Corey Raymond

majech

Sort of mixed on what Raymond said. He probably should have kept it in house but it does reveal what a lot of us have been harping on all year. I'd rather have someone in his position say this type of stuff then Bo...the head coach just can't get into this stuff publicly.

I do hope Raymond can get the athletes here we need and at least I feel better that they know the personnel we have is not going to cut it. Why we didn't see more of our athletes on the field this year, I will never know. Probably would have had some learning mistakes but dang we'd be in a much better place than we are now. Gotta hope we can fill it with Juco's and recruits and not seeing that right now. Land QL and that will be a step in the right direction but I am down on this defense next year (lose David, Dennard, Crick, and T Moore).

their wasn't a real point to it.

These are all players that Bo and his staff (minus Raymond and Fisher) recruited. Basically by coming out and saying the talent isn’t there is saying, that until Raymond got here, the staff wasn’t doing its jobs as recruiter and/or talent developers but now that he is here it is all going to change. So pretty much he called out his boss and fellow coaches as well as the players.

These are all players that Bo and his staff (minus Raymond and Fisher) recruited. Basically by coming out and saying the talent isn’t there is saying, that until Raymond got here, the staff wasn’t doing its jobs as recruiter and/or talent developers but now that he is here it is all going to change. So pretty much he called out his boss and fellow coaches as well as the players.

:yeah

This is an issue that Bo will definitely have to address this offseason, and very soon. No matter how good a coach or recruiter Corey Raymond is, Bo CANNOT allow one of his own coaches to be insubordinate. You are exactly right, Raymond basically called out his boss and fellow coaches as well as the players that were recruited by those coaches. It showed a lack of class by Coach Raymond to throw his current players under the bus at the end of the season after he had worked with them all year.

I expect in the next week or so we will see an apology statement by Coach Raymond about his remarks. If we don't, as a Husker fan I will be very disappointed.

I love it and Agree 100%. We have some players on this team and we have some talent. But by no means do we have ATHLETES to go toe to toe with the SEC. I was so pissed watching the game. That Gamecock team came to play with fire and attitude. They hit us in the mouth when the ball went over the middle. Their Dline threw our oline to the ground damn near every play or around the pile. The only player we had they didnt take it and pushed back took it a little to far and got booted out of the game.

And I know everyone will disagree with me but until our kids start playing with some real fire and attitude (SUH LIKE ATTIDDUE, MAYBE THATS WHY HE WAS SO GOOD AND ACTUALLY LEARNED UNDER PELINI) and not this U hit me late and its all peachy attitude we wont compete with the BIG boys. We will still win or 8,9 games a year but nothing else.

Funny thing that he said this. I just had this conversation with a guy at the coffee shop the other day - saying how I wonder if part of the problem with this team is that we walk out of the tunnel thinking "We're Nebraska" as if that still means what it used to mean. When the reality that we are NOT that Nebraska hits, these teams seem to collapse. These collapses span three coaches. They span more than a decade. The one constant is the N on the side of the helmet.

I think, maybe, it's why teams come in to Lincoln as big underdogs and give us a huge battle - or beat us (2009 ISU, 2010 NW). They know we're not that Nebraska. Maybe it's time we learned that, too.

Great coments. In the past, we beat a team this year so badly so that for the remainder of the contract/conference etc we had already won. No one wanted face NU again after the beating that they received the previous years. We were a mean physical team that teams honestly feared to play after playing us once. We lost that edge, that mystique. Raymond, a non-Nebraska guy seems to get that with his comments. Time folks remembered what Nebraska was and get back to that. Beck this includes your crappy play calling.

Yep, and when we had that "edge" when did you EVER hear our coaches publicly question our players heart, talent, and fight? Never. That is now what great coaches do. Period. Even if it is true, you don't publicly berate your players. Players need to want to run through a wall for their coaches and have 100% belief and trust in them. Do you think our secondary players will feel that way about Raymond now? I highly doubt it. It's like the kid on the playground that runs to Mommy, even if he is right...all credibility is gone.

Not good form to say this publicly even if it is something that he truly thinks. We miss you Marvin.

Why? We excuse Bo not being able to handle the media but we crucify an assistant coach, why does Bo get a pass when he should know better than Raymond, btw Raymond is not wrong. Or we're o.k. when the "Jamal Drill" is used by a coach (which went just as public as what Raymond said), but a coach can't say he wish he could play different players.

And we might just want to let the Marvin thing go.

lol, when has Bo gotten a pass with how he handles the media? I see him torched all the time for that.

:yeah

This is an issue that Bo will definitely have to address this offseason, and very soon. No matter how good a coach or recruiter Corey Raymond is, Bo CANNOT allow one of his own coaches to be insubordinate. You are exactly right, Raymond basically called out his boss and fellow coaches as well as the players that were recruited by those coaches. It showed a lack of class by Coach Raymond to throw his current players under the bus at the end of the season after he had worked with them all year.

I expect in the next week or so we will see an apology statement by Coach Raymond about his remarks. If we don't, as a Husker fan I will be very disappointed.

i agree, Raymond just sh#t in his mess kit and by now he regrets it i am sure.

Didn't he state when he got here that the secondary could not play like they have going into the BIG. The "physical style" would not be allowed and he was going to teach them "finesse". Again, yet another dig at the coaching staff. It appears he knows more than most mortal men. Glad to see that worked for him this year.

appears as an obvious contradiction.....CR will learn to keep his mouth shut...maybe.

Here's what I like about Raymond: He isn't into the coachspeak. He's going to tell you how things are, and if you don't like it, too bad. And you can't really say he's wrong, can you? (Let the bashing of this sentence commence...) You can't truly expect players like Thorell, Blatchford to compete week in and week out againts players like Alshon Jeffrey? Cunningham from MSU? Toon, Abrederis? And if we were in the Big 12, Blackmon, Broyles, Stills, etc. Or that if Thorell, Blatchford were small town kids in Oklahoma or Louisiana, that they'd be starting for their schools there?

The second thing that I like about it him is this: After he tells you straight up what is wrong, he takes full responsibility for his position as the coach of that secondary to make sure it gets fixed. Those results can be seen already in the type of players he is recruiting and the type of players he is starting to bring into Nebraska. Not only is he trying to take responsibility for his secondary, he's tyring to bring that swagger and skill level back to all phases of that defense. You can't fault him for trying to fix the very flawed pieces of our defense that we like to complain about here on the board.

:thumbsto you sir..........What people don't realize is that our secondary lost Prince/Hagg/Gomes. Hard to replace that and the secondary was the least of my worries this year. Our D-line was much much weaker than our secondary. They are Slow and I get that we run the 2-gap technique, but when I see a QB only having to side step to completely juke our DL out of their shoes............Not good.......I love that coach Raymond is coming in a mixing it up, and the guy so far has been a HELL of a recruiter

Funny thing that he said this. I just had this conversation with a guy at the coffee shop the other day - saying how I wonder if part of the problem with this team is that we walk out of the tunnel thinking "We're Nebraska" as if that still means what it used to mean. When the reality that we are NOT that Nebraska hits, these teams seem to collapse. These collapses span three coaches. They span more than a decade. The one constant is the N on the side of the helmet.

I think, maybe, it's why teams come in to Lincoln as big underdogs and give us a huge battle - or beat us (2009 ISU, 2010 NW). They know we're not that Nebraska. Maybe it's time we learned that, too.

Great coments. In the past, we beat a team this year so badly so that for the remainder of the contract/conference etc we had already won. No one wanted face NU again after the beating that they received the previous years. We were a mean physical team that teams honestly feared to play after playing us once. We lost that edge, that mystique. Raymond, a non-Nebraska guy seems to get that with his comments. Time folks remembered what Nebraska was and get back to that. Beck this includes your crappy play calling.

Yep, and when we had that "edge" when did you EVER hear our coaches publicly question our players heart, talent, and fight? Never. That is now what great coaches do. Period. Even if it is true, you don't publicly berate your players. Players need to want to run through a wall for their coaches and have 100% belief and trust in them. Do you think our secondary players will feel that way about Raymond now? I highly doubt it. It's like the kid on the playground that runs to Mommy, even if he is right...all credibility is gone.

I hear ya. Bo aint TO. Nowhere even close. Neither were any of the teams he fielded comparable to anything we have had since 1997.

Raymond said what every fan has been thinking the past 2-3 yrs. Was it the right venue, no. Is it the truth? Yes. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Never thought about the angle saying Bo's recruiting sux.

It also doesn't really help when we have athletes like Osborne, Smith, JT, Vooper, the triplets etc that were either in the doghouse or never got a shot.