From a "fan"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9-4 IS NOT MEDIOCRITY!!!!

AVERAGING 9.5 WINS A SEASON IS NOT MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!

BEING ONE GAME FROM A BCS BOWL (MICHIGAN) IS NOT MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEING 4 POINTS FROM TWO CONSECTUTIVE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS IS NOT MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHARING A DIVISION TITLE A YEAR AFTER BEING BOWL INELIGIBLE IS NOT MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing mediocre around here seems to be the football acumen of several posters....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....there, I feel much better. :D

Sure, I wanted the Huskers to win the B1G and play in a BCS bowl. Yes, I was disappointed with the big losses. However, I will never call this team (2011) "mediocre". This team was ranked in the top 25 all season long, that means they are in the top 20% of division 1 college football.

• Fire 4

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEING 4 POINTS FROM TWO CONSECTUTIVE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS IS NOT MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHARING A DIVISION TITLE A YEAR AFTER BEING BOWL INELIGIBLE IS NOT MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing mediocre around here seems to be the football acumen of several posters....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, I wanted the Huskers to win the B1G and play in a BCS bowl. Yes, I was disappointed with the big losses. However, I will never call this team (2011) "mediocre". This team was ranked in the top 25 all season long, that means they are in the top 20% of division 1 college football.

If I could like this comment any more I'd have to stitch it to a throw pillow.

• Fire 1

Resiliency? How about The Ohio state comeback anyone? Sure their qb went down but what sparked the comeback? Everyone is so quick to just point out the flaws - we were a couple odd bounces of the ball (their first play where Lavonte punched the ball out but it went out of bounds) and a half second (they ended up missing the field goal but they got a delay of game penalty that shaw had fumbled into the endzone and we recovered) from a very different game. Also remember the Michigan game - we has just forced the second three n out of the game and Michigan was punting from ther own endzone - we were poised for a comeback too and who knows how that game woulda ended up. We are on the right track people were just waiting to put it together on both sides of the ball - gotta believe!

You are correct! This is not mediocrity. It is abject failure. Top programs do not go 9-4, they win conference championships and they compete on a high level for national championships.

You are correct! This is not mediocrity. It is abject failure. Top programs do not go 9-4, they win conference championships and they compete on a high level for national championships.

Top programs also go through cycles of being up and down, just like we were down during Callahan era. We are on the rebound, but it will still take time.

So there are eight top programs in the country, total? Only eight teams have won nine or more games each of the past four years. Nebraska is one of them. I wouldn't call that abject failure.

Yeah...but...but...but...Bo is 10-7 in his last 17 games....so there.

And in case you try reply to the concept of "it takes time to rebuild programs", don't use Michigan and say that should apply to all programs.

The problem is for me we used to hang with the top programs and now we can't. we took a step backwards. Martinez isn't a threat anymore with his legs that he used to be so now he must become a better passer. It just seems like instead of expanding our threats on offense it is slowly shrinking and we become predictable in what we do.