between IP.Board and vBulletin. kind of on the fence.

I don't like the latest upgrade to IP Board, either. The version before this one was the best. The posting stuff is a pain on this version, and the user control panel and personal pages are way worse.

I also don't like the update to IP.Board.

also as final proof that the gif not displaying is not a firefox problem I give you the actual image link it's trying to display.

http://www.gifbin.com/img/hotlinking-disabled.gif

so gifbin doesn't want people using their bandwidth to display whatever image it was, not a browser problem

I've got no idea - i just get those errors sometimes on HB. Every since you guys upgraded either the theme, or to 3.2.2 i've had some issues transitioning between browsers. this is just one of them. i'm actually getting ready to implement a board for a company and trying to decide between IP.Board and vBulletin. kind of on the fence.

I don't like the latest upgrade to IP Board, either. The version before this one was the best. The posting stuff is a pain on this version, and the user control panel and personal pages are way worse.

I also don't like the update to IP.Board.

also as final proof that the gif not displaying is not a firefox problem I give you the actual image link it's trying to display.

http://www.gifbin.com/img/hotlinking-disabled.gif

so gifbin doesn't want people using their bandwidth to display whatever image it was, not a browser problem

makes sense. it just quite working for me on IE too.

Meh indeed, I should lock step with the dreamy eye batting for Bo crowd. Maybe even whine about Callahan once and awhile and try and get Solich back while I'm at it. Are there anymore Cottons we have to put through college? I sure hope so!!! Better?

No, you should just rehash all the tripe we hear about Bo ad infinitum around here. Oh, wait. That's what you're doing.

dancingkids.gif

You're right, it's a Huskerboard, just let me know how you want me to feel about us getting blown out in these pathetically easy schedules and I can add to all the excitement of getting punked by Northwestern at home, maybe Osborne should have taken their HC out for dinner while he was in town

Pathetically easy? Where the f**k have you been when knapp posted the Sagarin rankings on SOS? Do you just choose to read what you want and go "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I can't hear you blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah No that can't be right blah blah blah I'm more right you idiot" to the stuff that makes you look like an absolute idiot?

gu_20100326.jpg

• Fire 1

What's your problem 97? Anyone who knows jacks**t about college football knows that Bo is one of the best defensive mind in the game.

:lol: , lol. Bo knows one type of defense extremely well, but can't adjust it to defend different kinds of offenses. In addition, Bo is on of the best defensive minds in the game only when he has All Americans like Glenn Dorsey, Patrick Peterson, Suh, and Amukamara- none of whom he recruited. I will give him credit for Lavonte, but he really had nowhere else to go.

Checkmate

no way. you forgot rook to queen seven, or something.

BO does know defense, what he does not know, what no one knows, is how to tailor a defense to completely stop a type of offense in a particular conference and then tailor the exact same defense in one off season to stop a completely different offense in a completely different conference. give him some time to adjust to the new conference and some credit for what he did this year. i would guess it will be easier for him the stop the B1G offenses when he has the personnel and time than it was to stop the Big 12 offenses, which were just lighting up defenses.

it is unfair to criticize him for only being able to stop the spread, and silly. he effectively stopped the spread and when he had all the personnel he needed on the field, he has to drastically adjust for a completely different style of play.

I don't like the "new conference" argument. Northwestern runs the spread as does Michigan (for a little while longer) as does Purdue. NW is not Michigan is not Wisconsin is not Ohio St and on.

I don't think there is such a thing as "conference offenses". Each school is going to have their own style. NW has been a spread for many years now. Michigan doesn't want to be spread anymore, but they are able to adapt to their personnel. MSU and Iowa are "traditional" offenses. Most schools get the best athletes they can and adjust accordingly, which is something Bo has not fully done yet.

What's your problem 97? Anyone who knows jacks**t about college football knows that Bo is one of the best defensive mind in the game. Last I checked defense was pretty important (see BCS title game). Do you remember 2007?? Have a little patience.

If you're so embarrassed and unhappy with Bo and Nebraska please become a Hawkeye, it is very unlikely you will be missed.

Best defensive minds in the game eh? Which top 10 running game has he stopped? He has had the leisure of using other coaches recruited talent in his schemes here and there no doubt and to stumble upon some of the greatest football talent at 3 different schools made it appear as though his a great defensive mind, mostly against the spread. Its like when mature senior Suh made Carl look like a genius and since Suh, well...................I saw zero best defensive minds anywhere in our games this season. We will soon find out when he goes up against Spurrier won't we

Ok, now I know not to take you seriously. When is the last time the Big 12 had a top 10 rushing team?? It was a passing league if you don't remember. And he shut down every offense in it with the exception of Okie State for the first half last year. If we would have had any semblance of an offense in 09 or 10 we would have been B12 champs. Obviously the D was not great this year but neither was Alabama's last year. We were still able to shutout MSU and Iowa.

We couldn't get that lucky, theres legacies to protect. I surely wouldn't bring back the Frank Solich reunion circus which is what we got. First and foremost I would have told Callahan he fires Cosgrove or GTFO years ago. Same with Pelini and his Cottonesc type hires. When you have a failure such as Barney and you start firing people that got you 9 wins in your first season and keep Barney and his half dozen assistants, there is no hope. Yet another thing I would rather have be PSUs problem.

I would call PSU and beg them to take Pelini to assure at least one win per season by running straight at his defense with an occasional pass towards Cassidy type recruits.

I wouldn't cater to the Frank was robbed and we need to run ugly option football that anyone who stacks the box can stop.

I wouldn't allow unethical things like putting Cottons entire family through college.

Pay a little attention to Michigan, go after a proven winner with experience, someone who has taken total crap and turned it around. I would have already been flirting with people like Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, hell I would take Leach over Pelini

I was serious when I presented those questions to you. I was really hoping to get a similar response minus the "outside the box" scenario that kchusker_chris presented in a nice logical format. Something realistic in a persuasive speech kind of way.

The scenario I presented you was already laid out for you without having to attack anyone in the process since I offered that Pelini & Osborne were both gone in that scenario. Yet you continued to grind your axe using hyperbolic platitudes. We get it, you're severely unhappy with the current state of affairs at North Stadium. If you want to be taken seriously, because it is possible to be dissatisfied, yet have a valid argument to back it up, then take the floor and present some realistic solutions without resorting to ridicule.

I wouldn't want Turner Gill to sniff our offense, His Trev Alberts idea was interesting and I think he could somehow fit in our program. I don't want any stoops anywhere near the program. In fact, the whole Youngstown connection can remain as far from Lincoln as possible.

One of the biggest problems with Husker Football is this consistent need to hold on to Osborne and this old, tired, tradition coalition approach. Tom trying to appease the butt hurt Solich fans including bringing in a Iowa High School coaches helper and his entire offspring.

See, theres these things called opinions and I told you a couple coaches, I also told you we needed to rid the program of Osborne ( probably our biggest problem) and thats not enough for you. Our entire fall from grace has been a direct product of Osborne playing AD even when he wasn't AD, Byrne was. Sorry I wasn't outside the box enough for you

• Fire 1

Meh indeed, I should lock step with the dreamy eye batting for Bo crowd. Maybe even whine about Callahan once and awhile and try and get Solich back while I'm at it. Are there anymore Cottons we have to put through college? I sure hope so!!! Better?

No, you should just rehash all the tripe we hear about Bo ad infinitum around here. Oh, wait. That's what you're doing.

dancingkids.gif

You're right, it's a Huskerboard, just let me know how you want me to feel about us getting blown out in these pathetically easy schedules and I can add to all the excitement of getting punked by Northwestern at home, maybe Osborne should have taken their HC out for dinner while he was in town

Pathetically easy? Where the f**k have you been when knapp posted the Sagarin rankings on SOS? Do you just choose to read what you want and go "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I can't hear you blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah No that can't be right blah blah blah I'm more right you idiot" to the stuff that makes you look like an absolute idiot?

gu_20100326.jpg

Sagarin, really? I will actually look at the facts like all other idiots like this guy http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/09/30/boise-state-nebraska-schedules/index.html Let me guess you're one of the Big Ten is Tough folks. Big scary Wisconsin vs MSU in the first B1G Champ game! Impressive!

• Fire 1

We couldn't get that lucky, theres legacies to protect. I surely wouldn't bring back the Frank Solich reunion circus which is what we got. First and foremost I would have told Callahan he fires Cosgrove or GTFO years ago. Same with Pelini and his Cottonesc type hires. When you have a failure such as Barney and you start firing people that got you 9 wins in your first season and keep Barney and his half dozen assistants, there is no hope. Yet another thing I would rather have be PSUs problem.

I would call PSU and beg them to take Pelini to assure at least one win per season by running straight at his defense with an occasional pass towards Cassidy type recruits.

I wouldn't cater to the Frank was robbed and we need to run ugly option football that anyone who stacks the box can stop.

I wouldn't allow unethical things like putting Cottons entire family through college.

Pay a little attention to Michigan, go after a proven winner with experience, someone who has taken total crap and turned it around. I would have already been flirting with people like Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, hell I would take Leach over Pelini

I was serious when I presented those questions to you. I was really hoping to get a similar response minus the "outside the box" scenario that kchusker_chris presented in a nice logical format. Something realistic in a persuasive speech kind of way.

The scenario I presented you was already laid out for you without having to attack anyone in the process since I offered that Pelini & Osborne were both gone in that scenario. Yet you continued to grind your axe using hyperbolic platitudes. We get it, you're severely unhappy with the current state of affairs at North Stadium. If you want to be taken seriously, because it is possible to be dissatisfied, yet have a valid argument to back it up, then take the floor and present some realistic solutions without resorting to ridicule.

I wouldn't want Turner Gill to sniff our offense, His Trev Alberts idea was interesting and I think he could somehow fit in our program. I don't want any stoops anywhere near the program. In fact, the whole Youngstown connection can remain as far from Lincoln as possible.

One of the biggest problems with Husker Football is this consistent need to hold on to Osborne and this old, tired, tradition coalition approach. Tom trying to appease the butt hurt Solich fans including bringing in a Iowa High School coaches helper and his entire offspring.

See, theres these things called opinions and I told you a couple coaches, I also told you we needed to rid the program of Osborne ( probably our biggest problem) and thats not enough for you. Our entire fall from grace has been a direct product of Osborne playing AD even when he wasn't AD, Byrne was. Sorry I wasn't outside the box enough for you

Do you realistically believe Petersen or Patterson or any other "big name" coach would seriously consider taking the Nebraska job after booting a 9-win coach and a legacy AD? The reason I ask is because of this comment from Urban Meyer last April:

Q: One last Nebraska question — in late 2003, NU fired its coach, Frank Solich. You were coaching at Utah. Was there any part of you that perhaps thought about looking at the job?

UM: “We actually were contacted by a third party. Not directly. I remember thinking about it. I had such great respect for Solich — he's an Ohio guy who's a good friend of mine — and I didn't agree with everything that went down. He won 10 games that year, right? That was alarming to me. I'm a coach, and whenever I see that happening to a coach, I think there's got to be something behind Door No. 1 to fire him after he won 10 games. I remember having great respect for the school but being concerned about what happened — and why it happened. If 10 games isn't good enough, I'm not sure what is.”

LINK

• Fire 2

Sagarin, really? I will actually look at the facts like all other idiots like this guy http://sportsillustr...ules/index.html Let me guess you're one of the Big Ten is Tough folks. Big scary Wisconsin vs MSU in the first B1G Champ game! Impressive!

I don't see what makes Mandel better than Sagarin, if that's the point you're trying to make. There's nothing definitive about anything in the sports analysis world - everything is usable for evaluation purposes.

Sagarin, really? I will actually look at the facts like all other idiots like this guy http://sportsillustr...ules/index.html Let me guess you're one of the Big Ten is Tough folks. Big scary Wisconsin vs MSU in the first B1G Champ game! Impressive!

I don't see what makes Mandel better than Sagarin, if that's the point you're trying to make. There's nothing definitive about anything in the sports analysis world - everything is usable for evaluation purposes.

I never said Mandel was better than Sagarin, Mandel just pointed out Boise has a SOS of #30 and we had one of #96 the week Texas beat us in Lincoln. One of the few teams Texas beat that year which pretty much sums up the Pelini era in a hand basket