Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 2/22/2022 at 8:17 PM, JJ Husker said:

Started Archive tonight. WTF. This is some freaky s#!t.

How's it going?

Watched Icarus on Netflix about the Russian doping scandal. Pretty interesting but not surprising. 

Anyone watch The Last Kingdom? Had some people recommend it

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

How's it going?

Watched Icarus on Netflix about the Russian doping scandal. Pretty interesting but not surprising. 

I just finished the 2nd season of Last Kingdom.  I have really liked it.  Good historical fiction.  

12 minutes ago, GSG said:

How's it going?

I’ve got like 3 episodes left. It’s pretty freaky but I like it so far.

I also plan to watch the Last Kingdom.

11 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I just finished the 2nd season of Last Kingdom.  I have really liked it.  Good historical fiction.  

Have you watched Game of Thrones? We had some people tell us they liked Last Kingdom better

11 hours ago, GSG said:

Have you watched Game of Thrones? We had some people tell us they liked Last Kingdom better

I have not.  I was told it is similar.  I guess I like it because I liked looking back on history and understanding the how England came about and all of struggles of these city states.  

I don't participate much in this thread because I have a hard time getting "sucked in" to shows.

I'm a couple years late, but the other day I discovered "Upload" on AmazonPrime.  And I'm "sucked in".  Anyone else know about this show and if the second season will ever happen?

13 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don't participate much in this thread because I have a hard time getting "sucked in" to shows.

I'm a couple years late, but the other day I discovered "Upload" on AmazonPrime.  And I'm "sucked in".  Anyone else know about this show and if the second season will ever happen?

You're in luck, season 2 is dropping next Friday, March 11  https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a32445110/upload-season-2-release-date-amazon-prime/

I remember watching it and liking it but I don't recall a lot of details :wacko:

On 3/3/2022 at 11:33 AM, Archy1221 said:

Vikings Valhalla season 1 on Netflix was good.  Takes place 100 years after the original Vikings TV ended. 

I may try that next.

I started The Last Kingdom a couple nights ago but am having trouble staying engaged. The historically accurate parts are interesting but the fiction part is sort of driving the bus. I liked GoT much much better and that was just fantasy.

Plus I haven’t finished Archive 81. 3 episodes left and I’m not sure I’ll do it. I guess that one didn’t hit me too good either.

Thinking about a run through 24 again. Yes Mr. President.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I may try that next.

I started The Last Kingdom a couple nights ago but am having trouble staying engaged. The historically accurate parts are interesting but the fiction part is sort of driving the bus. I liked GoT much much better and that was just fantasy.

Plus I haven’t finished Archive 81. 3 episodes left and I’m not sure I’ll do it. I guess that one didn’t hit me too good either.

I did a 24 rewatch...Got to season 7 and then just stopped. 

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I may try that next.

I think you will like it.  Decently accurate historical wise and the storyline is good and acting was good.   Plus I like those period pieces.   

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I did a 24 rewatch...Got to season 7 and then just stopped. 

7 is a good place to stop, 6 maybe better. IMO everything after and including Redemption just isn’t as good. The writer’s strike hurt them and then they went all soft on terrorists. A pretty stark departure from the first 6 seasons.

12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

7 is a good place to stop, 6 maybe better. IMO everything after and including Redemption just isn’t as good. The writer’s strike hurt them and then they went all soft on terrorists. A pretty stark departure from the first 6 seasons.

Yeah, it was fun to watch it again but it really starts get a little lame.

It really was must see TV for me back in the day.