SIGNED LB Josh Banderas

Pelini tells kids not to commit until they are sure... Josh wants to see who else will be interested in him. He wants to see what kind of offers a kid from Nebraska can get... he's making a statement... i'm not 100% on Nebraska, offer me. Will he sign with NU in the end? yes. But he wants to have some fun to see how many big offers he can get. It only makes us look better if a kid with offers from USC, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, etc. chooses NU. Maybe he's doing this to help the school out.

I hope we never disrespect any kid looking to go to college. If we get to the point to where a poisition may be filling up I hope we would just call and let them know, and not be the Bully.

I'm not saying be a bully. I'm saying don't let these kids feel like they hold all the cards! We have more to offer these kids than they do the university, is basically what I'm trying to say.

I still feel he'll be N, he's just dragging it out. Although, I would like to see what happens if other LB prospects commit before he does. It may force his hand as far as a commitment goes. Let's see what happens after the spring game.

I see what you're saying. I would like to get any verbals from our offer list, no matter who gets pushed aside! Nebraska needs to become a school that says " you wanna play games, hope we don't fill your spot before you decide" shat or get off the pot!

I don't feel nor suggest we bully a kid into a commitment, not our staff's style anyhow. I was just merely presenting a scenario where we get verbals from other LBers before Bandeas' decision and the likelihood he'd continue to entertain the threat of going somewhere else. Now if our staff were like other schools, one particularly in our division, that use high pressure tactics, he'd probably show up on our commit list already.

Pelini tells kids not to commit until they are sure... Josh wants to see who else will be interested in him. He wants to see what kind of offers a kid from Nebraska can get... he's making a statement... i'm not 100% on Nebraska, offer me. Will he sign with NU in the end? yes. But he wants to have some fun to see how many big offers he can get. It only makes us look better if a kid with offers from USC, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, Alabama, etc. chooses NU. Maybe he's doing this to help the school out.

It's a nice thought, but he is doing it because he has legit interest in other schools. I do think he will end up as a Husker, but he is enjoying his process.

It's a nice thought, but he is doing it because he has legit interest in other schools. I do think he will end up as a Husker, but he is enjoying his process.

Never thought of that...if he gets those big name offers it would be pretty cool to see him go on TV NSD and pick us....

Never thought of that...if he gets those big name offers it would be pretty cool to see him go on TV NSD and pick us....

It'd be nice to see a Husker hat picked, but that ain't really Pelini's style.

I really think we get this guy. I think he waits it out to commit though. We don't have any other LB commits so he isn't in danger of losing a spot or fighting for a final spot.

Josh Banderas will NEVER have to FIGHT for "a spot". If he wants to be a Husker, he will be a Husker no matter the number of open slots left.

Josh is visiting schools that he is actually interested in. Can't fault him for "seeing the world" outside of Lincoln. No point is being made, he just wants to get the most out of this experience and see what else is out there.

For the record though I wouldn't get to worked up or worry about this kid.

I really think we get this guy. I think he waits it out to commit though. We don't have any other LB commits so he isn't in danger of losing a spot or fighting for a final spot.

HAHA we really don't have any recruits when compared to other top notch programs..... I am usually VERY positive but we are def struggling picking up some quality guys right now..... I dont think we have to worry about filling up any positions for a while......

his numbers in sprints/hurdles....amazing. hurdles translate to football, especially pursuing the ball through traffic.

we have a stud.

Hurdles translate to football!!! WHAT THE F_CK? I ran hurdles man! None of them were 6-5 320 trying to plant me in the ground! And if you're referencing people laying on the ground and having to "HURDLE" them, all I can say is NO FRIGGIN WAY BRO!