Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Oppenhemier: really good!

This is the first time I've actually seen the Best Picture before it was the Best Picture since I have no idea when.

And I could probably use to watch it again.  It was indeed really good.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

This is the first time I've actually seen the Best Picture before it was the Best Picture since I have no idea when.

And I could probably use to watch it again.  It was indeed really good.

I'm excited to rewatch with subtitles since Nolan insists on having the weirdest sound mixing in his theater experience and I don't have great hearing so I end up not being able to make out so much of the film.

I will say, as much as I still enjoyed it and am excited to rewatch and engage more fully, it felt like such a waste in the IMAX 70MM format. I get that Nolan *can* and thus he will, and I think it's great that Universal. (and before them Warner Bros) were smart enough to let him tell his own stories, but that format should really be reserved for high spectacle films, and Oppenheimer is just *not* that. 

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I'm excited to rewatch with subtitles since Nolan insists on having the weirdest sound mixing in his theater experience and I don't have great hearing so I end up not being able to make out so much of the film.

I will say, as much as I still enjoyed it and am excited to rewatch and engage more fully, it felt like such a waste in the IMAX 70MM format. I get that Nolan *can* and thus he will, and I think it's great that Universal. (and before them Warner Bros) were smart enough to let him tell his own stories, but that format should really be reserved for high spectacle films, and Oppenheimer is just *not* that. 

It has some high spectacle shots, but yea, it's much more of a character-driven film than probably needs to be in IMAX format. 

The first season (8 episodes) of 3 Body Problem is out on Netflix. I like it a lot so far. They do a pretty good job of feeding you the info needed as it progresses but it wouldn’t hurt to do a little research first if you have no clue what the 3 body problem is and if you have no clue about the book. It’s a rather odd mix of 50 year old Chinese history, Physics and aliens. Same show runners as GoT and, so far, 3 actors from GoT  (Samwell Tarley, Davos Seaworth and the high sparrow).

I really want to finish it tonight but have an Avs game to watch so it might have to wait one more day. Hopefully they get season 2 out more expeditiously than the GoT seasons.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

The first season (8 episodes) of 3 Body Problem is out on Netflix. I like it a lot so far. They do a pretty good job of feeding you the info needed as it progresses but it wouldn’t hurt to do a little research first if you have no clue what the 3 body problem is and if you have no clue about the book. It’s a rather odd mix of 50 year old Chinese history, Physics and aliens. Same show runners as GoT and, so far, 3 actors from GoT  (Samwell Tarley, Davos Seaworth and the high sparrow).

I really want to finish it tonight but have an Avs game to watch so it might have to wait one more day. Hopefully they get season 2 out more expeditiously than the GoT seasons.

Did you read the books? I just finished the first two and they are excellent. 

Side note, I simply couldn't get into GoT. Gave up after 4 episodes, nothing about it hooked me and I love sci fi/fantasy.

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Did you read the books? I just finished the first two and they are excellent. 

Side note, I simply couldn't get into GoT. Gave up after 4 episodes, nothing about it hooked me and I love sci fi/fantasy.

I have not read the books but I did read about the books and the 3 body problem.  I’m a bit weird, I like reading about physics. I don’t totally understand a lot of it but I find it interesting. But please give GoT another shot. If you like fantasy/sci fi, it’ll have to hook you at some point.

• Plus1 1