Saban last night

And established coach would have his own ideas of how to do something, and I feel Bo wants to run the whole thing his way, no changes, no advice. People that are control freaks normally hire within. People who will respond the way he wants them to. A tighter ship so to speak. Seldom go out looking for new ideas or ways of doing some thing. Just a thought.

and a pretty accurate thought at that.

Did anyone watching the game last night notice how Pissed off Saban got when they got a penalty. Why is it ok for him to go pissy on his players and tv but not pelini?

Did you see Saban and Miles' interviews going into halftime? Considerate, informative, to the point. LSU at that point had about 40 yards of offense and Miles was able to put together 150 words that didn't include "we'll be fine" -- Compare that with Bo. Bo's sideline demeanor is just one of his many issues when it comes to the public's perception of him. Put it all together and that's why it's an issue for Pelini and not Saban.

Don't you think that's only because they've been dealing with the press longer? I'm sorry but I think it's incredibly stupid for those reporters to stick a microphone into a coach's face when he needs to get to the locker room and get his team ready for the next half. What would you rather have? Bo blow up at him or have Bo say something that at the time he believed or thought would be better? It only sounded ridiculous after the fact, because they lost. Had the Huskers won the reporters would've said 'Bo said they would be just fine and they were!...blah blah blah. Even Alabama's quarterback talked about on the national news after the game that Saban 'ripped into me'. but the only difference between Saban and Bo is winning. So after Bo wins a couple or more championships then folks will just say that he's always been 'passionate/zealous/moved/emotional' et al I can't wait til that happens.

I think you pretty much nailed it. When it comes down to it, this is still Bo's first Head coaching job. He has experienced a lot of things over the past few years that as an assistant he hadn't ran into. Two of the things that he has obviously struggled with is handling the media, which i am sure with time he will become better about like you said. Also i think a big thing is that he is learning how to recruit better. He has brought in some real good players in his classes but he needs to learn to balances recruits out. For example bringing in 3 really good running backs in the same class probably wasn't the best idea, but when its all said and done, Bo will figure out how to do things as his coaching career matures and I do believe he will win a NC. So why run him out of town and let him do it somewhere else.

This excuse is wearing about as thin as the "taylor is only a sophomore" BS we are STILL hearing from all the defenders. 4 years! That's a long a$$ time in any job. If he's here 20 years from now it will still be his "first head coaching job" - will we still excuse him then? The only thing that matters to me is that in his 56th game as head coach of Nebraska, he was no more in control than he was in the 5th. Having attitude and fire is one thing - even yelling at players if it motivates them in a positive way...but Bo loses it for 20 solid minutes and as goes his temper, so goes the game.

Loses it for 20 minutes? When did that happen?

Did anyone watching the game last night notice how Pissed off Saban got when they got a penalty. Why is it ok for him to go pissy on his players and tv but not pelini?

Did you see Saban and Miles' interviews going into halftime? Considerate, informative, to the point. LSU at that point had about 40 yards of offense and Miles was able to put together 150 words that didn't include "we'll be fine" -- Compare that with Bo. Bo's sideline demeanor is just one of his many issues when it comes to the public's perception of him. Put it all together and that's why it's an issue for Pelini and not Saban.

Don't you think that's only because they've been dealing with the press longer? I'm sorry but I think it's incredibly stupid for those reporters to stick a microphone into a coach's face when he needs to get to the locker room and get his team ready for the next half. What would you rather have? Bo blow up at him or have Bo say something that at the time he believed or thought would be better? It only sounded ridiculous after the fact, because they lost. Had the Huskers won the reporters would've said 'Bo said they would be just fine and they were!...blah blah blah. Even Alabama's quarterback talked about on the national news after the game that Saban 'ripped into me'. but the only difference between Saban and Bo is winning. So after Bo wins a couple or more championships then folks will just say that he's always been 'passionate/zealous/moved/emotional' et al I can't wait til that happens.

I think you pretty much nailed it. When it comes down to it, this is still Bo's first Head coaching job. He has experienced a lot of things over the past few years that as an assistant he hadn't ran into. Two of the things that he has obviously struggled with is handling the media, which i am sure with time he will become better about like you said. Also i think a big thing is that he is learning how to recruit better. He has brought in some real good players in his classes but he needs to learn to balances recruits out. For example bringing in 3 really good running backs in the same class probably wasn't the best idea, but when its all said and done, Bo will figure out how to do things as his coaching career matures and I do believe he will win a NC. So why run him out of town and let him do it somewhere else.

This excuse is wearing about as thin as the "taylor is only a sophomore" BS we are STILL hearing from all the defenders. 4 years! That's a long a$$ time in any job. If he's here 20 years from now it will still be his "first head coaching job" - will we still excuse him then? The only thing that matters to me is that in his 56th game as head coach of Nebraska, he was no more in control than he was in the 5th. Having attitude and fire is one thing - even yelling at players if it motivates them in a positive way...but Bo loses it for 20 solid minutes and as goes his temper, so goes the game.

No offense but those are not excuses-they are facts. Bo is young and I'm sorry but 4 years is not a long time especially considering that he received such a package of crappola when he first got here. He had to attack that one item at a time. He was hired for defense and he cleaned up our defense pretty good. Next step was offense. Look at the way they're playing now. If we would've had that kind of offense with the Suh defense we would've won the B12 championship and our bowl game as well. Year three he's starting to recruit the kind of players that he needs for the B12 only to find that going in to year four he's moving to a new conference. So again, no offense but those are not excuses. They are facts. The whole situation is reality.

I also disagree with your assertion that he 'lost it for 20 minute'. He lost it for about 2 minutes but it was worth it and if you watched the game the reason he lost it was because one of his guys got called on a bogus PI call on an uncatchable ball! I know what I saw that call I just about hit the ceiling!!

This Husker team is a work in progress. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I look forward to next year with excitement. It's been some ride and it's just begun! GBR!!

I agree, but it needs to be taken as a possiblity. But if it was the situation, it would some what explain the lack of interest in more experienced coaches being brought in to help.

I hope he gets squared away this year, so all this stuff goes away.

I have shared this a couple of times so if it's a repeat on this thread just ignore it. But what I find interesting is the players point of view. One of the things that stayed with me after I watched Big Red Wrap Up last night was when Tyler Legate or Austin Cassidy (can't remember which one) said, 'It's really hard when people talk about things that they think are happening to the team and we know the truth.' I respect your wife's position, I really do, but those boys love Bo. They respect him and I don't think it's out of fear. He's like a Dad to alot of them. I agree with the poster who said that the only 'Bo' people get to see is the angry-yelling one. Again, I really encourage your wife to watch the post interview after the Penn State Game. I think it will give her pause-it sure made a difference for me.

Saban hit his QB. That wasn't just a slap on the ass. He reared back and popped him. There is no way that would have gone unnoticed if Bo did that.

We have a winner.

The only thing more tired than Bo chewing ass are the people who are whining about Bo chewing ass and saying that it effects the team negatively.

And established coach would have his own ideas of how to do something, and I feel Bo wants to run the whole thing his way, no changes, no advice. People that are control freaks normally hire within. People who will respond the way he wants them to. A tighter ship so to speak. Seldom go out looking for new ideas or ways of doing some thing. Just a thought.

If you guys don't think that Saban or Meyer are control freaks, even moreso than Bo, then I have some oceanfront property in Scottsbluff for sale.

Heck, the almighty one himself, Tom Osborne was as much of a control freak as Bo, and if you talk to the refs from that time, he chewed their asses quite a bit .

• Fire 1

This thread seems to inflate the impact of Bo's attitude on the fanbase as a whole, while we all arent supportive of his actions, i would imagine that it isnt going to alter anyone's status as a Husker fan.... If the attitude/actions thaht Bo is displaying causes someone to stop being a fan of Nebraska, then they werent a fan to begin with. That comes from a whole new level of sensitivity, and i would hate to see some of the other unrational decisions made by that person....

Explain to me how it is accurate without having a third variable problem?

If your not a blind following fing duck you are not a fan. Got it.

No one's saying that. I, and I think others find it odd that Pelini's antics was the straw that broke the camel's back, not the, you know, punchy, rapey, felony stuff that's happened in the past. (which coincidentally, happened when NU was a top 5 team. Or even Devaney's similar behavior for that matter.

You can't say it was a different time, the acts are the acts, and that argument implies that it was fine in earlier times to beat your spouse, but not now.

To many, it just looks like you guys have a problem with Pelini, and that's not fair to him.

Trust me Sox at 65 years old, sex is not quite what it was. That would be the furthest thing on my mind.

I think it is because it is so out there, I hear it at least once a week. But I hear it from people that I would not expect to hear it from. Fringe fans that do not follow our program at all.

She never followed Devaney really before her time as a Nebraska fan. Missouri grad and loyal to Missouri for quite awhile. She was not happy about Philips either, but figured there were two sides to every story. Pelini just rubs her the wrong way I guess.

But he seems to rub a lot of people the wrong way.

I still support him, but I do not build the great coach shrines to him like most do here. He is nothing but an average coach in my mind. I have seen nothing to put him on a level with the top coaches. He has not won anything of importance. He has a losing record against top 15 programs, much worse than the three Nebraska coaches ahead of him. (I do not count Clownahan as a Nebraska coach.) I see him as vastly over paid.

I do not care about if's woulda, coulda, shoulda, close, 1 point. That means nothing but we lost.

I think, I repeat I think he is good person, and will win this battle, but he does not make it easy on himself by any means. I think there are far more haters out there than you realize. If that number continues to grow due to his actions on the field it will get louder and louder. And I think that it will have little to do with wins and losses.

Currently in my mind he is not a good face for the University of Nebraska. Hopefully he will be someday.

I am not a hater. I just do not see us moving forward as quickly as some do. I do not see us becoming a recruiting giant, that I thought we could have improved with the addition of Zook or Stoops. I do not see much improvement in control team wise. I have seen marked improvement in his on the field actions. I think he will continue to lead us to 9 win seasons, I do not think in the next 5 years we will see a conference championship nor a MNC.

For me if he cleans up his sideline routine, wins the 9 games he can stay as long as he likes. That is all I ask of him or any coach, be respectable, live up to our traditions and run a clean program. He has done the latter and raised our academic standards and that is a big plus for me.

His one short fall for me is the image he portrays, and that to the general public becomes the image of Nebraska as a program.

Anything to win.

Loses it for 20 minutes? When did that happen?

Did you watch the game? His tirade went on through commercial and into the next series. It was a minimum of 20 minutes w/ a few breaks in there where he might have actually coached. You can count those as individual blow ups if you want - I just saw it as 20 minutes of hysteria. I'd say it was about 60 minutes at A&M. Likewise he took a few breaks in there, but ultimately a good chunk of the second half was the "Bo Pelini Blow Up". Count it as 10 individual psychotic spells as well if you wish.

I like Pelini as our coach. I don't like some of his staff decisions. I don't like his blow ups. I will not defend him on the temper. There's a line, and he crosses it 2-3 times a season. When faced with adversity, this is often the course Bo takes. How can you believe there isn't a correlation between these actions and how our team deals with adversity? The actions and outcomes of both are eerily similar. There is absolutely nothing positive that can come from it - so it is in fact wasted effort, wasted time in a game who's outcome is often determined minute by minute.